Support 4 Year Newbie ??

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by =308Marksman=, May 21, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. =308Marksman=

=308Marksman= Regular

http://prntscr.com/fai518

Really ??? 4 yrs with newbie protection ???

I would figure anyone with a 4 yr badge is fair game

Lil`Wolf likes this.
  2. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

That player must be level 5 or below. The amount of time someone has an account is not used to decide if they have noobie protection or not. Currently, only players level 5 or under can have noobie.

I would also say, that it is possible although unlikely, this person made an account, played for a couple of days then quit and has just returned.. you do not know his circumstances :p

-Arky

3. Lil`Wolf

Lil`Wolf Junior Expert

Hi A-R-K-Y, then can you explain why my boat lvl 3 does not or didn't have newbie protection? and yes i have posted this when it happened. i went into 2 maps at level 2 n got sunk.

4. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

You gain 1 hour of noobie protection AFTER you have been sunk. So, you go into the 2 maps, you get sunk, then and only then do you get 1 hour of noobie protection.

You can lose noobie protection though, and that is by shooting anything... a person, a npc, or a monster.

Once you are level 6 or higher, you will not get noobie protection at all.

-Arky

5. =308Marksman=

=308Marksman= Regular

Sorry...Not buyin it.

4 YEARS!!! ??? Again I am not buyin it... Other than the player intentionally not leveling up and taking advantage of "newbie protection".
    At which point its safe to say its neither a newb nor should it be entitled to "newb protection".

I completely understand how its a players choice whether to level up,spend money or how much money....etc.
    But in all fairness there needs to be a limit on "newb protection".

6. .ModernWarfare.

.ModernWarfare. Forum Apprentice

Get a clue :p i would say most lvl 4 are stronger than me lmao

7. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Okay, so after both of your comments, I thought it was best if I look this player up.

Level:5
    Experience: 1120375
    Elite Points: 523569
    League: Jellyfish League

Unfortunately, I the player was not online at the time so I could not see their cannon damage, reload time, hit probability, etc.

However, look at the amount of ELP and EP this player has. Now, compare that to the amount you have previously got from a Virgo in the last 4 years...
    Virgo:
    • EXP: 400,000
    • ELP: 300,000 (recently changed to 0)
    As you can see, this player has not even completed 2 Virgo scrolls within them 4 years. Do you still believe it is a very big boat? I doubt it.

The boat is obviously not a built up boat sitting at level 5 even though they are nearly maxed to take advantage of the system. This appears to be one of them times where the system is working just right for such a small player.

-Arky

4x4x4 likes this.
  8. PartingShot

PartingShot Forum Apprentice

This boat has been on the water for 8 yrs, Its just not played hardly at all.
    Username
    PartingShot
    User ID:
    40/14937622
    Pirate since:
    2009-01-13 13:45:54
    Last login:
    2017-05-21 05:08:20
    Level:
    Experience:
    Elite Points
    League:
    Jellyfish League
    Rank
    Swab
    Now ppl are telling me I shouldnt have noobie protection. What, not enough ppl to chain sink so ppl want to change the rules? I just dont get it. Now Iam put down for not playing the way other ppl want me to play? I just dont understand your thinking, really.

9. .ModernWarfare.

.ModernWarfare. Forum Apprentice

Ok well i never said that either the boat marksman posted nor you were strong boats or that you should lvl up its your boat play it however u want i couldnt care less really.. now that being said you cant ignore the fact that most low lvl boats stay below lvl 5 to take advantage and bot and yeah as a general rule i think it aplies saying most boats below 5 are likely stronger than me.. or soon to be lol; I might be wrong but i dont think so

10. 4x4x4

4x4x4 Regular

Well, I dont think the boats u are talking about is partingshot's problem, their BP's problem, and dont see them doing anything about it soon. And they're not just lvl5 and under, they're everywhere from what I understand, just more so in lower maps.

11. Where does is state you have to test? Nowhere does it say you have to test past map 5 and not all that don't run bot's or exploit period! Some just don't care to anymore some walled away from accounts by quitting the game and come back from 1 to 2 years away and now just talking to old friends and just doing some scrolls, event now are useless unless spending money to do them not like old events 7, 6 or even 4 years ago. Too now say or force players to test will just make them quit again. They are trying to get players to test why you think quest giver in 1/4 now lol after doing you can only do by testing up and I still pass! This account only all most 3 months old but have seen some old accounts picking up shinnies in 1 maps.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    4x4x4 likes this.
  12. 4x4x4

4x4x4 Regular

^^^, what he said. lol

13. 4x4x4

4x4x4 Regular

14. LeaKed

LeaKed Forum Apprentice

<Edit> people even complain about being sunk by a level 5 boat? Pack your bags if you can't even handle that.

15. He was not sunk by a level 5 boat, it was sailing around with 4 year badge and he could not shoot it because of level 5 newbie protection. That's all it's about older accounts still level 5 and not able to shoot them. Just because people don't want to test up should not be a crime lol. Lots of older players have accounts as old as main account that started by switching between American servers and never played and just as old as main account remember after merge they now all on same server now.

16. LeaKed

LeaKed Forum Apprentice

Oh he was not able to shoot a level 4 boat? Omg that's even worse.

17. Oh he can just has to wait an hour after he has been sunk for newbie protection to ware off or shoots something lol. If sunk again gets another hour hehehe.

18. dropedship

dropedship Someday Author

No issue with a level 5 player having noob protection. It's the players choice to level up. The issue is when a level 5 ship or < is being used to bot scrolls/chests/shinies to fund a guilds Pearls.

As ARKY has advised as soon as the low level player hits anything protection is gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.