Battle of the Titans

Discussion in 'Events FAQ’s' started by Seren, Jul 28, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

Battle of the Titans

The event starts at 12 noon on 30th July and ends at 12 noon on 8th August.

The black-market closes at 12 noon on 8th August.

All times are local server times.

The “Battle of the Titans” event features the following:
    · Two factions at war (Gaia vs. Ouranos)
    · Battles with Gaia Defender, Seed of Ruin, Root of Carnage, Rea, Titan Defender, Titan Warrior, Ouranos Warrior, Embers of Destruction, Fires of Pompeii and Kronos
    · Daily ranking for each faction
    · Two new designs: Pride of Knossos and Medusa's Call
    · Event chests and Oracles of Delphi
    · Event quests
    · Event black market (in-game shop)

There are two factions at war with each other: Gaia and Ouranos. Gaia is led by Cassandra and Ouranos by Ajax.

Radiant Souls are only obtainable if the player has reputation with Gaia and Cursed Souls if the player has reputation with the Ouranos.

You are able to collect reputation for those factions by sinking enemy NPC ships and doing quests for the respective side. It is only possible to have a positive amount of reputation for one of the factions.

There is a daily ranking per faction counting the ranking points of the killed faction NPCs. If the sum of all ranking points of a faction beats a certain threshold, that faction have a buff on the following day which increases the spawn of event ships.

Every other day, the threshold is determined by the previous day’s sum of ranking points of that faction (similar to Civil War event).

If you want to change the faction, there’s a quest item which allows to reset the reputation points to zero when giving it to the Arbiter.

During the Battle of the Titans, you meet two event ships sailing regularly on the seven seas (maps 5 – 40):

· Gaia: Gaia Defender
    · Ouranos: Ouranos Warrior

You might also meet one of four admiral ships:
    · Gaia: Seed of Ruin and Root of Carnage
    · Ouranos: Embers of Destruction and Fires of Pompeii

Seed of Ruin and Embers of Destruction will spawn after a certain amount of Gaia Defender/Ouranos Warrior have been sunk.

Root of Carnage and Fires of Pompeii spawn after a certain amount of Seed of Ruin/Embers of Destruction have been sunk and they battle against you with a special behavior:

· They spawn every minute a zone that stuns every player in it again and again for a second. The zone starts with a small radius and gets bigger up to a certain maximum.
    · As soon as the zone reaches its maximum size, every player in it receives a certain amount of damage depending on how many players are standing within the zone.
    · Both Admiral ships will prioritize attacking players who are supporting the enemy faction.
    Rhea and Kronos always spawn together on the same map once per hour. They fight against each other and as soon as they are losing a certain amount of HP, minions are spawning: The Titan Warrior and the Titan Defender. When either Rhea or Kronos die, also the other one vanishes and drops a de-spawn loot („Losing faction loot“).

All Event NPCs must be shot with elite ammunition.

Kraken ammunition and Aer ammunition will cause more damage against all event ships.

The Battle of the Titans also includes the rewarding mechanism which rewards you depending on your gained reputation points. The more reputation points you have, the more reward you receive incremental. The reputation ranges are:
    · < 1 (you will always just receive reputation here)
    · 1-3,999
    · 4,000-7,999
    · 8,000-11,999
    · 12,000+

Gaia:
    - Gaia Defender:
    Depending on how much damage you´ve inflicted, you are rewarded with Reputation with Ouranos, as well as with Pearls and Kraken Poison ammunition when you have reached a certain amount of reputation points.

- Seed of Ruin:
    Depending on how much damage you´ve inflicted, you are rewarded with Reputation with Ouranos, as well as with Pearls and Cursed Souls when you have reached a certain amount of reputation points.

- Root of Carnage:

Depending on how much damage you´ve inflicted, you are rewarded with Reputation with Ouranos, as well as with Pearls and Cursed Souls when you have reached a certain amount of reputation points. All players who have inflicted damage are rewarded with a chance to get the either the new ship design Pride of Knossos, the Hourglass or the Lamp of the Fates.

- Rhea

Depending on how much damage you´ve inflicted, you are rewarded with Reputation with Ouranos, as well as with Pearls when you have reached a certain amount of reputation points. The player who does the most damage also gets ELP. All players who have inflicted damage are rewarded with Cursed souls. Depending on how much damage you’ve inflicted, you are rewarded with the “Lost Faction Loot” that contains Cursed Souls.

- Titan Defender (Gaia)

Depending on how much damage you´ve inflicted, you are rewarded with Reputation with Ouranos, as well as with Pearls. The player who inflicts most of the damage is rewarded with Cursed Souls.

