Battle of the Titans

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Seren, Aug 3, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

Battle of the Titans

Ahoy pirates,

Please let us know your feedback about the Battle of the Titans Event!

Please be sure to follow all forum rules and off topic comments as well as complaints will be removed.

Your Seafight Team

2. *Lovely*

*Lovely* Forum Greenhorn

EXP and Reputation with Ouranos by spend pearl ammo...? how much reputation 1 or 2 points, how much ouranos 2 or 3...? sorry but me skip this event, I expect than the old seafight events come back "Crystal Queen event" when any player got queen legacy, pearls and crystals by sunk her shooting flares, "Avanon event" when any player got the Avanon skin by max damage or last shoot, etc.

flaviano likes this.
  3. ELS101

ELS101 Forum Apprentice

What Code for the Event

4. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Okay, so here is my feedback on the Event;
    • Chests are very good.
    • Oracles I dont shoot, just due to the fact that shooting monsters in this game has always been for nearly all players - very very boring (I would love for this to be changed somehow in the future).
    • For a ship of my size, personally I do not see anything in the Black Market which I feel I need to get from this event, other than the Polished Muzzles which I bought with crystals.
    • The rewards from the NPCs, I am in the 100-2500 reputation bracket, and they are good, however being able to go in the Commonwealth Raid, its much easier for me to just shoot ships in there and make a large amount of pearls instead of running around a lot of maps trying to find event ships (I know more will spawn tomorrow if we reach the Threshold, but in all honesty, I will probably still just do the raid instead).
    • I like the structure of the event, I like that there could be implications to your choices in events and I am intrigued as to what that might bring, I think its achievable to reach the 50k Reputation and get the souls for Voodoos but will require a lot of work; as it should be.
    • For small players, in particular I am talking about any new players what join the game (no matter how few that number is), there is basically a very steep learning curve because of events; you have these ships which are aggressive once you picked a side, and will hit very very hard, one shotting most new players. This does not help the new player experience at all in this game, and that's something which needs to change, I know level is not a measure of strength, but I still think making the Event NPCs passive towards level 2-5 players is needed (they are deemed small enough for newbie protection) until you can implement a way to compare strength.
    • Spawns - this is something which can go either way, one hand not seeing the spawns annoys players as some can never find the events, on the other if you see the spawns it means too many people go to the ship, it causes lag and players don't make enough pearls, maybe spawning a few of the admirals with reduced HP/Rewards would be a better alternative

Do not get me wrong, I do think that this event is a good enough for a lot of players, and they will make a lot of pearls and items they may need if they get into the higher reward brackets. I however do not feel I need to take part in this event, as for a boat of my size there are other things which shall benefit me more. This however I am fine with, as I know full well that not every event is for every player, and not to give the same type of reward each time.

-Arky

5. alwayskiller

alwayskiller Forum Apprentice

For me this event is the worst...How is that i have 500k of HP and i go down in 3 times from the seed of ruin or whatever...Cmon be more realistic BP.

Lady.Wolf likes this.
  6. Tergrinder

Tergrinder Junior Expert

Yet another event that is WAY too difficult, impossible even. How are we supposed to shoot the Admirals? I have 319k hitpoints and 345k Voodoo points and when I got in range of one of the Embers of Destruction ships it sank me with two shots in 4 seconds - are you flippin kidding me??? Even the Warriors hit 50k - again way too hard. Come on BP - make it a challenge, but don't make it impossible. Have the Warriors hit 25K and the admirals 75k - and lengthen their reload time a little so we can at least get a few volleys in before we have to retreat. Right now, no matter what ARKY the apologist says, this is far too hard for most players to compete, then you throw in the BOO guild going around sinking everybody and it becomes literally impossible. Scrolls for me until it ends or you fix it.

Panthoneum, The*Defiant and Lady.Wolf like this.
  7. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

An apologist, well thats a new thing ive been told I am :D I offer both critism of the event, and praise on what I think it does well. I did mention I think NPCs hit too hard for smaller players. It does not help the designers for me to just say it is a terrible event and only mention the bad parts, at least in my opinion.

Alright, I will give you tips on how to not get hit so hard by these ships. Damage Prevention is huge for this event, so place your 5% armor special gem on your ship, Damage Prevention Gem on your Pet and Ship. If you are level 21+ use a Commonwealth Guardian instead of a Sellsword, if you have a friend get them to use a Brothers in Arms on you. Do this and you will be getting hit for about 30k (I know smaller boats wont be able to reach the same amount, but these tips should still help). Not every Event requires you to be setup the same way, some events are effected by Dodge, some, like this, mostly Damage Prevention.

