extension question

Discussion in 'Help' started by bodean, May 27, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodean

bodean Forum Pro

just a quick question, i have 93 steel beams right now and i was wondering if i should get the small package of ribs(2) or continue to get more steel beams when i can? i take alot of damage from the NPC's that i shoot for quests. i don't PVP at the moment. also,would the small pack of storm lanterns be useful to my little tug boat? thank you in advance! i have read the index on extensions, but i am too old to do math-lol.

2. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

We as mods cannot tell you how to set up your ship because there is no "right" answer. I can tell you what I have found recently in redoing my ship. I had a couple of ribs lvl 2, 4 storm lanterns lvl 3, and various en scrolled stanchions and hardwood beams and everyone was hitting harder and taking less damage than I was. After really reading the SF Bible posts concerning extensions I found that they will work against each other. So I decided to remove everything and start over. I placed a couple of ribs lvl 2 and hardwood beams on my ship and now I have over 50% damage reduction from incoming hits and I am hitting a little harder every volley I fire. I decided to go with the damage reduction so I could hit event ships longer and hit more npcs between rep times. Again that is an individual players decision.

Tex

*KRUCHY* likes this.
  3. bodean

bodean Forum Pro

thanx TEX. i thought you weren't supposed to use ribs and beams at the same time. i must be missing something, but i realize you can't tell people how to set up their boats, but your answer is much appreciated. can you leave this open a while longer for maybe some more replies? ty

4. *KRUCHY*

*KRUCHY* Forum Duke

Hey @bodean ,

first of how many EQ slots you have?

Let me try to explain how it works so... all expansion items ( expect beams or voodoo beams ) have 2 different values, one of em is Avarage and the other one is Stable. What does that mean you may ask ? Stable means that bonus add to one another ( like 1+1=2) , avarage - hmm do i have to explain this one ? ^^

Lvl 1 Ribs will provide you with :

HP + 15 000 ( stable - no matter how many items you put in it remain the same)
    VP + 15 000 ( stable - no matter how many items you put in it remain the same )
    Damage Prevention +12% ( avarage - the more items of diff kind/lvl you put then lower will be your outcome )

Each rib takes 25 EQ slots with may lower your HP base ( cos you are using beams right now ) but it will boost your VP and Dmg Prev. with is very helpful while shoting npcs or fighting :)

I personally run my ship with 10 ribs mixed lvl 3 and 4 and I think you should get some too.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    The*Defiant likes this.
  5. bodean

bodean Forum Pro

i currently have 111 extension slots and can get another 117 with pearls. i got 2 ribs and with them my damage prevention is a lot higher. now do i want to combine them with beams or not or get 2 more ribs, since that's all i am able to do right now? i am starting to understand now.

6. *KRUCHY*

*KRUCHY* Forum Duke

Hey @bodean ,

do not mix your ribs wih anyting otherwise you lose on damage prevention, keep that 2 ( or 4 if you just bought more ) and thats it.

You can always set up another preset with same cannons etc. but beams instead of ribs ;-)

7. bodean

bodean Forum Pro

ok thanx to both you and TEX. it was a big help once again. this thread can be closed now. op is happy with answers-lol. thanx again!

*KRUCHY* likes this.
  8. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

Per the OP's request:

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.