- Titan Warrior (Gaia)

Depending on how much damage you´ve inflicted, you are rewarded with Reputation with Ouranos, as well as with Pearls. The player who inflicts most of the damage is rewarded with Cursed Souls.

Ouranos:
    - Ouranos Warrior:
    Depending on how much damage you´ve inflicted, you are rewarded with Reputation with Gaia, as well as with Pearls and Kraken Poison ammunition when you have reached a certain amount of reputation points.

- Embers of Destruction:

Depending on how much damage you´ve inflicted, you are rewarded with Reputation with Gaia, as well as with Pearls and Radiant Souls when you have reached a certain amount of reputation points.

- Fires of Pompeii

Depending on how much damage you´ve inflicted, you are rewarded with Reputation with Gaia, as well as with Pearls and Radiant Souls when you have reached a certain amount of reputation points. All players who have inflicted damage are rewarded with a chance to get the either the new ship design Pride of Knossos, the Hourglass or the Lamp of the Fates.

- Kronos

Depending on how much damage you´ve inflicted, you are rewarded with Reputation with Gaia, as well as with Pearls when you have reached a certain amount of reputation points. The player who does the most damage also gets ELP. All players who have inflicted damage are rewarded with Radiant souls. Depending on how much damage you’ve inflicted, you are rewarded with the “Lost Faction Loot” that contains Radiant Souls.

- Titan Defender (Ouranos)

Depending on how much damage you´ve inflicted, you are rewarded with Reputation with Gaia, as well as with Pearls. The player who inflicts most of the damage is rewarded with Radiant Souls.

- Titan Defender (Ouranos)

Depending on how much damage you´ve inflicted, you are rewarded with Reputation with Gaia, as well as with Pearls. The player who inflicts most of the damage is rewarded with Radiant Souls.

You always just receive negative reputation points when shooting on the NPCs of the faction where you belong to.

Event Rankings

Rank
    Reward
    1.1 x Medusa's Call
    5 x Firestorm Cannon Level 3
    5 x Doomhammer Cannon Level 3
    1 x Gemini Bonus Map
    3 x Emperor's Booty Bag
    2. - 5. 4 x Firestorm Cannon Level 3
    4 x Doomhammer Cannon Level 3
    1 x Aries Bonus Map
    2 x Emperor's Booty Bag
    6. - 10.3 x Firestorm Cannon Level 3
    3 x Doomhammer Cannon Level 3
    1 x Aquarius Bonus Map
    11. - 50.2 x Firestorm Cannon Level 3
    2 x Doomhammer Cannon Level 3
    1 x Aquarius Bonus Map
    51. - 100.1 x Firestorm Cannon Level 3
    1 x Doomhammer Cannon Level 3
    1 x Aquarius Bonus Map
    1 Random10 x Firestorm Cannon Level 3
    1 Random1 x Medusa's Call
    1 Random1 x Medusa's Call
    1 Random1 x Cicero the Centaur
    1 Random1 x Cicero the Centaur
    Quests

You can accept quests for the Gaia faction by speaking to Cassandra (on the safe haven) and the ones for the Ouranos faction by speaking to Ajax (on the safe haven). The quest giver will challenge you with one quest series each to solve. Every faction has 10 quests (8 normal quests and 2 daily quests). For some quests, you need a certain amount of reputation with either Gaia or Ouranos (according to the faction you chose).

The daily quests are reset each day at 12 noon (local server time).

Please note that any active event quests are reset at this time.

Rewards

The event chests can be opened with event keys and the Oracle of Delphi must be shot with harpoons. The player who does the last shot gets the rewards from the Oracle of Delphi.

In the event chests, you have the chance to find many useful items, like Kraken Poison ammunition, Mojo, action items and Radiant and Cursed Souls.

In the Oracle of Delphi, you have the chance to find many useful items too, such as Kraken Poison ammunition, action items and Crystals.

There are 2 new ship designs:

Pride of Knossos (possible loot for Root of Carnage and Fires of Pompeii):
    - Umblemished Ruby + 22% Cannon damage
    - Umblemished Garnet + 22% Harpoon damage
    - Brilliant Lapislazuli + 115,000 Hit points
    - Brilliant Sapphire + 115.000 Voodoo points

Medusa's Call (Ranking Reward):

- Umblemished Rhodolite + 22% Boarding bonus
    - Umblemished Rose Quartz + 11% Hit probability
    - Brilliant Sapphire + 115,000 Voodoo points
    - Brilliant Aquamarine + 23% Damage prevention

The event keys will be exchanged for normal chest keys, Cursed and Radiant souls for ammunition.

