Damage Calculator(BETA)

Discussion in 'Help' started by HMS-dozza, Dec 31, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

For anyone interested I'm putting together an in-depth damage calculator that aims to account for every possible variable. You can monitor how I'm doing and download a copy for yourself here:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ap02JRBqMm8KhIQfYosZ1YY6lOfVzQ

I'm aware there are some things missing, namely Damage prevention and DoT damage along with a few skills/buffs but the main functionality is there and I'm adding things daily.

I want to make this the be-all-end-all calculator for seafight so I'd love some feedback and suggestions from you guys, the community!

Thanks in advance and enjoy!

HMS-dozza,
    In-game noob

TEX~BULL likes this.
  2. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

Thanks dozza, I am sure many appreciate this as much as I do and look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Tex

3. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

DoT added and working, not quite sure how damage buffs impact DoT damage, will have to test.
    Also added a dodge chance placeholder under accuracy, it works fine just you have to calculate your opponents total dodge chance yourself.

Gonna move on to voodoo now but will need some help, as in what makes occult damage different to normal, what buffs is it impacted by etc.

4. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

anything we can do to help just ask. If I do not know I will ask those that do.

Tex

5. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

Well some info on occult damage would be great if you can find out? I'm not too familiar with the voodoo ammo types so I'd like to know:

-What exactly is occult damage, does it just damage shields and is otherwise useless?
    -Voodoo Doom has 'impact damage' it hits through shields from the description but I'm unsure exactly how that works.
    -Are these damage types (occult an impact) treated the same way as 'normal' damage with regards damage buffs/crit etc or do only voodoo specific buff apply, for example Voodoo Augmentor

Thanks in advance

6. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

-What exactly is occult damage, does it just damage shields and is otherwise useless?

Occult Damage is part of ammunition damage that only damages VP, if there is no VP then no damage will be done

-Voodoo Doom has 'impact damage' it hits through shields from the description but I'm unsure exactly how that works.

Same as above but only for HP

-Are these damage types (occult an impact) treated the same way as 'normal' damage with regards damage buffs/crit etc or do only voodoo specific buff apply, for example Voodoo Augmentor

No, only Occult Damage percentage or absolute values increase the damage done by Occult. Similarly, only the Impact percentage or absolute values increase the damage done by Impact. Critical Damage % and Cannon Damage %s only apply to the base ammunition value

Let me give credit to BA Swift who actually explained all this to me. He is our math genius and with out him I would still be trying to figure this out.

Tex

7. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

Thanks so much Tex and Swift, this makes things somewhat easier to handle. I'll get around to adding this all in probably tomorrow night, with that done I'd be very close to calling this finished.

8. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

Awesome dozza, don't rush on my account. It's looking good and you are doing some nice work. Thanks again.

Tex

9. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

And Voodoo done, it took longer than expected as I had to fix the Painbringer calculations. Feel free to test it out, would love some feedback.

10. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

I will this weekend mate. Thanks.

Tex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.