Cabin Boys

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Seren, Oct 31, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

Cabin Boys

Ahoy Pirates,

Please use this thread to leave your thoughts and comments on the cabin boys update.

Remember to stay within forum rules or you may find your forum privileges removed.

Your Seafight Team

2. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Is there any information on when they will be available (for in game currency)? Originally, Cabin Boys were always available, during the 'transition' they were available on some events and some real money packs. Will they go back to being always available?

3. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

They were available in the Black Market. Not sure if they are available today.

Tex

4. The_Druncken_Pillager

The_Druncken_Pillager Someday Author

I have Cabin Boys on my ship and it still isnt working the way it should for example my reload speed is very slow depite them introducing the fix on Cabins.

Does anyone know when this is likely to be fix?

Thanks

5. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

Cabin Boys no longer effect reload speed. From The OA Cabin Boys:

• They will stay within the game and will be available again from time to time.
    • They will not be a level of the Powdermonkeys anymore, so that they can be used in combination.
    • They will get new functionalities, such as:
      • Harpoon reload: -1,5sec
      • Cannon slots: +25 Slots
      • Cannon range: +3 Fields
      • Repair Value: +1000 HP per tick
    Hope this clears it up for you

Tex

6. The_Druncken_Pillager

Thanks Tex.

I am maybe confused. lets use an example, I have just put on full Admirals on and my reload speed is +3.65 which is a full +1 it was previously. Is this now typical?

7. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

depends on what you had originally. If you are adding them to Doomhammers that a reload bump would occur as Addys reload faster than Dooms.

Tex

8. The_Druncken_Pillager

full addys 409 cannons +3.65 speed currently.

previously would be approx +2.7 or less

I am using this as an example. Full Doom I have more than +4.6 reload which prev was 3.7 ish.

I have full Super Salvo Skill (reload) so I am trying to understand if I have an error or if the norm for all players now is a +1 or more on what they had previosly (regardles of cannon setup).

Last edited by moderator: Oct 31, 2018
  9. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

Cabin Boys no longer give you a 40% reload bonus so using traditional Powder Monkey (20% reload) you will see a slowing in reload.

Tex

10. The_Druncken_Pillager

thanks Again Tex, I understand. If this is the same as everyone else then I am not at a disadvantage as this must effect all players however I would like to say as this is a discussion thread for Cabin Boys and I assume the affect it has in the game, now they are altered that to reduce the reload speed makes the game very cumbersome to play.

Thanks Again.

11. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

You are welcome mate. Yes it is an across the board change in the game that was announced and talked about on the forum for a while before it was implemented. It is due to the new Skill Tree and brings reload back into balance with the game.

Tex

12. The_Druncken_Pillager

thx, Yes I was aware of the change but was unaware until now of what the change would mean to the game play.

13. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

No worries. We did not know the exact nature of the change either till the patch was implemented.

Tex

14. 〤ĐᾋNƓÈ®〤

〤ĐᾋNƓÈ®〤 Forum Greenhorn

In my opinion, this was a horrible idea. The reload was fine and accessible to all. This just slows fighting and farming making the game less fun to play.

15. ^^DESTROYER-PHL^^

^^DESTROYER-PHL^^ Forum Greenhorn

2018-11-02 00:48:37
    3 x Cabin Boys credited to account. Reason: Payment Pack >>>>after i check in crew assistant i did not see cabin boy in my ship..:)

16. Nighthawk[POP]

Nighthawk[POP] Forum Apprentice

SF knows we all hate the way they have done the cabin boys but they don't care what we think!!

17. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Press your F5 key and look on your Seachart under "Crew" and then "Assistants". Try that mate.

18. ^^DESTROYER-PHL^^

^^DESTROYER-PHL^^ Forum Greenhorn

Thank you mate

The*Defiant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.