Armada of the Dead

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Seren, Jul 20, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unicorndream

unicorndream Junior Expert

quest query, i cannot seemed to find putrid ordette, i sank a perfumed thinking it may spawn like alphonse but no joy. Am i doing something wrong or just hard too find?

2. Satan_Himself

Satan_Himself Forum Baron

Same way. You have to keep trying.

3. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

If I recall correctly, after killing a normal Perfumed Odette some will respawn immediately at random as a Putrid Odette. Only this time the Putrid has a VP shield, so basically twice the strength.

In summary - Some Perfumed will totally disappear after killing and a certain percentage will return as a Putrid.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  4. Satan_Himself

jJust to make it clear: It wont turn randomly while Im shooting it like in previous events? I would hate to see a Marcelle turn after I already spent some ammo.

5. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

When it reaches 50% HP it has a random chance to turn into the undead version. If it does the normal version shall despawn and a undead version shall spawn and you will get a better reward from it. If it does not change you just continue to shoot the normal version and get the normal reward.

-Arky

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  6. Satan_Himself

I just confirmed that. The "better" reward does not compensate shooting the npc 2.5 time (half hp+hp+vp). Event is over for me.

7. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

You get 2 x souls while using nearly 3 x ammo, so the "better" reward is some how unclear to me Arky.

8. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

I was in no means saying the profit is better, the reward is better than you get from the normal ship itself, i.e. greater souls than you would get from the normal version. Profit or worth, is a different story.

-Arky

9. Satan_Himself

10. unicorndream

unicorndream Junior Expert

Thanks to all who replied will keep trying and hope for the best cheers

11. -redak-

-redak- Active Author

Yes, and China is a big economy, when measured on the aggregate... But on a per capita basis, not so.. I guess any Chinese would measure his wealth and well-being on the latter metric system...

Irrespectively, event has come to a complete standstill.

12. -redak-

-redak- Active Author

In the land of least worst alternatives, also known as Seafight, what is your preferred option to watch:

1. Paint dry
    2. Grass grow
    3. The admiral counter for the Armada of the dead

My choice is 2.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  13. CPT.JEREMY

CPT.JEREMY Forum Greenhorn

Do you guys know if they will add something to black market?

14. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

An I choose option 4? Watching a saucepan come to the boil...

15. Jecux

Jecux Forum Apprentice

I hoped that BP put some random pearl drop (10k-20k) for Odettes and Marcelles, because some people stop shooting them when they have enough souls for buffs etc. That would fill the admiral meter way faster and people would make better pearls from the event.

16. Corsair_Bill

Corsair_Bill Forum Connoisseur

well, I guess I'm done with this event, no valid way to complete the quest for the fat Jacques, and now I gotta deal with zombied boats, lol . . guess I'll have to wait and see what the next event holds, hopefully a better pearl drop than this one did . . after all, one can't build a boat on cursed or radiant souls.

17. LogoRhea

LogoRhea Someday Author

This event has potential, but the spawn rate is ridiculously low - you would think BP wants us to spend elite items, but no. No event made by BP is perfect, and that's why there is always a compensation voucher (thanks for trying BP, but you could try a bit harder...). What amazes me is that players are prepared to pay cash for event items which are not properly explained in details.

18. *HMS*aZgaRd*

*HMS*aZgaRd* Someday Author

This event is not one of your better events!!! On a scale of 1-10 i give it a 3.5. The only pearls you get are from Quests and the Admiral. The problem is there are hundreds of ships on one admiral that spawn every 10 - 20 minutes or longer depending on people shooting the ships to make it spawn. Maybe next time, have it spawn in two or three different maps at the same time. We have 30 levels now, not 20!!! We have 68 maps not 52, and we have hundreds players playing at any given moment. We have several servers merged onto one not just one server. Someone needs to take notice, that the number of players versus an event that has barely changed when it was designed the first time for just one server, that there needs to be adjustments made, and I am talking about B I G adjustments to compensate for the number of players, maps, levels etc. Giving the Event ship more HP and a better payout, does not solve this problem. Thanks for listening. Az

19. -redak-

-redak- Active Author

Yes, that counts too...

Anyway, my main worry about this event beforehand was that I wasn't going to be able to complete all my Cancer scrolls... phew, lucky me.

20. LogoRhea

LogoRhea Someday Author

A suggestion to BP: as I was able to get the radiant and cursed souls rather quickly, there was nothing else for me to buy in the black market (once the design and pet are bought), so it would have been a good idea to include a Second ship design and a Second pet in sync with the Second phase of the event (to keep players motivated in collecting souls throughout the second phase).

Destruction likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.