During Battle My Boat sails off and shoots something else?

Discussion in 'Help' started by Planters_Peanut, Sep 21, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Planters_Peanut

Planters_Peanut Junior Expert

I was in battle several times today and all the sudden my boat sails off in a different direction and sometimes shoots another object. What is going on? Is this a new feature the developers dreamed up to further frustrate the heck out of players to accelerate the death of this game? Why not just have the boats shoot themselves?

What is this new game killing feature?

This game used to be so straight forward and now it is just a mind boggling mess that is totally out of control with bots everywhere or cheaters who built up their boats by botting them to the max.

UnderTheHat likes this.
  2. Mac

Mac Forum Mogul

What were you shooting at the times this happened?

If it were Ladon / Typhon or another player who was returning fire using Heartbreaker ammo then it is likely that this is down to the Heartbreaker ammo effect.

Heartbreaker ammo has a chance to cause an `infatuation buff` which results in your ship sailing off uncontrollably for a short period of time ( 10 secs i think ). During this period you should see a red coloured swirl over your ship. This can also be caused if you sail into a zone created by the Ladon. It may also be possible to be affected by this by a Typhon, not sure.

You either have to wait for the effect to wear off or you can stop the effect by using an Unstoppable or a Blood Of The Inca.

If this is whats happening it is not a new feature, it has been around for a while.

Hope this helps

Mac

3. .Kenze.

.Kenze. Old Hand

Heart breaker dosent make your ship shoot other object. ! ;)
    Explain that. :)
    Ship cant shoot when hit by heartbreaker. ;)

4. UnderTheHat

UnderTheHat Forum Apprentice

Thanks for asking that. It's something I would like to be answered myself. Especially because it not happens all time but just with some players do and others don't. :D

5. Planters_Peanut

Mac, The first time I was shooting Burning Ice pammo and going for the kill and must have been hit as you pointed out now with Hearbreaker pammo but not only was my boat sailing off but my fire was re-directed to a NPC. I did nothing to initiate that and ended up getting sunk by the one I was going to sink.

I'll try the counter measures. Still this game used to be so fairly straight forward. Now it is a mind boggling mess being far complicated than it should be in the race to squeeze any remaining profits out of a dying game totally infested with bots.

6. Planters_Peanut

Once it happened last night. A new exploit being used in combo with Heartbreaker? Who knows? I remember when these exploiters were shooting at us while under light and collecting shinies years ago. If there is a way they will be sure to try. The other times you are correct my cannons stopped firing and I was off sailing in a different direction.

7. Planters_Peanut

btw! Those same exploiters I mentioned years ago are still playing the game with much bigger boats now. lol Never perma banned by Bigpoint.

8. Mac

Mac Forum Mogul

No reasonable explanation for shooting the npc bit . Wouldnt be surprised if yet another bug / cheat

9. I will forward this. Next time, can you take a screenshot? Get a picture of the boat you were fighting, if you can. Send that in.

Being under an infatuation debuff would not cause your boat to shoot at anything, as mentioned above.

Do you happen to remember what ammo it looked like that you were shot with? This may be tied directly with an exploit. Can you let me know so I can forward that, as well?

10. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Hi mate,

Hopefully by now you have a better understanding of what happened, although I wanted to address the bug/exploit section. I don't think it would be a bug because all bugs that have been related to fighting have always been client-side. By this I mean the bugs effect just the buggers account, and the information they would edit to bug features of fighting is all based on their own ship. Its a little hard to explain so hopefully a couple of examples will offer some more clarity.

Eg 1 - Seeing Underlight - So, about 3-4 years ago there was a bug where players would be able to see other players who are underlight. How? Well, as you areaware when you are underlight, you cannot be seen by other players. This is because for other players it would change the in-game picture (.swf file) from the picture of your design to a transparent box. Players could use bugs to change the look of that invisible box to something they wanted, hence why all underlight players would look the same. Check out one of Urteil's videos. He is an old UK player that left the game, his YouTube channel us cyculek619. I believe you will see some players in there wearing ghost designs you see in scrolls. This means they are underlight and that is just the icon they chose to replace the invisibility. Since the lights were updated to how they are now, the majority was made server-side and therefore unable to be bugged.

Example 2 - Range Bug - 6 years ago there was a bug where players had ridiculous range, shooting you from further away than you could see. This is because the "Light Up" feature where the attack button lights up in range, and the total view distance of your ship, could be edited in a similar way to the example above. By changing some figures players could effectively have infinite range and view distance.

Note that all of these effects are caused by features that only the player controlling the ship could see. Changing the effects of an ammunition would not be possible because they are coded server side and they are a physical item, standard across the board to every player, whereas player-specific statistics such as range were buggable.

I hope this helps,

~Des

11. Thank, Des, for your contribution regarding the matter.

As mentioned, this has been forwarded to be looked at.

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.