1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viking Saga V8 - Strategy

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by 12ss12, Nov 5, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12ss12

12ss12 All knowing Oracle

Viking Saga V8
    FAQ - Viking Saga V8
    Event is playable in main farm alone. Crops and drops only on main farm.

• Event crop - Golden Root can be planted only in Main Farm. The crop is 6 hrs crop.
    • Event Drop - Drinking Horn can be gathered only in Main Farm from harvesting crops, trees & Stalls.
    • Event Mill Item - Viking Broth. Both in main and tropical Mills
    1 viking broth = 19 x Drinking horns + 560 x Golden Root
    Milling time: 15 seconds

It can be produced in the - Events feed tab!
    • Instead of star coins as reward we get Crate O' Treasure Hunt as rewards.
    • 1 mill item allows you to play 1 mini game
    We need to play 20 mini games to get the cloud row.
    And 21 mini games to get all the main rewards.
    1 mini game is given for free at the start.

I. For
    Cloud row
    Total Ingredients needed :
    Event crop - Golden Root = 560 x 19=10,640
    Event drop - Drinking Horn =19 x 19=361

II. For all Main Rewards,

Total Ingredients needed :
    Event crop - Golden Root = 560 x 20 =11200
    Event drop - Drinking Horn =19 x 20 = 380

For freshers who are playing this event.
    How to play the mini game

1. You will have a total of 5 tries to assemble the best axe you can for bulls-eye !
    2. The better your axe is, the closer your hit gets to the center of the target, and the more star coins you score!
    3. With each mini event round you can put together 5 axes! You can combine different parts in the first 4 tries, but only the last (the 5th) combination is the one that matters!
    4. The best axe is different in every round, there is a different winning combination every time.
    5. Hitting a bulls-eye in:
    1st attempt = 5 x Crate O' Treasure Hunt
    2nd attempt = 4 x Crate O' Treasure Hunt
    3rd attempt = 3 x Crate O' Treasure Hunt
    4th attempt = 2 x Crate O' Treasure Hunt
    5th attempt = 1 x Crate O' Treasure Hunt

you need to select each part of your axe:
    [​IMG]
    Then, hit play to throw the axe.

Please note: If you are lucky to hit bulls-eye on a throw, the round ends and you get the maximum amount of star coins: 50. Otherwise, you can proceed with all 5 tries.
    REMEMBER: The last try counts, so the final throw should have the best combination you discovered previously!

The hints about how good a part is will be displayed on both the board and under every part you have already used:

[​IMG]
    The more green dots are displayed, the better the part is!

In the final throw, put together the best parts you discovered in the first throws to hit the target!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  2. illy1996

illy1996 Emperor of the Forum

Thanks for starting the thread One-Two. ;)
    I will participate but I am doubtful if I will be able to get the CR. Too many crops for just one field. :(
    Good luck all those who are going for it! :)

Edit: Just had a re-think ... maybe I will pull my trees out of this field and this might give me a better chance. I do love this particular mini-game. I am just very disappointed it only uses one field! :eek:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  3. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 All knowing Oracle

Thanks 12ss12 for starting this thread. I am in, as I LOVE viking events "Hail Queen Meba"!;)
    My plan is to grow crops as fast as I can, then put the trees and pens back to finish getting the drops needed! :) I hope this works!xD
    Good luck to all!

4. Nala777

Nala777 Board Veteran

Thank you OneTwo for starting the thread. Count me in.

5. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Will plant my longest crop shortly, in hopes of a good initial drop count. Planning to run mostly pens on the other fields, to shorten event crop time with manure and water. Last couple of event had poor drops with trees/pens, so will run only event crops and a longer overnight crop on the main field - unless something changes with drops!;)

:)Best of luck to all participating - may the axe hit the center quickly!

6. dumbunny

dumbunny Board Analyst

yay - we only have to play 20 mini-games to get the cloud row! yay - Ingrid is throwing the ax and not warbling this time!

Nice cloud row. I'm in. I never replanted my main field from the last 'main field only' event, so minimal trees and stables there anyway, so guess I'm ready to go...

7. Cassie101

Cassie101 Forum Freak

Thanks OneTwo for starting the thread and working out the numbers. :)
    I'm in on this farm and Erridge.

8. cubanmissilecrisis

cubanmissilecrisis Active Author

Thanks for the math OneTwo.

9. Willow

First drops from initial crop of reeds - 100

10. illy1996

Firsts drops from surrounding trees - 7! :wuerg: Miscalculated my overnight crop and have to wait another 40 minutes to harvest! xD

11. 12ss12

Got 155 drops from hydrangea.

12. mindy1701

mindy1701 Old Hand

Wow, 12 - that's great. I only got fewer than 80 from hydrangea.

13. Willow

43 drops from event crop - from two 2x2 plantings fully nuked and one full field with manure and water.

14. rivak

rivak Padavan

I'm skipping this event. Last week I finally got all my animal stalls and trees arranged just so on the main farm, with only a few plots for planting. I can't bring myself to tear it all up. :(

Plus I'm still a bit tired from maximizing use of the harvest helper last month. I want to take it easy for a while and hit the ground running in January. :)

15. illy1996

I have 189 drops, most from a near full field of Hydrangeas and the rest from the event crops (less 7 from trees, 10 from gifts and 5 from Magic Trees). I'm happy with that as, after less than 24 hours, this is half the requirement. :music:
    On the other hand, with all 1x1s and CAC running, only enough crops to mill one broth ... :wuerg:

16. kibsnfebs

kibsnfebs Forum Duke

Done with 10 Games :D

17. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 All knowing Oracle

Congrats my friend!

18. 12ss12

WOW !!

I have finished 4 mini games. Only one mini game per harvest.

19. dumbunny

dumbunny Board Analyst

Yeah, I'm getting about 1 minigame per harvest, too. Except my other farm had a wheel bonus for part way through the day so I used a lot of green go and I was getting 2 games per harvest, plus harvest every 2 hours, so that farm has 10 games under the belt, too.

20. Cassie101

Cassie101 Forum Freak

I have completed 21 games. Cloud row up and running. Good luck to all still trying. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.