1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Game Of The Old Mariner

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by Nala777, Aug 28, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Nala777

Nala777 Active Author

The Game Of The Old Mariner
    29th of August 2018 - 4th of September 2018
    Difficulty: Easy
    Special Event Crop: Card Clover
    Time: 5 hours
    Gives (2x2): 120 EP
    Plantable on the 3 main lands (main, meadow, glade)

Special Event Drop: Foil
    You will get these drops when harvesting your crops, trees, stables and workshops
    on the 3 main lands only and 1 with each breeding!

Special Mill Product: Deck of Cards
    Ingredients: 500 x Card Clovers + 35 x Foils
    Time: 5 minutes
    It can be produced in the main and tropical mills - Events feed tab!

Note: Each player will receive 1 x Deck of Cards to try the Memory mini-game!
    30 Decks of Cards will be required to get the Event Cloudrow (CR).
    To mill 29 Decks of Cards: (As each player will be given one Deck of Cards at the start of the event)
    Event Crops: 14500
    Drops: 1015
    Milling time for 29 DoC's: 145 minutes

Good luck farmers! Have a great event!

FAQ's: http://www.bigpoint.com/farmerama/b...he-game-of-the-old-mariner.33209/#post-206235
    Thank you @joanc123 for the sos thread.
    http://www.bigpoint.com/farmerama/board/index.php?threads/sos-the-game-of-the-old-mariner.33215/

~edit~ please keep in Mind that the Maximum font size allowed is 4​

Last edited by moderator: Aug 28, 2018
  2. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Forum Demigod

Thanks Nala777, for starting the thread for this new event! I am all in for doing this event!:p I hope the drops are good
    and we can all have fun with the mini card game! I hope all are memories are working when we do the event!xD
    Good luck to all and lets have some fun!;)

3. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum Master

the last event we had like this, I found it easier to match background colors than pictures. I don't know why, just the way it worked. Anyway, nice cloud row, you know I'm all in on both farms. Grow grow grow...mill mill mill...play play play

4. joanc123

joanc123 Count Count

Thank you Nala777, for kicking off another event and for the numbers. I hope easy applies to the Drop Rat. :)
    sanddollar15, I Do remember that my memory had some trouble with the last one...
    However, there are a few nice goodies in the selection. And the CR is nice, too. Good Luck Everyone!! :music:
    SOS thread is posted... Here's hoping it will not be needed.

5. Cassie101

Cassie101 Forum Baron

Thank you Nala777 for doing the numbers. It looks an easy enough event. My farms Cassie101 and Erridge are all in.:D

Good luck everyone. :)

6. MARLYMAR

MARLYMAR Forum Overlooker

thank you for starting this thread too Nala :inlove: well I just cleared all my mainland fields again so I can do this event im going to do what I can id really like to get some of those misc. items :) ;) good luck to all doing this event :p:)

SahraB, fun2farm, Nala777 and 8 others like this.
  7. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Expert

Thanks for starting us off again Nala777. :)

The first and last event we had with similar mechanics was Valentine's Day. That event was also rated as "easy", and there was even a note in the FAQ indicating the drop rate would be high, but people were still complaining about drops.

There's no such note in the FAQ this time around but the drop requirement is also significantly lower (1015 vs 1330 for the previous event) while the crop requirement is almost identical (14500 vs 14250), so I expect the overall difficulty will be similar.

My strategy for this event will be the same as last time:
    • take a screenshot of the card layout at the beginning of the game
    • flip 2 cards at a time in sequential order, starting from the top left corner
    • note the position of each character on the screenshot I prepared earlier in MS paint after each turn
    • rinse and repeat until I get a match
    In the Valentine's Day event, the card in the bottom right corner never changed from one game to the next but other than that, there was no discernible pattern as far as I could tell. I managed to finish most games within 12-14 turns and occasionally ended the game with 11 turns or less if I got lucky. Even if you end up exceeding 14 turns, I'm pretty sure you can exit the current game and start over again with a new set of cards, if I remember correctly.

