1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wild About Animals VI

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Nala777, Sep 11, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nala777

Nala777 Active Author

Wild About Animals VI

12th of September 2018 - 18th of September 2018
    Difficulty: Hard
    Animals classifications:
    Amphibians, Arthropods, Birds, Fish, Mammals and Reptiles.

[​IMG]
    You will see the classification of each animal in:
    Breeding houses - icon on base animal buttons
    Shop - tool tip info on stables
    Barn - tool tip on the animal
    We will need to Breed animals to collect badges from the Bird, Amphibian and Mammal classifications.
    With every completed breeding of an animal belonging to one of the required classes (bird, amphibians and mammals) the player gains a bird/amphibian/mammal badge.
    There is a chance to receive an additional badge from any of the other categories.

The excess will be lost for every step, so please be very careful when choosing your donations.
    Requirements:
    Bird Side:
    700,000 Barn value of birds and breeding birds
    80 Birds Badges

Amphibian Side:
    570,000 Barn value of amphibians and breeding amphibians

70 Amphibian Badges
    Mammal Side:
    700,000 Barn Value of mammals and breeding mammals
    70 Mammal Badges

Valid Animal/Breeding donations:
    Birds:
    • chicken, crow, cuckoo, dove, duck, goose, ostrich, peacock, turkey, eagle, falcon,
    • flamingo, kingfisher, kiwi, owl, parrot, penguin, pheasant, rooster, stork, swan,
    • toucan, hummingbird, crane
    Amphibians:
    • axolotl, frog, newt, salamander, toad
    Mammals:
    • bat, bear, beaver, camel, goat, cow, dog, donkey, elephant, cat, horse, monkey, deer,
    • mouse, panda, pig, rabbit, sheep, anteater, armadillo, badger, bison, chamois, lion,
    • platypus, fox, giraffe, groundhog, hamster, hedgehog, hippo, kangaroo, koala, lynx,
    • mole, moose, otter, raccoon, red panda, seal, skunk, sloth, squirrel, tiger, weasel
    Event FAQs:
    http://www.bigpoint.com/farmerama/board/index.php?threads/wild-about-animals-vi.33371/#post-207096
    Best of luck everyone.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  2. habalala

habalala Count Count

Thanks Nala for the start! As I returned from vacation and missed the previous breeding event I'm all in!
    I even did some math ahead :)

Requirements for doing the event in full (with the red upgrades)

Birds - 700,000 EV donation + 80 bird badges
    Amphibians - 570,000 EV donation + 70 amphibian badges
    Mammals - 700,000 EV donation + 70 mammal badges

One badge per breeding but it's possible to recieve additional badges during breeding.
    Therefor the max of 220 breedings (440 Power Feed) most likely isn't needed.
    The rewards include 121 Power Feed, I estimate the breeding takes about 280 PF in total.
    Both regular and breeding animals are allowed for donations. Full listings of each category is in the post above.

As there's no need to donate breeding animals I suggest to donate as many regular Bahamarama animals one can afford. These have the highest Exchange Value (EV).

My strategy is

For birds:
    max 80 breedings of any bird AND
    290 Penguin OR
    311 Hummingbird OR
    537 Flamingo

For amphibians:
    max 70 breedings of Frog (max 280 Frogs needed) AND
    317 Axoloti

For mammals:
    max 70 breedings of any mammal AND
    156 Seal OR
    230 Giraffe OR
    303 Hippo OR
    317 Lion OR
    605 Koala

Note: only baha animals with EV over 1000 are listed here. To prevent excess donations maybe one or two low EV animals per step are needed for completion. No need to say it's possible to use some of this and some of that :)

For donations there are many many more options if you wish to donate regular animals with lower EV! Go to your barn, select sort by value, go to animals or bahamarama animals to see the EV per animal. Simply divide the step requirement by the EV of the animal to see how many you'll need to complete that step.

An 8 hour Baby Boom at the start has been announced. I expect there will be another Baby Boom from Friday-Sunday.

Keep smiling!​

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  3. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

Thanks Nala and Habalala for getting this thread going and crunching those numbers. ;)
    Lots of great prizes in this event! :inlove:
    Made my first mistake: prepared my love shacks and put two lots of mammals in instead of one of each category! :wuerg:
    Never mind, thankfully this event isn't too PF greedy and I have enough to cover up my booboo! :music:

4. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Overlooker

Thank you Nala and habalala for all the info. Here I was thinking I did not have enough PF (and I really wanted those new Critters). Yeahhhh, I can cover this Event!! Doing a happy dance here... :music: I even have the critters you listed for donation, habalala.
    Happy Farming you friendly bunch of Farmers! :p

5. perkels

perkels Forum-Apprentice

Will not be able to do much in this event like the eclipse event since I am still fairly new to the game, but will use this to learn more about breeding and perhaps to work my way through the magic stalk quest. I only have a few frogs so that rules amphibians out and although I have tried to build up some power feed, have only 115 to date (had to do every other feed just to get a good stash). Can not really go buying animals in market yet either since cash flow is always growing, yet still not millions to spare. Good luck to all the big farms! I must say, there is never a dull moment in this game.

