1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Spider Nursery Strategy Thread

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Moraine, May 21, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

The Spider Nursery Event

Time: 24th of May - 30th of May = 6 calender days.
    Difficulty: HARD!
    Where: Moonlight Mania Fields
    FAQ:The Spider Nursery
    SOS: SOS - The Spider Nursery

Crop: Goo Berry,
    4hours. With Water: 3h12min. +manure: 3h 2 min (rune 2:53)
    Drop: Spider Web, from, crop, animals, trees.

No Cloud Row! - 4 givers.

Totals:
    Event Crop : 13 900
    Drop: 750
    . Daily average of 5 days: 150 (average of 6 days: 125 Thanks PnP)

Room 1: 10 000 Crop + 150 drop
    Room 2: 1 500 Crop + 90 drop
    Room 3: 900 Crop+ 160 drop
    Room 4: 1 500 Crop + 350 drop

NB! Beware
    As per usual some MM buff doesn't work on event crops. So Terror Bouquet and the MM cloud row that shorten time on MM crops do not work. The Vampire serum however is made to work on MM-event crop, giving +2 on harvest. The Cac and Pj does work as they aren't linked to a category of crop.

Unrelated to this event:
    New MM content and MM FSQ

Personal view: This event looks to be only for those hard core EFOCD crazy people. If you struggle on the medium, I suggest you just cherry pick what you want of prizes and enjoy the long MM time for own personal goal. Sanity isn't all that bad... I've heard

Disclaimer: I did all the calculation in my head. Before coffee or tea, enough said. As always I need help. If only to keep this first post as accurate as possible, I would be grateful.

Thank you Joan for the SOS thread :inlove:
    Thank you Dafodily, Banjoman and Mir for the extra reminders.

Edit: The rooms have been changed, and I've updated this post accordingly

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  2. littletinybit

littletinybit Forum Inhabitant

Moraine! Thank you for crunching this.

Is this doable only if you have all of mushroom fields open?
    Forgive the question... I need another cup of coffee before I can do numbers this morning.
    I still need 3 more open.

3. -Mir85-

-Mir85- All knowing Oracle

Looks good Moraine!

I like this format. There is no cloud row or other grand prize at the end, so no pressure (apart from FOCD :oops:) to finish all of the event. The requirements for room 1 and 4 are very modest. If you don't mind growing lots of event crops you can do room 2. Or, if you're getting a lot of drops, but want to use the fields to produce non-event things you can do room 3. Or like a true FOCD sufferer aim to complete the entire event :p

4. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

I like your thinking, it's doable, but how doable?
    Assuming there's 200 1x1.
    Each plot gives you a net profit of 3 (need 1 to replant),
    => you need 23 harvests, (23,17 - but last one you don't need to replant). That's AFTER you've built up a stock.

If we think you can be around to do 4 harvests a day, 4x5days = 20 harvests + you have those 2 half days for stock and last harvest. There is also the night.

I'd say it would be a pain with only one field, but possible - on paper.

5. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Emperor of the Forum

Moraine....thank you for creating the initial post:)

If event is 6 calendar days, daily average is 125 (less scary than 150);):)

6. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

True Pups, but I can often don't have the time the last day, and I assume so it is for a lot of others, so I say 5 days to create a little wiggle room. My glass is not half empty, it is as good as empty (tho with the potential of a refill)

Edit: Didn't think 150 a day would be scary. Didn't cross my mind. As I said - it was too early :D

Really those that haven't open the LL rune should, pretty sure it helps on the drop on MM fields as trophies can't be placed there.

7. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Overlooker

I will probably do rooms 2 and 3 then concentrate on getting a Medusa willow and a Zombie sheep pen for the permanent quest

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  8. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

I am very busy this weekend and there are probably three of the six days when I will only be able to log in once (if that!) so this event is a no-no for me. :(

I will continue with my current (FSQ) projects, then, time permitting build up some stocks for those items that Banjo mentioned (FSQ of which passed by my attention span so had to check them out!). o_O

I will not start the new FSQ until I have finished the others. I may, of course, change my mind and do a few event crops and grab a few of the prizes if time permits ... but only if I see that the drop rate makes this feasible. :music:

But it looks very much like illy is going to voluntarily miss an event! :cry:

*illy does Ned Flanders scream and faint* :D

As I re-read this, I noticed that I am never fully committed to my proposed strategy and always leave a little "wiggle" room to change my mind! xD

9. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Commander of the Forum

Great post Moraine, thanks! I love MM events and I will do as much as I can to get all the new and good things offered!:p
    Good luck to all and lets have a Spooky Good Time!xD

10. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Overlooker

Thank you Moraine for starting this thread and crunching the numbers. :)
    Checked my barn, almost enough crops to build my first Zombie Sheep and Medusa willow (enough critters for several of each).
    I will do some of the event, but it does feel good to boost my stock whenever possible. :p
    The SOS thread is posted. 8)

11. Cassie101

Cassie101 Forum Baron

Thanks Moraine for starting the thread :)

12. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum Great Master

Okay, how did I miss this: What's a medusa willow? Is the ONLY way to get one to buy the large MM Event basket? I can find nothing else that mentions this tree on the forum. Is it called something else? I am confused.

Never mind. I searched wrong. Found it. ugh.

13. -Mir85-

blessedlady2, Sue46, KaiCat33 and 4 others like this.
  14. dafodily

dafodily Forum Commissioner

Just a reminder, MM Buffs DO NOT effect event crops (even MM event crops). So plan accordingly. ;)
    Thanks @Moraine for the number crunching. :D

blessedlady2, Flower, Sue46 and 6 others like this.
  15. BillyJoeBimmBob

BillyJoeBimmBob Forum-Apprentice

Definitely feeling the pressure with this Event and with only having 1 1/2 fields open, I'm gonna need a bit more than my OCD to see the light at the end of the tunnel for completion. Esssh! talk about a love hate relationship with this game... Must... have.........

Moraine, what does the EF stand for on the OCD? I can think of a few fitting words but unlikely my obscenities are accurate.

dafodily... I'm not seeing any information that MM buffs aren't usable.. IE. VS and TB

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  16. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

EFOCD = Event Farmerama Obsession Compulsion Disorder. We all meet in the Strategy section of the forum, in case you were wondering what you were doing here. Sometimes there's a sane farmer popping into tell us how bonkers we are - but we just are thrilled to see normal people.

I'm having doubt if I'm in on this event. Which is kinda silly, because we all know I'll be doing my best. *facepalm* yeah .... bonkers

17. -Mir85-

Terror bouquet and most other MM buffs work on "full moon crops" whereas event crops are classified as "event crops", so TB and the cloud row does not reduce time for event crops. Vampire serum does however give +2 on MM event crops too, it is in the description.

18. Erridge

Erridge Forum Inhabitant

The events classed as 'Medium' by BP have been harder than usual. The FAQ says this event is 'Hard' You can be sure it will be.:wuerg:

It's time BP showed us a little mercy. :cry:

Of course I'll be doing the event. xD

Good luck to us all. :)

19. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Emperor of the Forum

I"m undecided about this event....I need a strategy to make a decision;):pxD

With challenging events like the Neon breeding and now a Baha event, I'm not sure I feel ready to take on another week of stress and worry about crops/drops. I would love the farm coins, PF and givers for Haunted Manor, but I'm ready to relax a bit too.

20. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Overlooker

Like I said PnP... work on part of the event, see how it goes and work on the FSQ.
    And I thought all the rain you were having was causing you stress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.