1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Lost Palace

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by habalala, Sep 11, 2019 at 11:57 AM.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. habalala

habalala Forum Freak

The Lost Palace
    FAQ and SOS threads

Bahamarama Event, all 3 fields, 6 days

Grow - Throw - Mill - Play

Playing 40 mini games grants givers + CR.
    1 mini game for free.

39 mini games require:
    39 * 600 = 23400 event crop (carpet)
    39 * 35 = 1368 event drop (magic lamp)
    to produce 39 pick axe in the (baha or main) mill

23400 event crop / 6 days = 3900 per day
    3900 per day = 1300 plots (1x1) with CAC applied per day
    (provides 5200 event crop, 1300 are for replant)

When all is cleared:
    Bahamarama = 188 plots (1x1)
    Rainforrest = 188 plots (1x1)
    Crystal Falls = 156 plots (1x1)
    Total available per harvest = 532 plots (1x1)

1368 event drop / 6 days = 278 per day
    drops from crops, trees, stables, workshops

Event crop = 6:00 hr
    with water = 4:48 hr
    with water and manure = 4:12 hr

Mini game

Fit 8 different pieces into a grid.
    Each game gives at least 5 points (under 10 tiles filled).
    More points for filling more tiles, bonus points for solving the puzzle within 5 minutes or less.
    Points earned are exchanged for small rewards.

Keep smiling!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 2:52 PM
  2. illy1996

illy1996 Emperor of the Forum

Thanks Habalala for doing all the hard work. ;)
    I'm not over-impressed with the prizes but I do like the look of the mini-game. Think we have had a similar one before. :)
    I will probably use all three fields, though leave outlying trees round all three and most important pens/workshops on Crystal Falls. :p

I'm aiming for the CR - really don't think I can go further than the 40 mini-games (even that seems highly unlikely!) unless I get lucky on the wheel. :music:
    Good luck all and have fun! :inlove:

3. SahraB

SahraB Board Analyst

Thank You, Habalala!

Note: The time in the mini-game is only relevant for the right side. The highest points in the mini-game are 20 points.

So with 20 points in 50 mini-games, you complete the right side.

I think it's possible to reset the mini-game with the ' - ' key.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 12:22 PM
  4. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

Thank you very much for your wisdom.

Now I will use mine and stuff leaves in my pock as they fall from the broke-tree.

No way for an oooooooooold farmer noooooooooooow to come up with all the junks every day.

If anyone needs assistance then the farm will send wilson!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........it's Wonderful wilson Wednesday.

5. dumbunny

dumbunny Exceptional Talent

I abhor this type of mini-game. ugh. ugh. ugh. I'm no good at it. The cloud row is decent...at least it resets in 22 hours and gives an XL toolbox plus crate of "wacky" animals (more other gunk than actual animals, I think, but could be good gunk...) plus a boatload of TEP. So...do I clear fields and go for it or sit this one out? Not sure. Think I'll decide in the morning.

Edited to add: Waves hands wildly at Farmer_Broke... what is your take on A: an extra 1/4 of a poo days (quit laughing) and B: The Manure Crates? I am thinking that the exorbitantly high prices for manure at the market have not materialized recently - and I am trying to decide if this is due to the crates (because the 1/4 extra poo-doo can't possibly make that great a dent in those prices, or can it?), the sudden slowdown in the event rate (or is that just me thinking that?), all, some or none of the aforementioned? I don't know whether to cheer or cry over this...cheaper prices are good (buy low) but high prices are good, too (sell high)...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:56 PM
  6. farmer_broke

@dumbunny
    Hello dumbunny! You bet I have a "take" on (A) the extra 1/4 poo days and (B) manure crates.

Playing poo was very lucrative at one time. Event developers knew good and well some were not doing events and farming to sell poo. Some needed funds and could get them quickly this way. (I sure did and explained how to do it efficiently.) Developers struggled for a looooooooooooong time trying to get control of poo prices in the game.

The extra poo days do have an effect on prices. The extra poo days are not by accident either. If there is demand demand demand demand demand ........ poo prices generally increasing increasing increasing for weeks at a time ...... event event event ... count on a 1/4 period! And Beeps is still experimenting with the length of time to do it. (They have all this data AND they are trying to learn to read it and be able to get more and more accurate at the prediction of price effect.)

The crates tie into this prediction effort. There is no limit to the number of manure crates a farm may hold. If one is an event junkie then it makes no sense to open the crates when poo prices are not high. This way the junker saves a little. (And what is in those crates can vary at their whim too and they will play with it.)

IMO the crates are a nice bit of garbage for the event junkie and one can beat it: At the end of a junking event with CAC still active just run a few rounds of carrots or wheat or hay then sell them and the event junkie will have enough ccs to buy plenty poo during the next junking session.

Here is a little scheme and one will save just a little or a lot if Beeps looses control of the poop market .... and they have but do much better. A junker can store s little poo on the market:

Say I put one on the market at the end of an event for 700 ccs. So it cost me 70 ccs to list it (10%).
    Poo on this market is about 300 or so now.
    You can pay 300
    OR
    reject the offer you made and end up having paid 70.

Pay BP or pay an oooooooooooooooooold farmer nooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Poo itself is a very very very very small part of the big picture of this little game.

I can easily see how Beeps is orchestrating the parrot feather and there is no sign that the parrot feather is out of control. Sureeeeeeee, the parrot feather will/has gotten out of hand for Beeps. But the parrot feather is not out of control and this is what is desired. There is a difference.