Sue46, KaiCat33, MARLYMAR and 9 others like this.
  6. -Mir85-

-Mir85- All knowing Oracle

Good luck to you to perkels! Feel free to ask if you need any help or advice :)

Sue46, KaiCat33, MARLYMAR and 8 others like this.
  7. perkels

perkels Forum-Apprentice

Mir85, thanks for the offer. It is a tad overwhelming when you first join. I was lucky to get really great neighbours that have been a huge source of tips and tricks and available to answer my sometimes stupid questions. I would not even be posting this unless a good neighbour did not patiently coach me through the forum process! Keep the tips and tricks flowing... but perhaps in layman terms for us newbies.

Sue46, KaiCat33, MARLYMAR and 10 others like this.
  8. Cassie101

Cassie101 Forum Baron

Thanks nala for starting the thread. :DI will follow your strategy habalala:D

Good luck everyone and may the skips be with you. :)

9. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

Thank you Nala and Habalala for the numbers and strategy. I'm in!

Cassie101, KaiCat33, MARLYMAR and 6 others like this.
  10. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum Great Master

Thanks for starting this thread and for the strategies - Nala and Habalala! My other farm is in and ready to go. I thought this farm was going to be in trouble, but then I looked at my power feed stash - 910!!!! woot! I think I might be okay! Still not sure how I got from 650 to that many powerfeed...must have been the last event and this current baha one...cuz it sure wasn't wheel spins.

Do we all have our armadillo pens out? I suppose their price just skyrocketed in the markets...

Sue46, KaiCat33, MARLYMAR and 6 others like this.
  11. clonahmon

clonahmon Forum Baron

Thanks for crunching the numbers!

I don't have enough animals to participate. Did a few quests requiring a lot of animals, so I will skip this event.

Good luck to everybody participating

Cassie101, kibsnfebs, Sue46 and 5 others like this.
  12. perkels

perkels Forum-Apprentice

Got a tip to share... sure you more experienced players know this, but you can start breeding your animals early- just do not harvest until after the event starts and when the baby boom has been announced. This will save you time and pheromones. Do have a question to put out there though.... in the mariner event I got a guinea pig. It has a good exchange value but can sell a chicken for more in the market which makes no sense considering the feed requirements. Is that a good animal to cash in, since in the market it is not so valuable? It is not listed in the mammal section from Nala, but should be right?

habalala, kibsnfebs, Sue46 and 6 others like this.
  13. -Mir85-

-Mir85- All knowing Oracle

Save your guinea pigs and keep an eye on the market price :) In the not too distant future you will be able to sell them for tens of thousands per animal! I have posted an explanation of why that is so in this thread, so as not to go off topic. It is indeed a good tip about loading up the breeding hut on beforehand :)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    habalala, kibsnfebs, Nala777 and 7 others like this.
  14. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Forum General

This post is also off topic too.
    tens of thousands per animal .............. No ................. Hundreds of thousands this time .....
    This farm bought at even 300,000 ................. Moments ago listed at nearly 394,000 .
    No guinea pig stall here ...............

----edit----

Correction, new listing price now over 401,000 for me

That is enough for me. I'm dumping them all now. (only 17 more to dump)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    habalala, kibsnfebs, Nala777 and 4 others like this.
  15. MsTheaP

MsTheaP Active Author

perkels, do you have pink jelly for the upcoming baby boom? Do you have all your frog pens out?

As one of your neighbors, feel free to send a question my way. And I got your request for toolboxes between events. Now all I have to do is remember that when I'm sending gifts!!!

dumbunny, I missed something. Why armadillos??

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  16. MARLYMAR

MARLYMAR Forum Overlooker

i am going to try and do the bird side and the amphibian side im short on PF so I hope I can finish these 2 sides with the extra PF I will get as reward from the 2 sides Im not really interested in the mammal side I wouldn't mind finishing the whole event but im not going to stress about it ill be happy if I can get all of the bird and amphibian sides done :p;):)

PS: because MsTheap on the mammal side you get the workshop for the armidillo

17. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Forum General

from the event faqs (mammal side):

[​IMG]
    Black Belt Tailor
    [​IMG]
    Time: 10 hours
    Requires to be fed: 1 Armadillo feed (6 x Blackberries, 4 x Pears) + 1 Armadillo
    Gives: 1 Black Belt + 190 EP + 3 Manure
    Placeable on Main Lands from level 3

Black Belt Tailor III: Red
    [​IMG]
    Time: 5 hours and 30 minutes
    Requires to be fed: 1 Armadillo feed (6 x Blackberries, 4 x Pears) + 1 Armadillo
    Gives: 1 Black Belt + 580 EP + 2 Manure
    Placeable on Main Lands from level 3

habalala, kibsnfebs, Sue46 and 6 others like this.
  18. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Commander of the Forum

The key for me is not to over breed . I am keeping an eye on how many badges I am getting for each group and will breed accordingly!
    I am hoping to save on power feed by doing this!:p Good luck to all, I hope you get what you are going after! I want them all!;)xD

19. kibsnfebs

kibsnfebs Forum Mogul

Thank You Nala777 for the Numbers and Habalala for the wise strategy, saving me lot of coloured animals. Followed you and donated exactly the amount of Penguins/Axoltl and Koala and finished the Event..Thanks once again.

Good Luck all of You !

20. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum Great Master

Almost done - just need 11 badges for mammals and birds and I'm done. The other farm is done, too...and it didn't even take all my power feed reserves! Woot!

joanc123, MARLYMAR, habalala and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.