1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Great Eclipse Strategy Thread

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by SahraB, Sep 5, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SahraB

SahraB Junior Expert

The Great Eclipse
    6th of September 2018 - 17th of September 2018
    There are a line of 11 quests. Each quest lasts for 24 hours only!
    Difficulty: Dependent on User choices
    FAQ: The Great Eclipse
    SOS: The Great Eclipse

Event Crop: Beryl Broom
    [​IMG]
    Time: 4 hours
    Gives (2x2): 52 EP
    Can be grown on the 3 tropical lands (baha, waterfall, crystall falls)

Event Drop: Emerald
    [​IMG]
    You'll get these drops when harvesting your crops/animals/workshops and trees on the 3 tropical lands only.

To fulfill all missions you need 20,750 x Beryl Brooms and 2,740 x Emeralds.

and (please correct if wrong)

267,500 barn value worth of Tropical Crops
    105,000 barn value worth of Tropical Fruits
    60,000 barn value worth of Breeding Animals
    22,000 barn value worth of Tropical Products
    6,000 Chayotes
    4,250 Pineapples
    3,000 Bell Peppers
    2,500 Papyrus
    1,750 Sugarcanes
    1,500 Honeydew Melons
    1,620 Bananas
    204 Ficus
    186 Moringa Pods
    144 Cocoas
    112 Ebony woods
    160 Pandas
    160 Anacondas
    110 Parrots
    90 Camels
    75 Sloths
    65 Seals
    45 Elephants
    12 Dolphins
    35 Bikinis
    35 Chopsticks
    30 Flying Carpets
    12 Peanut butters

The shop will be selling an Crate Emeralds during the event.

[​IMG]

Price
    :3 BB
    50 x Purchase limit

Grand Prize:

Anti-Doomsday Machine II
    (11 curtains applied)
    [​IMG]
    Gives: 1600 EP / TEP, 30% extra EP/TEP when harvesting for 2 hours
    Time: 9 hours
    Size: 1x1
    Can be placed on all main and tropical fields, park, shipwreck bay,pet playground

Good luck to everyone.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  2. Greek-Guy

Greek-Guy Regular

After the Good Mariner ended, they aired a more difficult event just a day after. Now they want us to compete in 2 events on the same time... Why???

mus1962, KaiCat33, Sue46 and 4 others like this.
  3. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

Greek-Guy: This seems to be the way this game is going, non stop, back to back events. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on which side you fall, a lot of farmers enjoy the constant action and get bored (LOL!) in between events. :p
    I have to remind myself each morning if there is an event going on! :D

We have the choice whether to participate or not but, again, lots of us are compelled to try and, once smitten, we feel we must finish each and every event! :music:
    I must admit, I like the look of this event, it is different from the norm but I hope I can keep up with it all! xD
    Batten down the hatches all and ... go! ;)

KaiCat33, Sue46, marymac50 and 7 others like this.
  4. Arielh

Arielh All knowing Oracle

Thank you SahraB for doing the math for us:)

I am have not still decided what to do with this event. Seems so difficult to me to be prepared for an event that the requirements will change each day.. but it is a very good challenge too:music::oops:
    What will you do? Which days of the event do you think are easier?

KaiCat33, Sue46, Erridge and 5 others like this.
  5. -Mir85-

-Mir85- All knowing Oracle

Thanks for the totals SarahB, very useful :)

It is clear you have been away from the game for some time xD this is the new normal, so better get used to it :p

KaiCat33, Sue46, Greek-Guy and 7 others like this.
  6. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

Thanks for doing the figures, SahraB! ;)
    That's an awful lot of drops! o_O
    Let's just hope the drop fairy is in town! :music:

KaiCat33, Sue46, farmer_broke and 6 others like this.
  7. loyajova

loyajova Forum-Apprentice

copy + paste continue, all these calculations are already written in the French forum

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    fatoş55, KaiCat33, MARLYMAR and 2 others like this.
  8. Nala777

Nala777 Active Author

Thank you @SahraB for the kick off.:inlove:
    Normal xD;) @-Mir85- , you are killing me xD

Agreed @illy1996 o_O>:( Looks undoable. :eek:
    Will try to do the first quest.

KaiCat33, Sue46, Erridge and 4 others like this.
  9. -Mir85-

-Mir85- All knowing Oracle

I for one prefer not to go to the french forum to look them up ;)

10. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Overlooker

Thank you SahraB, for getting us started. This may be difficult to complete, so I may do the silver part and then pick and choose based on prizes.
    Good Luck to us all... Let us think good thought about the Drop Fairy!
    SOS thread is posted, in case the fairy turns into a rat.

