1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wild About Animals VII

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by Nala777, Mar 12, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Expert

Wild About Animals VII

13th of March 2019 - 18th of March 2019
    Difficulty: Medium
    ll Animals produced in Stables will be divided into classifications. These are:
    Amphibians, Arthropods, Birds, Fish, Mammals and Reptiles.
    You will see the classification of each animal in:
    Breeding houses - icon on base animal buttons
    Shop - tool tip info on stables
    Barn - tool tip on the animal

For this event, we will need to Breed animals to collect badges from the Arthropod, Bird and Reptile and classifications.
    [​IMG]
    With every completed breeding of an animal belonging to one of the required classes (arthropod, bird and reptile) the player gains a arthropod/bird/reptile badge.
    Also there is a chance to receive one of the other 2 badges when breeding any of the required categories. NoBadges drop when breeding any of the other categories!
    Requirements of the Wild About Animals Event:
    Arthropod side:
    660,000 barn value of arthropods and breeding arthropods.
    70 Arthropod Badges.
    Bird side:
    660,000 barn value of birds and breeding birds.

70 Bird Badges.
    Reptile side:
    660,000 barn value of reptiles and breeding reptiles.
    70 Reptile Badges.

FAQ: http://www.bigpoint.com/farmerama/board/index.php?threads/wild-about-animals-vii.34956/

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  2. Erridge

Erridge Forum Pro

Thanks Nala for the info:)

3. Brakenjan84

Brakenjan84 Padavan

If you don't want to use breeding animals for donation then these have the highest values:

For Birds
    Hummingbird = 2256 Barn value
    First step (60000) = 26 * Hummingbird = 58656 plus a lesser valued bird or two
    Third step (120000) = 53 * Hummingbird = 119568 plus a lesser valued bird or two
    Fifth step (200000) = 88 * Hummingbird = 198528 plus a lesser valued bird or two
    Seventh step (280000) = 124 * Hummingbird = 279744 plus a lesser valued bird or two

Total = 291 Humminbird plus

OR

Penguin = 2411 Barn value - You'll need 272 plus/minus and a few lesser valued birds

For Arthropod
    Lobster = 2778 Barn value - You'll need 236 plus/minus and a few lesser valued arthropods

For Reptiles
    Anaconda = 1144 Barn value - You'll need 577

OR

Crocodile = 1581 Barn value - You'll need 416 plus/minus and a few lesser valued reptiles

tlcmom, Cassie101, Willow and 13 others like this.
  4. KaiCat33

KaiCat33 Padavan

Thank You Nala and Brakenjan, I will do this. Good Luck everyone. :inlove:

5. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Expert

Attention farmers! Baby Boom is coming for a short period of 4 hours. o_O:p Be prepared. ;):p
    Starts:Wednesday, 13th of March at 18:00 CET (UTC+1)
    Ends:Wednesday, 13th of March at 22:00 CET (UTC+1)

Valid Animals/Birds for Donation:
    Arthropods:
    • bee, butterfly, crab, glowworm, ladybug, lobster, snail, spooky spider, stag beetle

Birds:
    • chicken, crane, crow, cuckoo, dove, duck, eagle, falcon, flamingo, goose,
    • hummingbird, kingfisher, kiwi, ostrich, owl, parrot, peacock, penguin,
    • pheasant, robin, rooster, stork, swan, toucan, turkey,
    Reptiles:
    • anaconda, chameleon, crocodile, tortoise

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  6. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Ambassador

Thank you Nala, thank you Brakenjan. :) All very helpful info. :music:
    It is nice to do a breeding event where breeding animals are not required. :p

7. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Commander of the Forum

Thanks Brakenjan for your helpful information! I am now done with this event and I have the 3 new pens up and running! I am
    milling more food for each of them! :) I agree with joanc123, that it was nice to just turn in the Base Critters Brakenjan suggested, that worked nicely for me and my farm! Good luck to all doing the event!;)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 11:28 AM
  8. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Forum Demigod

This has been true of many breeding events. In order to generate simple profits, a farm must get ahead of the breeding event game. For instance:
    Wild last minute purchasing is not the best choice. The barn value (exchange value) is easy to find. Hummingbirds for gathered slowly for a long period of time here. Why? Because the farm would pay LESS for each unit of barn value than many other alternatives. And the hummingbird was the very first animal cleared from the market by this farm today.