If one gets 7 bonus coins per game and manages to play all 30 games, they'll have 1260 star coins to spend in the shop. Not bad seeing as how you don't have to buy any of the givers and it only takes 1750 star coins to buy all the misc items (minus the sticker and CAC).

Good luck everyone!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  8. Cassie101

Cassie101 Forum Baron

Great idea zerodegrees I will be taking screenshots too xD

I got 251 foils from first harvest of crocuses :)

SahraB, fun2farm, Nala777 and 7 others like this.
  9. Greek-Guy

Greek-Guy Regular

Just started and I have to say that the drop rate is very good!
    I harvested all my trees and stables after the event started. I also harvested a lot of onions and asparagi that I planted them yesterday. I had the 2
    statues in every farm I was harvesting (I haven't unlocked the rune yet).

The results were wonderful.
    136 foils in 30 minutes!!!! I will continue this strategy, but I will only use the event plant now!

I put my 10 seeds in 10 2X2 filds along with
    super-grow, water and Suzy's super-grow. In 1 and a half hour I'll have 80 seeds, which I'll then plant in 1x1 along with water and a carrot-apple chutney! Th rest of the fields will be used for a normal plant with 4 hours as grow rate. By the end of th day, I will have A LOT of seeds for tomorrow!

SahraB, yeap, fun2farm and 5 others like this.
  10. -Mir85-

-Mir85- All knowing Oracle

Just a small tip, if you activate the carrot apple chutney before harvesting you will have 100 seeds to replant :)

That is fixed now, the bottom right card varies, but the exit trick still works :)

11. Greek-Guy

Greek-Guy Regular

You are right, thank you! I was going to activate the chutney before I harvest for the second time, but since the effect won't last until the next day, I will use it earlier!

SahraB, yeap, fun2farm and 4 others like this.
  12. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Expert

Drop rate appears to be as good as, if not better than, last time. Combined with the lower drop requirement, I think there's a good chance that the average farmer will find the "easy" rating to be accurate this time. :)

-.- <-- using as substitute for mild profanity.
    That takes the probability of finishing in 11 turns or less from "very low" to "all but impossible". :cry: Oh well.

If you eat a Pinkie Pie Pie after activating the CAC, you can extend the CAC from 18 hours to 23.4 hours. ;)

SahraB, fun2farm, kibsnfebs and 7 others like this.
  13. Greek-Guy

Greek-Guy Regular

Thank you for your information. But it's too late. :(
    Also, I wake up around 12:00 in the noon, which means that the buff will probably be over by then, even with the Pinkie Pie Pie...

SahraB, yeap, fun2farm and 6 others like this.
  14. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Expert

@Greek-Guy
    My bad, didn't realize you were up earlier than usual and assumed you would be up at around the same time tomorrow. :oops:

SahraB, Greek-Guy, fun2farm and 4 others like this.
  15. Brookeham

Brookeham Commander of the Forum

I'm all in too! :D Memory game might be a bit tough for me. :oops: I will try the screen shot with my phone.

SahraB, fun2farm, Cassie101 and 5 others like this.
  16. Nala777

Nala777 Active Author

Hi, thanks everyone.:inlove: Drop rate looks good, got 151 foils from first harvest. :inlove:;)

SahraB, fun2farm, Cassie101 and 5 others like this.
  17. MARLYMAR

you need a total of 6 CAC to last the entire event with pinkie pie pie 7 if you want to stretch it :) hope this helps :) I got 188 drops first harvest on this farm and 208 on my other farm :)

SahraB, Nala777, fun2farm and 5 others like this.
  18. olofkalle

olofkalle Someday Author

Is it possible to play more than 30 minigames .... if you don't have a perfect memory and are not so lucky in the minigames?

SahraB, Nala777, fun2farm and 3 others like this.
  19. MARLYMAR

yes you can play past the 30 games :) I asked in general questions and she said yes you could play past 30 games :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    SahraB, Nala777, zerodegrees and 5 others like this.
  20. Brookeham

Brookeham Commander of the Forum

I believe we can play more than the 30 games. How else could we purchase all the goodies? :music:

SahraB, Nala777, joanc123 and 4 others like this.