Discord

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Seren, Jan 23, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

Discord

Ahoy Pirates,

Please use this thread to leave your thoughts and comments (feedback) on the new communications idea, in this discussion thread. Please remember to leave your user id and name, so this can be reviewed.

Remember to stay within forum rules or you may find your forum privileges removed.

Your Seafight Team

MAMMOTH^JACK likes this.
  2. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Well I for one am really glad that Seafight is using Discord.

It is a more informal approach which helps players feel more in contact with the team, which I hope they shall be. Even if it allows bugs to be reported that bit quicker, e.g. server restart needed on Mega America :p

Apart from the Team, I also think its a great way for the Seafight Community to talk, across all servers and all languages.

+1 for this BP.

-Arky

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    4x4x4 and MAMMOTH^JACK like this.
  3. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

TBH - I don't have any experience of the above proposed Discord system, but I shall endeavour to look further into it.

One major consideration is that very soon the feelings of, 'Discord' may mean a small nucleus of 'diehards' are left playing this game talking to themselves, if no urgent responsible action is taken to prevent the ridiculous Island cheat.

EVAGRIUS*PONTICUS, 4x4x4 and A-R-K-Y like this.
  4. =308Marksman=

=308Marksman= Regular

I know nothing of Discord, Nor do I plan on using it.

I hope that this isnt a way of deadheading the Forums.

5. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

Never heard of it. Don't know if ai'd use it because we should have instant contact with the team over there from the beginning.

6. HundredPercentPain

HundredPercentPain Forum Apprentice

Looks pretty good. Might have a future. Discord is a really simple way to communicate. I've played lots of other games and Discord is by far the easiest to use. Also pretty good way to communicate with the team as @A-R-K-Y mentioned.

7. Sea~Stream

Sea~Stream Active Author

You need more than discord to communicate,How about dignity and panache, Sea Fight staff have shown none . To try and talk about communication "What communication" this forums crying out trying to communicate with whoever runs this shamble's of a company.

Stop the sales and fix the problems then have a long hard look at your staff and development team.

DISCORD pfft that's one word !!

Sea~Stream (disgruntled customer)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    Grand-mariner™ likes this.
  8. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

While i do understand your comments, on Discord you can talk to any member of the seafight team (not just the community managers), so while you are all wanting more communication on the forum - which we have asked for, for years and not got, Discord is giving us this communication. Instead of 'sticking to your guns' and not using discord, I would much rather you used Discord, and told the SF Team exactly what you think about each and every issue you have, each update they bring out, even the good things.

Whats the saying? Dont cut off your nose to spite your face?

-Arky

9. CrYiNgDeS

CrYiNgDeS Forum Greenhorn

we have no need for this discord we have global chat and our own ts`s thanks but no thanks ,the only thing we need is a software ran chat :D

10. -masterjedi-

-masterjedi- Junior Expert

again arky a useless add on. whats the point of speaking directly to game admins,mods,etc?Do they have the power to make changes to stop the cheating?whats the end game for using this?lol i imagine any new customer who read the forums would not be interested in playing.sounds like damage control or an effort to keep game issues private.

*Wonder* likes this.
  11. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

I would agree having a bot which helps maintain chat would be beneficial, and could not harm anything. However, I still think some human moderation would be needed as people always find ways around the programs..
    Its not just admins and mods you speak to mate, its the game developers and paid bigpoint employees. They are the ones who make the game, giving you their feedback directly can only help right? I myself have talked to a few of them, and they made changes on the beta server I suggested within a few hours. I have reported a couple of bugs to them which have been fixed. They are able to give you insight into updates coming and you can give them initial feedback before it goes live. Although they will not deal with support issues on Discord, there are many other things which having direct contact with them is beneficial, and I for one, am really glad they are trying out this program.

This is just my opinion though,

-Arky

12. Cadavers-Cradle

Cadavers-Cradle Someday Author

do we have to pay for it ? because if so, you can forget it . i can't afford it !

