1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Big Chestnut Hunt

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by illy1996, Nov 7, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

I have crunched the numbers for the total event requirements:

26,780 Welsh Onions (4,464 Daily)
    1,364 Winter Chestnuts (227 Daily)
    Lots of other items from our barns required too, eyes too boggled to add them up. :wuerg:
    We only need to do 120 Tasks to get the CR and EP items. :)

Please correct me if I have miscalculated! And please also tell me if I have missed any "must have WOW prizes". :D

This is the event that I will be skipping. Need a rest, need to put out all the other secret stables and trees that have accumulated and generally get my Barn into a better position for the next event that takes my fancy. :music:

I am really not impressed at all by the prizes, though that doesn't usually bother me, but I would need to empty my Glade and I don't really think it is worth it. Even the CR is "mwah"! -.- Like I would even align harvesting my CR to harvesting Donkeys and Ostriches! :sleepy:

Good luck all those who go for it. ;)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    swingtime, Mooboy, KaiCat33 and 18 others like this.
  2. dnin21cent

dnin21cent Forum Duke

I will do it,the reason is the giver.
    I like those prizes, so when I got those giver,
    I will first use up all those charges before put them on CR.
    As the CR buff only act on ostrich and donkey.
    yes those 500X TEP & EP gain look attractive, But I will wait till I got all those prizes first

P.S. forget to say, thank illy to calculate the nos.

Okkkay, 12ss12, KaiCat33 and 14 others like this.
  3. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

You nearly had me then, Dnin! Had to go back and check ... nearly fell for the PF giver but for 20 PF and 5 (shock horror!) BB! -.-
    Nope, my critters are going out and protesting in the fields! :p

I have done all events up till now, I must take a break or I won't have anything left in my Barn but secret stables and seedlings! xD

12ss12, Sue46, kibsnfebs and 12 others like this.
  4. habalala

habalala Forum Overlooker

Thanks Illy for the start and overall numbers. As I skipped the Circus I *might* do this one, just not sure yet.

I did a quick calc for 60 tasks on each side. It'll require:

Left side = 4990 event crop + 295 event drop
    Right side = 6440 event crop + 235 event drop
    28 stew = 7280 event crop + 616 event drop
    Totals = 18710 event crop + 1146 event drop

Plus a small bunch of small donations from the barn.

If doing 148 tasks the givers can be won twice (from main progress and task reward).

5. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

I'm going to prepare for the Harvest Hoedown, if there is one. Then again, if not, I will prepare for when there is one! :p
    Might make a few CCs on selling manure cos all my fields will be filled with animals and pens. :music:

12ss12, Sue46, KaiCat33 and 10 others like this.
  6. elimeno

elimeno Count Count

I think my mill and myself could use a break...at least a a couple of days...

12ss12, Sue46, KaiCat33 and 9 others like this.
  7. phoenixboy12

phoenixboy12 Old Hand

Thank you Illy again, your calculator must be overheating with all the events recently that needed crunching

I will start and see where I get too, the givers even though have limited charges are better in my 'pocket' :p

One gripe, how many of newer farmers have hit singles. Im at 99 and dont have them. So many will get stuck at level 16 on both sides when carrots are at level 54:mad::mad:. Lets see if this gets changed so more farmers can have a chance of completing more levels

8. Cassie101

Cassie101 Board Veteran

Good idea phoenix boy
    I have asked that they are changed in Player Feedback.

12ss12, KaiCat33, elimeno and 9 others like this.
  9. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Commander of the Forum

Thanks illy for starting this thread and for number crunching! I do have all the barn required items as I have planned while playing this
    game to get some of each product in my barn (just in case)! lol BUT I am sitting this one out!;) Good luck to all doing this event!

12ss12, Sue46, KaiCat33 and 12 others like this.
  10. Nala777

Nala777 Active Author

Thanks @illy1996 for the kick off. I'm in ;)

12ss12, KaiCat33, elimeno and 10 others like this.
  11. SahraB

SahraB Junior Expert

Strategy,

Left side task chain all of. Right side task chain 46. up to the task. Needs,

Welsh Onions : 26,780-8,360= 18,420

Winter Chestnut : 1,344-237= 1,107

12ss12, KaiCat33, elimeno and 11 others like this.
  12. Erridge

Erridge Forum Inhabitant

Thanks illy for crunching the numbers:) I'm in. :D

13. 12ss12

12ss12 Emperor of the Forum

thanks illy for the numbers and the thread.

Skipping this event seems to be a luxury ! [​IMG] Will I be able to afford it ?
    I haven't removed the butterflies & chameleons from the field. Should I do the event. I very much want to skip and take a break. But my ECOD is saying look at the cloudrow. 15% reduction time for donkey & ostrich pens & 500 x EPS & TEPs. By the time i finish typing this post, I have come to a conclusion. Do the event. First I made decision that I will skip this event & give myself a break. But when I started typing this post I went into a dilemma. Now DO IT. ECOD commands me. I am doing it. But will keep my eyes open for any event that is not worth doing & will skip it in near future. :p

14. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum Great Master

I think I'm going to sit this one out, too. I have a huge craft show on Saturday in Cut Bank and I need to prepare, plus I'll lose that whole day... I'm with Illy - I think I will take this next couple days to rebuild barn stocks of animals and longer timed plants.

12ss12, Sue46, KaiCat33 and 11 others like this.
  15. nacori

nacori Forum-Apprentice

I too am giving this a miss I an still getting over being stuck in the maze for days!

12ss12, Sue46, KaiCat33 and 11 others like this.
  16. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Forum General

no mindless junking this week ----- o - u - t ............. again!

12ss12, Sue46, Mooboy and 13 others like this.
  17. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Overlooker

Thank you Illy for the thread and the numbers. Thanks to you SahraB for a scaled back version. I am in the undecided category.
    Need a good nights sleep just to make up my addled mind. Good luck everyone.
    SOS thread posted.

12ss12, KaiCat33, elimeno and 8 others like this.
  18. clonahmon

clonahmon Forum Baron

Thank you Illy for crunching the numbers again.

I think I am out... Need a break and have lots of real life things on the plate.
    Not clearing my barn for this one.

Good Luck everybody, whatever you do ;)

12ss12, Sue46, KaiCat33 and 10 others like this.
  19. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

I only harvest the CR once a day and that's before my first harvest. BUt I'm not sure I have the time, or the energy. Life isn't on farmerama's side, and I'm crashing down like a lead balloon. Sadly I'm going to sit on the fence for this one as well.

Good luck to us all, and may the drop rat be with those that is going for it

Thank you Illy, Sahra, Hababala and Joan for the effort and help.

20. Nellie_Noodles

Nellie_Noodles Commander of the Forum

Thank you Illy for the maths

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    12ss12, kibsnfebs, KaiCat33 and 5 others like this.