-Arky

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    The*Defiant likes this.
  8. yurisanwakid

yurisanwakid Someday Author

BP lost hope about new people joining seafight so they just try to keep the veterans alive

The*Defiant likes this.
  9. kb_rembrandt

kb_rembrandt Junior Expert

negative return on shooting the ember npc. A group of us just sank one. Besides the unreal damage it causes, we all lost pearls sinking it. I personally went through 50k kraken ammo and got 16k pearls back. We used lost love, gunpowder, and I have all level 1 voodoos or better. the 2 radiant souls was just an insult on top of everything else.

10. So if i choose to do gaia quest this time...and sink the ouranos ships...over time i can earn the gaia design?

p.s. I already own the ouranos...

11. alwayskiller

alwayskiller Forum Apprentice

Cmon guys...The last event was one of the best...This event is just money in the pocket for BP...Sry but im not gonna play it.Maybe if u raise the amount of pearls taken from the big ships MAYBE.

Lady.Wolf likes this.
  12. CharlesVaneee

CharlesVaneee Active Author

The pearl payout is break even/small profit even with over 1000 rep. Apparently its 20 percent more with 2500 rep but whos going to make 50000 rep its ridiculous. I made about 200k pearls in a fulls day playing, I could sit in raid and make equal or more pointless atm.

Lady.Wolf likes this.
  13. minigravey

minigravey Advanced

could always have a medic ship like i made. :D one my other accts is full rep everything specificly made for events like this, then again i also sacrafice human contact and having a life to play seafight. :eek:

sjahnice likes this.
  14. minigravey

minigravey Advanced

bigpoint, at least make the oracles of delphis, most dmg. disgusts me seeing newer players working hard to get that 1 delphi, only to have those low map bots zipping around banging out 900 dmg harpoons taking the 1 thing they can do.. it's straight up sad, and like your spitting in there face. at least do a few 1 weeker bans on " accused" <--(insert sarcasim) random playrts. put a little paranoia in the botters.

15. Corsair_Bill

Corsair_Bill Forum Connoisseur

k, my observation . . haven't been seeing any admiral announcements when an event admiral spawns, kinda difficult to do anything when you run across an event admiral and it sinks you before you can do anything

Lady.Wolf likes this.
  16. Riker(NZL)

Riker(NZL) Forum Apprentice

this event is way to hard ,rewards in market are not worth the pearls in ammo to get them , the skin in market will only suits players under the skins size and there is no way they can reach them , does bp even care anymore? do they even read this ?

Deathless-007 and Lady.Wolf like this.
  17. Deathless-007

Deathless-007 Active Author

Seem we need to wait for next event...

Riker(NZL) and The*Defiant like this.
  18. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

No offence taken mate. Let me make it clear though, I don't try to talk like anyone other than myself and I have no affiliation with Bigpoint. I just feel that its important to give what I think they did well as well . Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the event, and many will disagree with the points I said, and that is what is needed. Only when a lot of people give their honest opinions on different aspects of an Event will Bigpoint get a clear picture of the overall feedback, and thats what they will listen too.

My apologies for the Armor Plate Special Gem. You are correct, I did assume you will have one, which I should not have done. However, all of these were just suggestions on how you could increase your Damage Prevention, and any change you make should help you a little bit on how to not be killed so fast by the event ships. I also recommend levelling up to level 21 as soon as possible so you can gain and use a Commonwealth Guardian, these will help you a lot in not only this event, but I would guess in future events also, I am aware however this is not as easy said as done.

-Arky

The*Defiant likes this.
  19. Corsair_Bill

Corsair_Bill Forum Connoisseur

Apologies should this come across as a complaint . . however, if the pearl drop rate and or the p ammo drop rate isn't raised to sort of match the amount of ammo being used, this event will most likely stall for many of the mid to low ranked players, just another observation, not trying to flame

20. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

With two separate quest lines to take part in, superb event ranking awards including access to Bonus Maps and lots more and a Black Market brimming with booty there’s no better time to cast off and set sail into the Battle of the Titans!

What does the above mean regarding Bonus Maps? Thank you for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.