13. Ɗяєɗɗєɗ

Ɗяєɗɗєɗ Padavan

I will be completely honest with you. The reason why we use TS in appose to chat is because we can say what we want when we want without being constantly moderated.

I wont be using this but good luck! :)

14. 4x4x4

4x4x4 Regular

First of all, this seems to be just a continuation of the other thread that was closed (no cost to use it).

BP needs the feedback from all its players, (u cant fix a car if u dont know whats wrong with it,whats its doing or not doing). I hope this thread gets more attention (feedback) on a somewhat daily bases the the other one did. The more coments BP gets on where it happened and how often it happens gives them an idea of how wide spread it is, we just need feedback on whats being done, and/or what has been done to fix the problem(s). We would like to hear back on the "fixes" on a regular bases, if not daily, so we can give our feedback if it is working or not. Please respond in a timely matter on this...
    us1
    4x4x4
    User ID:
    40/2666430

15. =308Marksman=

=308Marksman= Regular

Correct me if I am wrong here.I was and still am under the impression that the purpose of having a "Forum" was for us as customers to have a place to inform the Sea Fight Team what is not working and what does work as well as a place for the Sea Fight Team to inform us as customers whats been corrected.

All the option of using Discord does is to remove Forum Mods and the Support Team from what I feel is an important part of the equation and I would hope that no ones paycheck in the Sea Fight Team is on the line as I feel ( canned responses aside ) that they do add a human aspect to the process.

Yes Discord may put us directly in touch some of the employees, But I dont think that its really gonna change a whole lot.
    We are still gonna get the same old canned responses just with a new fancy label.

By offering us this different line of communication,it is a confirmation of sorts that the paid employees are not reading our complaints in the forum like we were and have been told that they do.
    It also confirms in a way of sorts that little to nothing is or will be done about the complaints/game problems that have been goin on for years !!!

*Wonder* likes this.
  16. 4x4x4

4x4x4 Regular

By offering us this different line of communication,it is a confirmation of sorts that the paid employees are not reading our complaints in the forum like we were and have been told that they do.
    It also confirms in a way of sorts that little to nothing is or will be done about the complaints/game problems that have been goin on for years !!! (quote)

Not to extend this thread longer the needed, I wont quote all u said marksman, but I agree with u 200%. the only responce we have got in the other thread was from a person whom cant help us with the problems, only relay them, why they have to do that is beyond me since the higher ups are suppost to be reading these complains. The only one I can see from anyone that can really do anything about it closed the thread,
    (Thanks for all of your feedback, Pirates. The Community Managers are now considering all comments and this thread will now be closed.

All the best

Wiley

Your Seafight Community Team).

I dont expect anything coming out different from this thread as from last thread. Please BP.
    Prove me wrong.
    us1
    4x4x4
    User ID:
    40/2666430​
    Pirate since:
    2007-08-03 15:20:44

USB~Greybeard likes this.
  17. -masterjedi-

-masterjedi- Junior Expert

arky i will not dispute your personal contributions when it comes to game performance and constructive advice for general game play.but this new system will not stop the cheating. what good is improved game play if there is still widespread cheating? maybe i am missing something but talking with game employees and telling them what has be written down in the forums for years does not seem like forward progress to me.

18. Ɗяєɗɗєɗ

Ɗяєɗɗєɗ Padavan

Spot on.

If bigpoint employees cannot be bothered to read what's going on by checking the forums then i cannot be bothered to verify my email to use this chat. :)

19. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

It is free.
    This thread is about a program called Discord which is a combination of a chatroom and teamspeak, which the Seafight Team is also using so you can speak to them.
    Oh believe me, I have no disillusions that using Discord will stop the cheaters. But, there are other things in the game which need to be addressed, and not every member on the seafight team will be working on the cheat detection. I am a big fan of continuing to give my thoughts, feedback, etc to the state of the game.

-Arky

20. lude1962

lude1962 Forum Commissioner

CBA to create another username/PW, put a direct link from users seafight homepage utilising authenticated seafight login

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.