Suggestion Changes to the old Bazaar/Market and the Islands

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by яєι∂σѕ8мαяєѕ, Aug 3, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

You like?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. яєι∂σѕ8мαяєѕ

яєι∂σѕ8мαяєѕ Forum Apprentice

Hello,

I'd like to suggest a change that would increase interaction between players a lot. The chat feature is almost never used in non-english speaking server (looking at global servers), the old market is completely useless since the day the gold bug got out, and the islands are good, only for the discount and to show off how cool your guild is. With player interaction and fun in mind, I've thought some new changes that I hope to see in the future, altered of course as they're seen fit.

What's wrong with how they currently are?
    • The market place no longer has any real value, rarely I buy windstorms from there and that's it, nothing else of worth is there anymore. So, the market as we know it should be completely replaced by something much better.
    • The islands are all good to say that your guild is better than mine and such, but else? The 10%, not many even bother to quit their guild, wait, join another to get the discount, leave again, wait, and join their guild again. Too much trouble to do so.
    • The chat is good in some servers, horrible in others, not much to say here, people use mostly teamspeak (probably will continue to do, even with the changes I have in mind).
    So the plan:

Changes to the islands

A new smaller island should be added next to the existing guild island. It should look like a marketplace since that’s what it is.
    An icon should appear above the island as they do in the safe haven, or the entire island or something in it should be clickable like quest giver NPCs (or put an icon on the toolbar to access the marketplace).
    By clicking that, the player can get into the marketplace (more on this on the marketplace section).
    A major detail is that the guild which controls the island also controls the marketplace, meaning they can put taxes how they see fit based on guild relations.
    This would mean that a guild can now earn from their own members, allies, and why not, enemies too.

Marketplace integration with the islands

The old marketplace should be completely gone. This idea is about a player controlled economy and the old market has no place in this.
    Now there are several paths that can be taken on the design of a new market, like;

Each marketplace being separate from markets on every island.

This is not the best course of action as there would not be a lot of reach and would require lots of map changing to get to where you want.
    The market would have the price and the seller name + guild tag displayed.

Multiple markets, one for each guild that owns at least 1 island.

This is a bit better, the players would have to sail to an island that’s owned by a guild, hit the market button, and have a look at all the items listed on that guilds markets.
    The market would have the price and the seller name + guild tag displayed.

One big global market

The one I like the most, you can access the marketplace from everywhere like this. Meaning there is no need to reach the level where your guild has its islands. Just hit the market button and you’re on the marketplace.
    The market would have the price, the seller name, guild tag and the owning guild displayed.

Changes to the marketplace

The marketplace in my opinion should be completely redesigned. Players should be able to sell items, to allow for a better flow of currencies, more competition for the islands, and also more player interaction.

Main points

When opening the market, the player will see 2 tabs, one for listing items, and one for a list of items currently on sale.

Listing an item

Pretty straight forward. The player should have the left side of the menu to pick an item he wants to list, separated categorically. He can pick from pets, trainers, ship designs, ammunition, anything there is. Then he’s given an option to pick how many (days/pieces etc) he wants to list, and at what price (total price, not per piece).

That is the “Buy it now” price, there is also an option for the auction part of the market, an ending date, a starting price, plus a minimal increment (optional, can be set by the server based on min amount/bin price).

The item afterwards might wait for an approval from the guild council, if they set one up that is. For example, a guild can do the following on their markets:
    • Own members: Free listing, 5% fee on the currency the item is sold. Instant listings.
    • Allies: Free listing, 10% fee. Listing needs to be approved.
    • Trade allies: 5,000 pearls per list (or/and percentage), plus a 5% fee. Instant listings.
    • Enemies: 25,000 pearls per listing, plus a 15% sale fee.
    So, the server can limit the taxing of course, but basically the options are these:
    • Listings: Instant Approval / Manual Approval / Not Allowed
    • Taxing: Fixed options (i.e.: free, free + 5%, 5,000 + 5%, etc.) / Manual (up to council)
    The pre-list fee is taken even if the item is not sold.
    After an item is sold, the player gets his share on the item sold, the guild gets its share (the server could take a cut from either the player, the guild, or both), and the buyer gets his item.
    Items listed on the market.

Another big complex point. This could be a design challenge as there would be a lot of items listed. There are a few approaches that can be taken, including;
    • The items are grouped by guilds.
    • The items are grouped by type.
    • The items are grouped by category.
    • The items are grouped in an amazon like approach, where you pick the item, then the seller.
    Or, the best approach would be to have one big list of items and have filters to find what you need, like so:
    [​IMG]
    As you can see my design skills are top notch :p and that is perfect. Jokes aside, the Seafight team could find a better way to put this thing up.

Changes to chat

Simply add a new “Market” tab. There’s a good chance it won’t be used, as people will still be talking on teamspeak to find items.

Benefits and risks

Benefits
    1. The marketplace will be useful once more.
    2. Big players will have where to spend their earnings.
    3. More temporary items can be introduced as people who don’t like farming will be buying them instead of grinding for them.
    4. A new way of playing will be introduced.
    5. Strong marketing point if the game ever becomes downloadable (2020). Who doesn’t love to hear “player controlled economy)
    6. More fighting over islands.
    7. More player interaction.
    8. Etc…?
    Risks
    1. People selling items for money outside of the game.
    2. Boosting.
    These 2 are the only considerable risks to it (or at least that I can think of).

NOTE: It’d be good if the gold and gold items such as hollow were reset to a low amount. Guilds with more than 10b gold should be reset to 10b, players to 500M and hollow ammo to 20-25m.

If you want better formatting to read this, here is a PDF: https://www.docdroid.net/7qoCCVF/seafight-market.pdf

Satan_Himself likes this.
  2. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

I have to admire your fresh entrepreneurial and deeply thought out well written suggestion. It has my vote, it certainly appears to introduce far more benefits into gameplay than any obvious or significant drawback risks, which could be minimised.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  3. яєι∂σѕ8мαяєѕ

Thanks, I'm glad you like it and think that way. The transitioning of the market could be a long process, but hopefully the Seafight Team will take it into consideration :)

4. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

I hope that one day soon the dev team will incorporate this feature, good job and keep 'em coming

5. lellu85

lellu85 Forum Inhabitant

Like this idea, it would be nice to get rid of all junk from player to player

6. яєι∂σѕ8мαяєѕ

Yeah, it sure comes at a cost, but could help bring another currency back to the game. Gold is completely useless as it is. And there are people with millions of pearls and don't have what to spend em on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.