Flash Player Demise

Discussion in 'Help' started by kittystomper2, Aug 23, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kittystomper2

kittystomper2 Forum Expert

In 2017 notice was provided that Flash Player is coming to an end due to open web technology. In late 2018 Chrome sites started asking your permission to run Flash. Chrome will continue phasing out Flash over the next few years, first by asking for your permission to run Flash in more situations, and eventually disabling it by default. We will remove Flash completely from Chrome toward the end of 2020.
    This game relies heavily on Flash Player and I would think the "developers" have a mitigation strategy by now as flash is already somewhat of an issue.

Where many players have invested time and money in the game, I'd like to know what the detailed plan is to ensure the game remains functional without the use of Flash Player?

Thank you in Advance

KittyStomper2

2. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

The Flash issue was addressed when BP came out with the Client. It will take up the slack when Chrome stops although we have also provided a solution for Chrome and Flash here:

Google Chrome Browser: Flash Player Disabled by Default

I hope this has answered your question.

Tex

3. kittystomper2

kittystomper2 Forum Expert

Thanks Tex-Bull - well sorta, I already adjusted my settings so flash is allowed but I'm wondering about long term strategy. It won't be long before flash player is not available. Not sure the Client really addresses it or I wouldn't have issues loading the seachart and get messages that Flash is needed. Hopefully, a permanent fix will be provided....

Thanks and hope you've been keeping well Tex....

Kittystomper2

4. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

This thread shall now be Closed.

~Closed~

Tex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.