2. Seren

Gaia Quest Line

It’s the Tradition

Start At: Cassandra

[​IMG]

Task:
    Inflict 3,500,000 damage to Ouranos Warrior

End At: Cassandra

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    5,000 Pearls
    1 Event Key

Description:
    And here we go again. I had hoped that my upcoming nuptials with Ajax would put an end to this masquerade. But apparently, it’s considered a bad omen to upset the traditions right before one’s wedding!

Bridezilla

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Completed Quest: It’s the Tradition

Task:
    Kill 3 Oracle of Delphi

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    5,300 Pearls
    50,000 ELP

Description:
    As if I wasn’t busy enough with the wedding! Do you know how many traditions are to be upheld in a Greek wedding? You guessed it Captain, a lot! It seems like it’s the only thing my people care about these days.

Unwanted Guests

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Completed Quest: Bridezilla

Task:
    Defeat 5 Ouranos Warrior

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    5,600 Pearls
    10 Cursed Souls

Description:
    This wedding made me realize another thing about immortality, and trust me on this, it’s not a perk. You begin to know too many people. And now they all think they’ll be invited to the ceremony! I swear to you captain, sometimes, even if for a fleeting second, it makes me second guess or decision to lift the curse.

Elopement

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Completed Quest: Unwanted Guests

Task:
    Defeat 5 Ouranos Warrior
    Inflict 2,000,000 damage to Embers of Destruction

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    6,000 Pearls
    1 Event Key

Description:
    Before the battle, Ajax suggested something. I don’t know if it’s the idea of going through all the ceremonials of the wedding or the wedding itself, but he said that we could always elope. I should probably consult the Arbiter on this matter.

A Lovers Quarrel

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Completed Quest: Elopement

Requirement:
    Have 100 Reputation with Gaia

Task:
    Inflict 9,000,000 damage to Embers of Destruction

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    6,300 Pearls
    50,000 ELP

Resets:
    24 Hours

Description:
    All right Captain, I’ve realized that planning this wedding has put me in a foul mood, but maybe there’s a silver lining in here somewhere. Ajax and I have our disagreements. At the very least, fighting each other will alleviate some of the tensions.

Not Helping!

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Completed Quest: A Lovers Quarrel

Task:
    Defeat 6 Ouranos Warrior
    Collect 2 Event Chests

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    6,600 Pearls
    20 Cursed Souls

Description:
    I’ve consulted the Arbiter about the elopement and, as always, his answer was most cryptic. Why can’t these higher powers speak clearly? Maybe we truly are the “fathers of the civilization”, because talking in enigmas is for sure is a very Greek way to explain things.

On the Menu

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Completed Quest: Not Helping!

Requirement:
    Have 1,000 Reputation with Gaia

Task:
    Defeat 7 Ouranos Warrior
    Inflict 2,000,000 damage to Embers of Destruction

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    7,000 Pearls
    1 Event Key

Description:
    Should we have the seabass or the calamari? Erf, who knew I would on day care about something as trivial as what food is served at a banquet! So, Captain, how’s the battle going? Any chance we are reaching its conclusion?

Courtship

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Completed Quest: On the Menu

Task:
    Kill 3 Oracle of Delphi
    Inflict 5,000,000 damage to Kronos

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    7,300 Pearls
    50,000 ELP

Description:
    Well, it looks like Ajax is taking this battle seriously. I will give him this, our quest to regain our mortality has awaken the fierce warrior inside him. Not to my dislike I might add. I guess we should return the favor in kind. Let’s show my betrothed what we’re made of!

Honeymoon

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Completed Quest: Courtship

Requirement:
    Have 2,000 Reputation with Gaia

Task:
    Inflict 1,000,000 damage to Embers of Destruction

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    7,600 Pearls
    5 Voodoo Cannon Level 2
    26 Cursed Souls

Description:
    Perhaps this is our last battle across the oceans. Fates be on our side; this marriage will bring about the end of our hardship. Who would have guessed that this thought would make me nostalgic! One thing is certain though, once this is over, Ajax and I will deserve a proper vacation.

An Invitation

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Completed Quest: Honeymoon

Requirement:
    Have 4,000 Reputation with Gaia

Task:
    Inflict 13,000,000 damage to Fires of Pompeii

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    5,000 Pearls
    1,000 Crowns

Resets:
    24 Hours

Description:
    You’ve been brave and bold throughout these actions, captain. Once again, I must thank you for your help, and the company. I know we’ll see each other again. You wouldn’t want to miss the wedding after all.

