Event

Discussion in 'Help' started by DeathWasHere, Jun 16, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeathWasHere

DeathWasHere Active Author

Ayee pirates !!!
    Need some pro tips on how to play in this event... I mean I already saw the payout off the Corsais and Marauders ain't that good, so what should I do to get pearls? And what's the payout from the big npcs?
    Thanks in advance

2. *KRUCHY*

*KRUCHY* Forum Duke

Hey ,

try to get a team of 5 and do group maps , big ships are fine when you are a strong ship . If you are a smaller player stick to wrecks for now.

3. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Hi Death,

I haven't played the event much myself but I was on TeamSpeak with the guild while they were figuring it out. What you need to do first is choose a team. You can do this just by shooting the NPCs from one side, and you will soon get Reputation from them. There are 2 teams on the event, Regent's Fleet and Dalton Armada, which are assigned Blue and Orange team colours.

Blue Team - Regents Fleet
    Small NPC - Monarch's Marauder
    Admiral 1 - Regent's Revenge
    Admiral 2 - Roger Flynt
    Quest Giver - Mortimer Grey (Located in Safe Havens from 5/1, 12/2 and 27/2)

Orange Team - Dalton Armada
    Small NPC - Dauntless Corsair
    Admiral 1 - Bloody Buccaneer
    Admiral 2 - Walter Buckingham
    Quest Giver - Jane Dalton (Located in Safe Havens from 2/1, 7/4 and 17/1)

Both teams give the same rewards, except if you are on the Blue Team (Shooting Orange NPCs) you will receive Solon's Coins from NPCs and Chests, whereas if you are on the Orange Team and shooting the Blue NPCs then you will get Plato Coins. Check the black market to see which items you want to prioritise and choose your team based on that.

The small NPCs will give you Skull Ammunition (around 1k) and EP, the relavent coin for the team, and also have also a small chance to drop 10k pearls. You will also gain reputation points (1 per NPC) and when you hit certain milestones of reputation the rewards you get will start to increase. When you reach 100 Reputation you will be receiving 15k pearls rather than 10k, but we are unsure as to what the next milestone is.

I have not shot either of the Admirals but I am aware that they give you pearls, EP and other rewards that are stated in the Event FAQs.

Event chests are very very good. I frequently get 9 Legba Amulets / Tritons Benevolence, 9 Pumpkin Power, 14 Swift Stones and other similar items, but I think they are definitely worth the pearls. Shipwrecks I haven't shot but some guild members say they are very good. You get Windstorms, Hailstorms, Ammo (4k or so) and Crystals that I am aware of but apart from the Ammo I'm not too sure how much you get.

From what I understand, the event is very good for items but not too great for pearls. Most players seem to be using their profit to buy keys for chests. Once you have chosen a team, shoot the small NPCs and collect chests and then shoot the admirals for your team when they spawn. If you want to change your skills to harpoons and shoot shipwrecks too then that's great as it will keep your ammo topped up, although from shooting over 300 small NPCs and no admirals I did manage to only drop down 50k Skull Ammo (I did 300 chests too). I cannot confirm if the admirals on your own team will give you pearls if you shoot them but I hope somebody else can confirm that.

As for the group maps I am afraid I really have no experience in it at all as I have not done one, however guildmates are saying the pearls are good.

Lastly, do the quest line for your team, they can give you some decent rewards. Do make sure you go to the correct Quest Giver. Many people get confused on events like this as if you are shooting the orange NPCs it is natural to go to the orange Quest Giver (Jane Dalton) but you would be on the Blue Team and so it will be Mortimer Grey that is giving you the quests.

I hope this helps,

~Des

4. -redak-

-redak- Active Author

Admirals on your own team do not reward pearls, if you shoot them, although I did get a design :)

5. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Thanks Redak :)

6. DeathWasHere

DeathWasHere Active Author

How much can you get from an admiral? Buccaner in my case?

7. LeaKed

LeaKed Forum Apprentice

20k pearls shooting it from start to finish but having to rep in between. I'm hitting 260k on it btw. I'd say it's a poor return.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.