Cabin Boys

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Bawdyn, Apr 27, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

(originally posted in General Questions Cabin Boys)

Really? You got rid of the Cabin Boys? The Pearl Crew that had the maximum reload benefit! You just announced on Monday that the reload limit was being dropped from 1.9s to 1.5s to accommodate the changes to the Firestorm cannons, but now 4 days later you remove the Cabin Boys making it impossible to get even close to the old limit let alone the new limit. Where is the sense in that?

In PVP it doesn't change things as everyone is effected the same amount, but those of us that are primarily PVE players this will be a huge change in our game play. I had finally built up my boat to the point where I could actually sink a Warrior before it sank me. Now that will be impossible again. Millions of pearls worth of castles, skills, and cannon upgrades wasted just to be back to the same play-ability against NCP as I was over a year ago.

So, here is the real questions. What was the reason for this change? What can we do to convince them to bring them back? Don't they want the 5k pearls/week from almost every player?

2. kb_rembrandt

kb_rembrandt Junior Expert

+1. This really affects anyone that ever wants to shoot a NPC, and farmers are completely screwed. Unless they are tripling the reload time for all NPC's, this pretty much is the nail in the coffin for everyone except boats that do nothing but PVP.

3. Graverattack

Graverattack Padavan

4. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

Honestly this is a fine update, Impact on pvp is 0 and it reduces the need to feed your boat on pearls, okay sure NPC farming may be a little tougher but it makes it easier on the occasional player, so maybe some High end npc balancing is in order but nothing more

babenewport likes this.
  5. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

It would have been nice if you also informed the players in the patch notes that the cabinboys you currently have onboard would still be active until they expired, giving people a chance to purchase the maximum of 28 days before they were taken off the market.

I just assumed that they also would be removed from the ship when the restart was done, so I did not want to waste pearls on extension to max 28 days, my big mistake.

Those with maximum 28 days on restart will have a big advantage over those who's cabinboys will expire before the maximum off 28 days : (

*HMS*aZgaRd* and Lil`Wolf like this.
  6. christich

christich Junior Expert

If you removed them,to release new payment option thing that will get reload speed to those who pay money,i will find where you live and i ....(cannot write more words because it will end in another forum ban) "Edit"

Last edited by moderator: Apr 28, 2018
  7. Cryyyy

Cryyyy Forum Greenhorn

answer is lvl5b steeled chains -10% reload time, new payment item, they remove cabin boys, u was able buy it for pearls and if u want bk to old reload time prepare your wallet. next $$$$ update comming.

Lil`Wolf likes this.
  8. the-one-after

the-one-after Someday Author

bigpoint need to listen to your players here we want cabin boys back or we want them forever make it so these are only buyable and you will loose alot of players this game is pay to win as it is dont make it even worst take it on the chin and put them back in or your going to have alot of pissed off players 95% of the people playing this game think [Edit] prove them wrong

[Edit - Inappropriate Language]

Last edited by moderator: Apr 28, 2018
    Pagan_Spirit and Lil`Wolf like this.
  9. kb_rembrandt

kb_rembrandt Junior Expert

Since my cabin boys expired today, its been real fun trying to sail around being hit by people that can essentially shoot twice as fast as me. I might as well sit in SH for the next 27 days until it's a level playing field. Does anyone at BP even play this game as they make dumb decisions like this?

Loki1621 and Lil`Wolf like this.
  10. KRISTI

KRISTI Forum Greenhorn

I run a guild in server England 1 and as i have talked with all my guild mates who are not that strong to do only pvp if the cabin boys dont get back to game, you make it permament or do something to fix this stupid thing we will all leave this game, we had a lot of reasons to leave the game until now but we still thought that seafight was fun but now... if it odesnt get fixed we have to say bye bye to bigpoint and i think it will be a good thing too because no more money spent on stupid things and packets. Im just saying that im not the only one here and bigpoint will lose all of his players in this game if he doesnt fix this.

Lil`Wolf likes this.
  11. Satan_Himself

Satan_Himself Forum Baron

Well this was enough. If you put something as basic as reloading time as a payment perk Im out.

12. minigravey

minigravey Advanced

maybe because they can't fix the lag, there removing cabin boys, in hopes we wont notice. ...
    more and more its becoming clearer why the bots are multiplying.

Loki1621 likes this.
  13. DARKPREDATOR

DARKPREDATOR Someday Author

they have removed both cabin boys and powder monkeys these ppl just want you to open your wallet end of story

Loki1621 and Lil`Wolf like this.
  14. *KRUCHY*

*KRUCHY* Forum Duke

Hey ,

I can still buy powder monkeys but indeed cabinboys are gone... with is the most silly idea i ever seen seriously.
    All of my daily quests usually takes like 1,5 - 2 hours now it will be even more - lmao.

I did log on my baby boat and checked reload times with diff cannons ( all lvl 0 ).

5,04 sec. reload with doomhammers
    4,48 sed. with devastators
    3,68 sec. with voodoos
    3,68 sec. 60s addys
    2,88 sec. with firestorms

ehhh

15. Mac

Mac Forum Mogul

If bigpoint really want to end this game then this is just another example of how they will achieve it.

Mind boggling crazy stupid idea. Well done you just had another couple of hundred players quit

16. Lil`Wolf

Lil`Wolf Junior Expert

17. tigermoth1037

tigermoth1037 Padavan

will only increase number of bots on water and could be the final move before a lot of members leave for good now

skuttler and Lil`Wolf like this.
  18. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

I can live with this if they only remove them, if there is plans to add a payment reloader then I'm done. That will be taking it too far. (*sarcasm, like they already haven't)

19. Smaller

Smaller Forum Apprentice

yup, this is just ridiculous if the reason behind cabinboys being removed is because of LV5b Chains, BRING BACK CABINBOYS!:mad:

Lil`Wolf likes this.
  20. skuttler

skuttler Forum Apprentice

unreal takein cabin boys out after spending a ship load of pearls gettin um in castles reloader, im done bye bye bp u r truely *edit*

Last edited by moderator: May 2, 2018