1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback The Sheep-Hellhound

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by Farmers.Almanac, Oct 15, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

[​IMG]

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding "The Sheep-Hellhound" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Board Veteran

I have waited until a good way into this to properly assess this event, and, well simply put, the prizes for each 'feeding of the hellhound' are Crap. Scrooge McBigpoint is at it again. This is a power-feed event needing about two hundred power-feed per day. Even the power-feed sale is rigged so we cannot use bb's, it has to be cash.
    You are too greedy for your own good. Yes, I am committed now so I will spend to finish. But I will not spend in any other areas. No pets, no cloud rows that require cash and no harvester every other month.
    Well done in you ambition to make this game a sad time where I am forced to do things that I don't want to.
    Bigpoint are the airport parking wardens of the gaming community.

>:(

Stinkerton and baw815 like this.
  3. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Baron

I'm actually quite enjoying this event. Yes, it feels like I'm haemorrhaging PF, but since baby boom is on, I would have been breeding anyway. I may as well get some extras from it. And yes, I've spent a few million CCs on extra animals for the categories I was lacking, but I have hundreds of millions of them anyway, they're easy to earn back, and personally it feels like a worthy investment in the farm - at least as a player who doesn't give any real money to the game.

I have managed to get a crab pool from this event (which I have been trying to obtain for months), several EP/TEP boosters (which will help me level up, gain more BBs etc...it is a snowball effect), and small bonuses here and there which will help my farm advance. Plus the things I have been able to buy from the tree of wisdom with the stars I've earned, and other rewards from breeding FSQs that I have been able to work on alongside this event. My point is, although the rewards you get directly from this event may not be brilliant, I have personally profited a lot indirectly, by using what I have won to make more gains.

I've quite enjoyed it, but I will add that it also isn't sustainable - I am able to participate in this because I don't usually participate in events, and therefore have built up more resources than others may have. I also won't be able to participate in future events for a while, if they are like this one, because my resources are now depleted.

I guess what I am trying to say is, this event has been fun as someone who doesn't usually participate in events. That said, it is simply not sustainable to continually get involved in every/most events on offer, when each event is so resource-depletive. This event is great as a standalone, but if you want to participate in other events, it is simply too much.

Okkkay and baw815 like this.
  4. Growalot

Growalot Forum Expert

If it wasn't for the red penguin, I wouldn't be doing this event. In saying this though, I am enjoying it because I'm gaining a few prizes along the way, getting some breeding done with Baby Boom, using only the minimal PF to get past the silver level, and luckily I had a lot of dragonflies to donate which helped.

I just enjoy the fact that there are no crops 'n' drops. It would be nice to get the red hellhound but because MM is only open briefly once a month, I'm content with just the base pen for now.

I'd be happy to participate in events like this one again, providing the rewards were worth it.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  5. illy1996

illy1996 Emperor of the Forum

I really enjoyed these 24 hour events. They did ask for a lot and, for me, the prizes weren't brilliant but for those who didn't have all the pens, they were great. :)

Lots of PF required, not that many double badges and ridiculously few skips but I did enjoy being able to (more or less) choose what I would use to get my badges. The mini game was good too. I managed to get back a bit of my PF and a few animals plus GBs, Stars and EP/TEP. :p

I don't like that fact that the MM weekend event also requires PF - poor planning in my opinion but, as breeding is one of my favourite events, no doubt I will scrape up enough to participate. :music:
    Love the Red Hellhound Den. :inlove:

6. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Master

I like breeding events, and enjoy that we get to keep the animals that we breed. Loving the fact that there is a long event going on with no requirements for farming, so we can grow whatever we need for an extended period of time. The prizes may not be hugely stellar, but the red upgrades are nice, and I have gotten a bit of PF back from the spawning characters, and I have noticed over the past two years that we get a whole lot more PF as prizes than we used to. Yes, we also use a lot in events, but overall I do feel that our comments are heard, and many get utilized. If not in exactly the way that we would like, I do think that there is an attempt being made to give the players what they want, while at the same time giving the company what it needs. Yes, there are constant sales and offers, but that is true of ANY game that I have ever played, any platform, any format. I enjoy that the diversity of events seems to be growing - not so many plain grow and throw events.

Willow and -Mir85- like this.
  7. Okkkay

Okkkay Active Author

I enjoyed this event and I love the red hellhound pen, but maybe an overlap in the tasks would have been nice. I mean, what if the bird part were active for the first and second day, then the amphibian part active the second and the third.... It would have been much less stressy for me.

As for the powerfeed, I skipped quite a few breeding events recently so I had the feed I needed. It was also nice that there was a Farmpalooza as well for most of it, so some of the farmcoins spent on pf came back.
    Also I'll admit I use powerfeed for moonlight stables regularly, especially with creatures that eat too many ling-growing crops. (Zombiesheep, I'm looking at you!) So when the fullmoon is short, I won't hesitate to feed my cerberi with powerfeed to gain as many pups as possible. In that setting, 6 x 2 x 100 powerfeed for the red den is worth it.

8. Lea2191

Lea2191 Advanced

Spreading out the days of breeding to make it last more than a few hours was a nice touch. I normally like breeding events and the rewards are normally pretty good. I was happy with the rewards. I was concerned about wasting real money if I missed a day, something I normally don't have to worry about with event. There was one day I believe I didn't breed and was still able to finish the event.

(I have plenty of PF but since I buy it when I am out I consider it real money).