1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback The Great Chase III

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by Farmers.Almanac, Jul 10, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

[​IMG]

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding "The Great Chase III" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. illy1996

illy1996 Emperor of the Forum

I was about to be very negative and be very dismissive of this event (the event crop is only plantable on one field and to get the best prizes, we need to play 100 games) until I saw the dates. I had seen that we get two Detective Tools a day but, taking that over 12 days instead of 6 days, puts it into a better light. :inlove:
    Now I'm looking forward to this event a lot more! :music:

Edit: I now have some more thoughts on this event:

I like that only one field is used for the event plant but we get drops from two fields (hope they are generous!). This leaves the other two main fields free to do "normal" farming. :)

I like that the Dance in the Wind event is only on Baha.

I like that there is only one giftable drop item.

On the negative side, although I am sure I can do 100 games (and probably more) in the event time, I have less confidence in getting very far on the game points. Too many points required.:(
    I also feel that the games will get a little boring after a while - but I am sure I won't mind if I am winning good prizes. :D

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  3. sunshineaz

sunshineaz Forum Pro

I actually pretty much hate this mini game. It is stressful and I hate trying to remember where all the items are. There are no redeeming qualities in this event.

007Farming, Peanut1492 and baw815 like this.
  4. Janisella

Janisella Forum-Apprentice

My opinion regarding these mini-games, is they should only be part of a main event once as an introduction, then if the devs want to use them again, they should be added to Renzo's, so the people who like them can play them as many times as they want.

Sue46, Lea2191, farmlily3 and 4 others like this.
  5. bikki93

bikki93 Forum-Apprentice

Well, my main farm is not exactly planting area. So, enough event flowers cannot grow there. I cannot remember things. Even if I could I do not know what some of those things are.

Sue46 likes this.
  6. sunshineaz

sunshineaz Forum Pro

I love the little fishing game, hate that you make us play this awful game to get the lures to do the fishing. This connecting 2 or more events with nothing in common is bad design.

Now people can't choose to do what they want in the game, one must do something they hate so they can do what they like. Or, they don't do either, missing out on doing an event they really like.

Sue46, Lea2191, farmlily3 and 4 others like this.
  7. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Mogul

I love that we use only one field, leaving the other fields for normal farming. I hate that this game gives lures to be used in the fishing game, meaning that those who want to do the fishing game, must play this one. I actually enjoy this game, but I understand why many do not, so I concur that this should be added to Renzo's so those who like it can play it, but those who don't, don't have to. I do think the 100 game requirement is tedious. So many events lately have mini games, some of which are quite time consuming.

But again, so happy with the one field thing, please keep that as a feature!

8. 007Farming

007Farming Board Veteran

That is a FANTASTIC idea...are you listening BP?

KaiCat33, Sue46, farmlily3 and 2 others like this.
  9. nm56

nm56 Board Analyst

I like both of these games but I don't like that you have to play one to get the items to play the other.

I like the change to the Chase where a new room appears in XX:XX hours. That way if you have trouble or don't like a particular room you can skip it. UPDATE: After playing for awhile I realized this is not a skip feature. It just replaces the 1st room of your 3 choices with the new 1 so you can't skip a room unless you wait days (24 hrs for each new room to appear).

Since the Chase is limited to one field it would have been the perfect game to be played on the Event Playfield leaving all Mainland fields open to regular farming and/or receipt of additional drop items.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Sue46, fun2farm, baw815 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Floridasolve

Floridasolve Junior Expert

Getting enough drops is just not going to happen - I just don't know why BP is making this game so difficult to finish. It is getting more frustrating than fun. Only one field to grow crop for so many games. Terrible - I'm only getting 3 maybe 4 games for every harvest - mostly due to the drop rate which again stinks.

Sue46 and saturnia22 like this.
  11. Lea2191

Lea2191 Junior Expert

I appreciate the 2 free games a day. I can participate in a very limited way without really doing the quest.

Also don't like the overarching event design.

I do like the options now for the search game. I find it easier to pick out what is different about the pictures, but can't find objects from a written list. This type of game has started to grow on me, and I know a lot of players like it. I wouldn't mind a wider variety of games that require a little skill, especially games that can be played quite rapidly.

Sue46 likes this.
  12. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Board Veteran

The new format where we have three games on rotation is a winner in my view, as I can remember a time when we had six (I think) and two or three of them were unfamiliar. The way we have now, only one of the three is in the unfamiliar category, and this is a vast improvement. This is development at it's best. Well done!

Brookeham, KaiCat33, habalala and 2 others like this.
  13. saturnia22

saturnia22 Forum Master

As above the one field is okay, but the drop rate is awful, I have 5000 plants built up and 10 soot. One field harvested should have the drop rate to correspond which would be 40-41 but I get 22-24 this is out of whack; why? so I have to buy it?
    I've tried Flax, Orange Peony, Chrysanthemum..20 hour pens, jumbo stables, the drop rates are measly. At the finish I'll have thousands in crop leftovers.

14. KaiCat33

KaiCat33 Padavan

I love playing this game. Wish we could keep it going in a separate space, so we can play our 2 games a day or more. Love that we can take our time and still get 70 points. I won't get the cr, but for me thats ok, it is a very relaxing fun game to go to every day. Maybe you could just put a little flower somewhere on the page where we could click on it and play...and it won't disrupt the game for those who don't like it. Thank You. :inlove:

15. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum General

I enjoyed this - long time and just one field. I would happily take more events like this

KaiCat33 likes this.
  16. illy1996

illy1996 Emperor of the Forum

I enjoyed it too apart from it being connected to the fishing event. I didn't get bored - just impatient to have enough crops and drops to play! :p

I still think the requirements to finish were too high but I am sure it was possible if I put more effort in, as others do, though maybe it was only possible if I put my hands in my pocket (which is very unlikely - don't want to go down that slippery slope).:music:

KaiCat33 likes this.