3. Seren

Ouranos Quest Line

A New Type of Curse

Start At: Ajax

[​IMG]

Task:
    Inflict 3,500,000 damage to Gaia Defender

End At: Ajax

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    5,000 Pearls
    1 Event Key

Description:
    Planning a wedding, and now this. Again! I thought the whole purpose of my union with Cassandra was to avoid this nonsense. It seems the fates have a twisted sense of humor, but, if this is their way of sending me into married life, so be it!

A Bride’s Fury

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Completed Quest: A New Type of Curse

Task:
    Kill 3 Oracle of Delphi

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    5,300 Pearls
    50,000 ELP

Description:
    You know, maybe it’s a good thing that Cassandra and I have to battle again. This whole wedding ceremony and the traditions, it puts her a little on edge. And you’ve seen what she’s capable of when she’s angry, better not to be around!

Drinking Buddies

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Completed Quest: A Bride’s Fury

Task:
    Defeat 5 Gaia Defender

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    5,600 Pearls
    10 Radiant Souls

Description:
    Ah, there’s one good thing about this upcoming wedding tough. I get to see a lot of familiar faces, friends, comrades in arms! And they all want to drink in my honor! Ha, what a day! You’ll share one with me captain, won’t you?

Destination Wedding

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Completed Quest: Drinking Buddies

Task:
    Defeat 5 Gaia Defender
    Inflict 2,000,000 damage to Seed of Ruin

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    6,000 Pearls
    1 Event Key

Description:
    Between you and me, captain, before the battle started, I told Cassandra that we could always sail away, and have the wedding elsewhere. But she’s afraid it would upset the fates! I mean, as long as we have a proper feast after, she’s free to do as she likes!

Conflict Resolution

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Completed Quest: Destination Wedding

Requirement:
    Have 100 Reputation with Ouranos

Task:
    Inflict 9,000,000 damage to Seed of Ruin

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    6,300 Pearls
    50,000 ELP

Resets:
    24 Hours

Description:
    For some reason, planning this wedding has put Cassandra into a foul mood. Don’t ask me why, I don’t know, I did my part well, made sure we ordered enough amphoras! Maybe battling one another will make her feel better. If only for that, I should be grateful that we’re on opposite sides again.

Time for a Drink

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Completed Quest: Conflict Resolution

Task:
    Defeat 6 Gaia Defender
    Collect 2 Event Chest

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    6,600 Pearls
    20 Radiant Souls

Description:
    All right, I think it’s time we take this seriously captain. I may not be built for battles on the watery stuff, but I have learned a few things since last time! Now, bring me some wine and you and I will talk strategy. It’s important that I show my future wife that I am worthy of her attention.

Cold Feet

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Completed Quest: Time for a Drink

Requirement:
    Have 1,000 Reputation with Ouranos

Task:
    Defeat 7 Gaia Defender
    Inflict 2,000,000 damage to Seed of Ruin

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    7,000 Pearls
    1 Event Key

Description:
    Am I making a mistake… , captain. I mean, she’s alluring, and you know, beautiful and smart and me, well, you see what I mean , right? What do you mean it’s the fifth amphora talking? It can’t talk, it’s an amphora, and it’s empty now!

A Serious Matter

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Completed Quest: Cold Feet

Task:
    Kill 3 Oracle of Delphi
    Inflict 5,000,000 damage to Rhea

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    7,300 Pearls
    50,000 ELP

Description:
    I have an idea. Trust me captain, it’s a good one and… What do you mean you’ve heard it before? Ah, yes, the fifth amphora talk. Well, if I’ve told you everything about it already, then off you go! Glory awaits us! To battle!

New Horizons

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Completed Quest: A Serious Matter

Requirement:
    Have 2,000 Reputation with Ouranos

Task:
    Inflict 1,000,000 damage to Seed of Ruin

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    7,600 Pearls
    5 Voodoo Cannon Level 2
    26 Radiant Souls

Description:
    I must thank you captain. Once again, you’ve helped me overcome my fears about my future with Cassandra. Now, we all this is done, we’ll get married, and, hopefully, look up to a new future. For us, and for all of Greece.

The Best Man

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Completed Quest: New Horizons

Requirement:
    Have 4,000 Reputation with Ouranos

Task:
    Inflict 13,000,000 damage to Root of Carnage

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    5,000 Pearls
    1,000 Crowns

Resets:
    24 Hours

Description:
    As always, you’ve proved to be a great ally on the battlefield captain. I know you are ready for the next challenge; coming to our wedding! Have you ever attended a Greek wedding before? Ah! You’ll see, it’ll be glorious! I can’t wait for the banquet. Yes, and marry Cassandra, of course.