KaiCat33, Sue46, farmer_broke and 5 others like this.
  11. Arielh

Arielh All knowing Oracle

loyajova I think you clicked to translate the page but when you wrote your answer it also got translated in Turkish when you posted it.

KaiCat33, Sue46, farmer_broke and 4 others like this.
  12. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,
    Please remember this is the Strategy Thread :eek:

Regards,
    shooger.sweet

KaiCat33, marymac50, Nala777 and 2 others like this.
  13. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Commander of the Forum

Thanks SahraB for starting this thread and crunching the numbers! I believe this event is too rich for my barn at this time
    so I am choosing not to do it!;) Good luck to all taking on this challenge!:p

KaiCat33, Sue46, marymac50 and 6 others like this.
  14. kibsnfebs

kibsnfebs Forum Mogul

Thanks SahraB for the Numbers, saving our lot of time :)

KaiCat33, Nala777, MARLYMAR and 3 others like this.
  15. m_adele12

m_adele12 Forum-Apprentice

I calculate 1887 Beryl Bloom and 250 Emeralds per day to fulfill all missions. This should be doable for many as the crop is 4 hrs without water and manure. This means there will probably be time for longer growing crops overnight in case of shortfall in drops or some of the other requirements. I have most of the other requirements fortunately already but lower level players may have a difficult time. The chayote will be difficult for many lower level players. I will leave out all stables and trees tonight and long time crops and remove only what I need to once I have an idea of the drop rate. I hate ripping up BAHA!

KaiCat33, Sue46, Nala777 and 5 others like this.
  16. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum Great Master

Well since we've been reminded that this is a strategy thread...

You know I'm in on both farms.

I looked at the daily quests. And for the most part, if you're after the giver upgrades, remember that you only need do the silver level of each step save for the last one that you must do all 3 to get the giver upgrades. So the requirements can be lessened for those who do not need to do all the levels (yes, some of us have more severe cases of FEOCD than others).

I don't have time to do the math to figure out the numbers if we skip gold and diamond levels to just do the last step through diamond, but I figure it's less difficult.

I knew that it was too good to be true...so much for making the poo on baha lands. heavy sigh.

KaiCat33, Sue46, Nala777 and 5 others like this.
  17. m_adele12

m_adele12 Forum-Apprentice

Since quests are only 24 hrs, I believe you can skip some quests entirely. So you could skip some days entirely and still do later quests and get some upgrades but not all.

KaiCat33, MARLYMAR, Nala777 and 3 others like this.
  18. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Forum General

I seem to require a little assistance regarding possibilities with this event.
    For some strange reason, all I seem to focus on is a need for over 20 gazillion junks.

Would someone be so kind as to provide a reason for displaying Proooooooooooooofessional Junker antics with this event?

MARLYMAR, Nala777, kibsnfebs and 2 others like this.
  19. clonahmon

clonahmon Forum Baron

OK here is my strategy:
    I have all barn requirements already, so no need to set out trees, stables or workshops. Still I intend to play only on two fields.

The most number of brooms, we have to give to the quests is 3330 brooms. The plant has a time of 4 hours without any water, so when planting only on baha and rainforest with 188 fields, each harvest will give an excess of (188+188 )*3=1128 brooms. 3 harvests a day should suffice to harvest the highest requirement. There is definitely time for long term crops to help with the drop rat (hope she is not exhausted from the last event).
    - Nuking the first seeds with CAC,SG and SSG on 2x2 fields gives 100 plants after one harvest, 400 for resowing on 1x1 fields with 2nd harvest (without SG or SSG)This gives then 1128 excess+ 24 leftovers.First quest needs 800 brooms only, so already excess for future quests
    - normal growing of brooms until bedtime, night planting with a long termer, early morning planting of brooms again.. repeat until all plants are grown
    - delivery of required goods roundabout at 12:00 noon each day

Does this make sense? LOL

Good Luck everybody!!!!

KaiCat33, joanc123, MARLYMAR and 3 others like this.
  20. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

Because you can ?
    It's the same (silly?) reason climbers give for climbing mountains. one can even ask oneself why do we even play this game.

I just found out about the event, farm tucked in nicely with 6h crop all over...Might need to cherry pick the quests, which is a shame as I LOVE timed quests.

KaiCat33, Cassie101, joanc123 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.