And the same control must be maintained for manure. The effect is game-wide.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ..... just clear your fields, leave um nice and clear and come on over under the tree and we 'll have a mighty fine chat together.

ohhhhhhhhhh ,,,, got it ,,,,,, we'll have a picnic.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 3:53 AM
  7. dumbunny

Still thinking on it (the event)... And I agree with you about the whole big poo picture... I turned a nice profit following your advice when I was just wee bunny. Now, I'm thinking those days are over, but something else will come along. Was a time (before this farm) when my first farm made a killing selling rare tree fruits. That doesn't happen so much any more, either. Although, I think there was a hiccup in their plan with Sweet Chestnuts - you suppose the junior designer that made it food for a new animal got the boot? Anyway, interesting about the parrot feathers...I was just thinking about that particular item over the weekend. I suppose there's quite a frenzy this G&T over parrot feather trees. What was once plentiful is now very very scarce.

Still hating on that mini-game. Still thinking I'm gonna sit this one out. No time for the frustration factor of it all. Must sew. Seriously - still 3 more RL farmer's markets followed by a string of holiday shows...gah! Real life always gets in the way of this game.

8. farmer_broke

I seriously doubt any individual solely made the decision to use Sweet Chestnuts as an animal feed. Nahhhhhh, I doubt anyone got the boot. No need! The idea of using rare tree fruit in animal feed has been tested somewhat. This idea remains in its infancy too.
    • There is no current breeding animal that uses a rare tree fruit in its feed! (Not yet!)
    Sweet chestnut relates to the llama. Another thread is needed to fully discuss the llama.

Enjoy the RL farmer's markets.

Now you and I both know that the revenue we were generating from poo sales was unreasonable. That mess was out of control and the game team knew it. The team had to exercise caution when trying to find a solution. lol........... As the mess got even messier, player like you were on that messier mess <----------------------lol hahahahaha And of course the farmer_broke farm would never do such a thing ............. hahaha

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, happy sewing and junking

9. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

A tip for the mini game: You can rearrange the pieces. I expected the pieces to be locked down once you let go, but fortunately you can pick them up again! :)

Unrelated: You can save a picture of your palace by clicking the camera button in the upper right corner :)

10. dumbunny

Well the morning is here. Yeah, I know it's late. I got up in the middle of the night to harvest one last round of MM crops and seed in those ugly ear things (PS - you can never have enough ugly ear things).

Sooooo...I've decided I'm going to give that free pick axe a try. If I can manage to not fongoo the whole thing, then I'll give it a whirl. BUT, I'm not digging everything up. I'm just not. So I'll do what I can do. And Mir85 - thanks for the tip...

11. joanc123

joanc123 Forum General

If the mini-game that comes up is messing with your spacial reasoning, just hit escape. When you go back in the next game will be different and the time starts over. On one of my farms I hit escape 3 times.
    Good luck and happy farming. :)

12. Cassie101

Cassie101 Forum Freak

Good tip :D
    Both Erridge and Cassie are going to give this event a go.

13. rivak

rivak Active Author

I'm going to give this event a pass. I still haven't unlocked the third island at all, and half of the second one is still jungle. I don't think I can plant enough carpets to be able to mill more than a few pickaxes, and I don't want to spend real money on the baskets.

I did splurge on the party tickets sale and bought a bunch of those. But that'll have to be my last real purchase for a while.

14. habalala

habalala Forum Freak

Just keep in mind it might still be profitable to grow the event crop. Depends on your goals..

Event crop = 6 hrs = 240 TEP (2x2 plot) + 8 TEP each on conversion (40 TEP per 2x2) and 5 CC each
    Regular crop = Bell Pepper = 6 hrs = 84 TEP

15. baw815

baw815 Forum Ambassador

Took a long hard look at this event. I admit I was very tempted, but I decided to pass. I have too many crops to catch up on since Madagascar Stories and making food which I held off on during the event. Baha feed takes sooooooo long that I am still playing catch up.

I do like the mini-game very much, got most points on all my farms. xD :p

16. dumbunny

So imagine my surprise when I discovered that I mis-read the FAQ for this event and it only takes 600 carpets to mill a pick axe! I read it as 6000. A sure sign that my brain is becoming unhinged...

17. KaiCat33

KaiCat33 Regular

Thank you Habalala, and everyone. I'm in....I love this game. :inlove:
    Good Luck everyone. :inlove:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019 at 6:33 AM
  18. farmer_broke

uhhhhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:cry: Glad you all are happily junking. Well this oooooooooooooooooold farmer nooooooooooooooooooooow is flat broke again with exactly -0- ccs :cry::cry::cry:

:cry::cry: Oh well, I'll just collect the leaves as they fall and stuff um in my pocket and be happily like an ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold farmer nooooooooooooooooooooooooooow :):)

And I sorta think I might just need to watch out for the dumbunny now! :inlove: :)

19. saturnia22

saturnia22 Forum Master

I did it! seriously..not a fluke I think. I filled the whole square. that took some thought though, don't know if I can repeat.
    I've been absent for most of the summer's events cos I couldn't spend much time on them, but my ONE free game was good.
    not using poo, just water...better not say that too loud since Broke might get nervous and start growing junks; that would freak people out!
    just growing what I can with no expectation of finishing

20. kibsnfebs

kibsnfebs Forum Duke

Finished with 56 games :D

Good Luck Everyone in the race:)