This line of reasoning goes on. Sure, fish and mammals are not called for and cannot be donated. BUT the day will come, again. So the farm has been slowly setting up the market to pay nothing for the goods of others who think they are making a fortune when really they are only giving it away.

The use of hummingbirds is somewhat sound BUT one had to acquire them at the right price.

To market players
    Anyone can sell in a market but few can play a market. There are many times this farm is listing but I do not really want to sell. I am listing because I know others will undercut me and hope that they do. Why? So that I can buy their goods cheap. And later. BAM, shatter their hopes and dreams of profits with their own goods! All I can say is careful you are not being set up.

I recommend one learn something about exchange value analysis. Sure without it one can generate ccs over a long long long period of time, haphazardly. Use it and one can generate hundreds of millions in ccs in a day with little effort.

For breeders
    Donation requirements have slowly increased. What to donate is always a central question. There is no possible way to be nearly efficient with donation unless one has knowledge of what one has in a breeding animal.

Yes the breeding was done here for the badges. The results indicate a slight drop in overall expected results. This fact only indicates confidence that the developers have in the breeding activity. The game took more and gave less in comparison to other times. I'll wait on the results of others to confirm.

Donate for an animal stall or something? ummmmmmmm I've got a while to decide.

Observation
    Although the farm was able to gather many many cheap anaconda, ....... that cheap anaconda supply is running out ... and the anaconda remains a permanent breeding animal! Shortages are appearing in rabbits as the cheap feed supply dwindles in barns.

tlcmom, blessedlady2, Nala777 and 2 others like this.
  9. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum Great Master

all done on both farms...

Things to note: OPEN your CRATES before you start breeding - especially the ones that give colored animals and pheromones.
    SPIDERS - don't know about the rest you, but I hate the spider stalls (cuz I hate spiders?)...but remember to OPEN your MM Crates! I got over 40 spiders on each farm just from opening those crates.

I am seriously thinking about re-arranging a menagerie to put nothin' but bugs in them.

Oh yeah - and that new green monitor stable? That little critter needs butterflies to eat. So if you were stockpiling them for breeding purposes - kiss 'em goodbye. And read Farmer_broke's post above...buy 'em when they aren't in demand (like that's ever going to happen again). Yup...seriously thinking I need a "bug menagerie"...

10. Brakenjan84

Brakenjan84 Padavan

I'm not saying anyone must buy animals, I never buy animals for events. BUT, if you have a barn full of animals, like I do, then this is the best way to use them, rather than your breeding animals.

11. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Expert

Done, yesterday :D
    Congratulations to all those who have finished.

12. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Commander of the Forum

I don't buy animals for these events either! I try to keep a well stocked barn! BUT I have been known to SELL a few!:pxD

tlcmom, Brakenjan84, Nala777 and 3 others like this.
  13. illy1996

illy1996 Commander of the Forum

Thanks Nala for starting this thread and for all the good advice and strategy from others here. ;)

I finished the event yesterday, taking it nice and slow to avoid using PF unnecessarily - managed to end up with NO extra badges! :music:

I did make a blunder though, forgot to wait for BB and got some pretty disappointing results. I did another breeding session with BB and got a couple of better skips so not too bad all in all. :inlove:

Should have remembered to mill some food though - those pens are still in my barn with nothing to eat! Ho hum! :p
    Happy breeding all! :)

14. Neddy38

Neddy38 Forum Master

Yesterday BBD is missed as under my timezone.
    Starting time is 2:00 AM And it ended before I wake up! -.-
    Happy that there is a weekend BBD held.:music::music:

15. SuzeeRabbit

SuzeeRabbit Old Hand

Thanks everyone for the numbers, etc.

I, too, am waiting for BBD...

Nala777 and joanc123 like this.
  16. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum Great Master

I nearly missed BBD, too. Had to go pick the in-laws up at 12:30 pm. so had about an hour. I used a lot of pheromones...but got it done. Now to restock lobsters on both farms. Those came in handy to finish off exactly. Crocodiles, too.

tlcmom, Nala777 and joanc123 like this.
  17. Neddy38

Neddy38 Forum Master

Finished!
    The deco had put out, but the new stables.....
    I forget about that:oops:
    And my baha fields had planted with new plants and also feed new stables and
    workshops.
    So, they had to wait until I can spare some space for them! xD

Banjoman and shellhappybj like this.
  18. tlcmom

tlcmom Forum Expert

Finished this event all new stables and workshop are out on the farm.