Cannon DMG or Hit probability on pet ?

Discussion in 'Help' started by bytza, May 28, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bytza

bytza Forum Apprentice

Hello guys,
    Being new to this game i have to choose between 6% cannon dmg or 12% hit probability for my pet and i really don't know which one will provide more dmg.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    @ng3l-USA 2

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  2. Oddy

Oddy Forum Apprentice

If you have 75% hit chance with all cannons right now, I would go with hit probability. It would give more damage then 6% cannon dmg gem. If you miss shots = you lose damage.

3. Pagan_Spirit

Pagan_Spirit Forum Inhabitant

let us surmise that a player has all cannons at or > 75% hit probability, and 25% extra somehow on the side, i.e. 100%
    ..uuuhh.... i couldve sworn I read the answer to my question somewhere before... (link?)

>> which ships have how much dodge chance that a players hit probability is reduced < 100% again?

4. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

As mentioned above, if you have less than 100% hit probability then use the 12% Hit Probability gem. Having more than 100% probability is only useful against ships (NCP or Players) that have Dodge. (your hit prob - their dodge = final prob; max 100%)

Generally speaking, for NCP ships, they do not have dodge in the <=20 maps (there might be some exceptions) but starting with map 21 there are many NCP with dodge. Also, many Event NCP ships will have dodge and/or damage reduction.

Bottom line, Pick the gem with the highest percent (damage or prob) until you are at 100% prob. Then you have to decide whether having more than 100% prob is worth it for the ships you plan to shoot (NCP with dodge / players with dodge or regular NCP without dodge).

The bible does not tell you if a NCP has dodge (or damage reduction). You can tell when you shoot them though. If you shoot them and the damage they receive is less than what you normally hit, then it has one of them. If you then hit it with Hailstorms (+10% prob) and the damage goes up, then they have dodge. If the damage doesn't go up, then they just have damage reduction.

Pagan_Spirit likes this.
  5. sertatumsingi

sertatumsingi Junior Expert

This is true; all event npcs have dodge chance and since events are usually the main source of income I would always opt for the hit probability.
    Alternatively you can put the dmg gem on one pet for regular npcs and the hit on another pet for events and karkinos and akkorro

Pagan_Spirit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.