Feedback Diminishing Returns

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Seren, Jul 6, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lude1962

lude1962 Forum Commissioner

Cynic in me says its driven by the Chinese paymasters (limit game time) so it can be launched in China.
    The fact people buy items to use 24/7, though they can be used, with the diminishing returns system after a set amount of time it becomes pointless playing. So despite paying for an item for full time use, the reality is you're not receiving the full benefit due to the diminishing returns system.

2. -masterjedi-

-masterjedi- Junior Expert

its about time you should have had this in effect during the most recent event

3. .Golden~Eagle.

.Golden~Eagle. Forum Greenhorn

This thing is really dumb about Big Point, why you punish players that play? it doesn't make sence, i will quit the game and i will stop waisting my money on the game till Big Point remove this thing.
    Long life to the Golden King.

4. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Some info about this feature that I have gathered from other threads; the first hour gives 10% bonus, after 8 hrs play you start getting reduced returns, after 1 hr of not playing the reduction starts to go the other way, you need to be off for as long as you were on to get back to the start with the 10% bonus.

I'm not sure how much of this info is actually correct as none of it is in the FAQ.

If we assume that this is correct, then I am all for it. 8 hours is long enough that most normal players will be unaffected most of the time. The few times that there is a need to play longer than 8 hours the loss will be more than made up for all the times with the bonus. And the real gain is that this should reduce the amount of Bots in the game so that normal players will have a chance to get ahead again in both availability of desired NCPs and in the rankings.

Time will tell, but for now I'm optimistic that this is a net benefit for normal players and a big disincentive to the bots.

babenewport and TEX~BULL like this.
  5. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

It is designed to make botting unproductive.

Tex

babenewport likes this.
  6. kyloe

kyloe Forum Master

I agree 100%, if you are able to play the game for 10 hours plus each and everyday you already have a huge advantage over many many players.
    I personally feel that the only players, aside from the VERY FEW players that do legit play for 10 hours a day, will be the botters that are affected.

Bawdyn and TEX~BULL like this.
  7. kyloe

kyloe Forum Master

I feel like the players that leave because of this change are better off gone!!!

8. agree with you m8, and iam agree with this new system. absolutely

9. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

Lets be real, if you're impacted by this you could probably do with spending less time online anyway :p

Bawdyn, kyloe and TEX~BULL like this.
  10. timarpaul1

timarpaul1 Forum Pro

hmmmmm
    soo BP confirms that are bots
    Ban them
    dont limit rewards

Last edited by moderator: Jan 30, 2019
    Loki1621 likes this.
  11. lude1962

they cant detect bots nor will they pay for 3rd party anti bot system, and why should they,
    players have to buy resources to keep up with bots, real money spent BP win
    bots dont spend money on resources they buy cannon packages with money saved, BP win

Loki1621 likes this.
  12. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

There will always be bots/hackers regardless of which game you talk about, this is not a seafight exclusive problem. There's always someone out there who can/will outsmart a detection systems so the smart way to combat them is to take away the reason they bot. What they've done here I believe is very smart, they've taken away the bot's main advantage: being able to play much longer hours than any human player.

13. lude1962

No, the problem is bots hoovering up all the shinys, sinking all the event ships and ships that payout pearls, making the game hard to play.
    The bot writer will find it easy to add some more code to add auto logout/login to maximise playing time.
    A third party system will read the bots code running on the pc and ban the user.
    The bot writer doesnt hide on the dark web, he freely advertises, BP have a copy so any changes can be mirrored in the bot detection program.
    But why wont BP implement this system?

14. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

The system in which you describe is much harder/more expensive to implement than you make it out to be. If there was a magical program that eliminated all bots and cost nothing I'm sure they'd be using it but unfortunately we live in the real world where such a thing does not exist.

15. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

As many have stated, detecting/removing bots is not a simple just write a program solution. Yes the actual programs may be readily available for them to acquire, but writing a program that will target just the bots and honest players is the challenge. Also, every so often the bot writers will tweak their programs so that anything used on them will no longer work. As I have stated before, it is a game of "catch up" . There is no way to get ahead chats as there is no way what they will do next. It would be a waste of resources to try and predict what they will do next. Botting is not solely a Seafight issue. I play many games, and you will find them everywhere. From FPS to mmorpg. If there is a way to cheat , some twisted freeloader is going to find a way to profit from it.

Tex

Bawdyn likes this.
  16. After lets say 8 hours you start to hit -10% then you should have to be off 8 hours to return to normal state and hope it want re-set after logging off for an hour. Also if after reaching -100% it should start by removing stuff gained period like elp/ep! Another thing it should go onto all parts of the game like picking up chest 24/7 or harping the diminishing returns needs to be applied to every part of game Period!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  17. GØĐ•Øƒ•ŴДŘ

GØĐ•Øƒ•ŴДŘ Forum Apprentice

its not going to stop botting, its not a significant loss.
    i think there could have been better measures to adjust this though. alot of players spend 8 to 12 hours on this game each day, to take away from the time is ridiculous
    i play many games and never i have been reward reducted "deminished" for the time ive played. this update is by far the most dumbest.
    find it rather funny though.
    P.s im sure if this gets enough negative feed back BP will remove the update. just saying.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  18. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

There are no plans to remove this.

Tex

19. Dark♥Angel

Dark♥Angel Forum Apprentice

Diminishing Returns this is a joke I was going to spend over $200 on the game this week and more in the future but after seeing this I will never spend another dime on this game thanks a lot for making me save my money and I hope whoever thanks this a good idea hurts their pockets big time because I'm sure i'm not the only one that will stop spending money on this game after this update good job seafight employees

citrusblast likes this.
  20. love the idea keep up the gd work devs lol ;)

maybe tweek it so it accumulates to - abit quicker so players are -100% in couple hours these addicted players need help to get of these games and seek getting some fresh air and stretch there legs :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.