Forum Boycott.

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by USS_Defender(CAG-01), May 8, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USS_Defender(CAG-01)

USS_Defender(CAG-01) Exceptional Talent

So it seems that after several months of boycotting this Forum and returning for a brief period, a very brief period, I make an inquiry and it is as usual deleted. So in keeping with the Forum tradition, and fully anticipating a deletion, the question is. If the US Chat is non-functional and group Chat, which is not necessarily US Chat is also non-functional, what is US Chat? I believe I play on GA2 which is part of the Mega Server. And since it is well known that you people are proponents of Team Speak, the question also arises as to if Teamspeak is functional on the nonfunctional US Chat platform. If so what is the BP recommended purchasable Teamspeak, Third party add- on, that is functional when non-verbal Chat is not? The usual Link would be appreciated. It would improve game play if we could communicate with players that are not on US Chat. With that said and knowing full well what will happen, I will return to my boycott of this Junkyard called Forum.

Mr.FaCtS likes this.
  2. Bp does not own teamspeak or endorse it, TeamSpeak Systems GmbH is the owners of the teamspeak system and it is the players that prefer to use it for its voice and nonverbal chat.

Non functionality of the in game chat has nothing to do with teamspeak oncesoever and if you wish to join a server with players not in the in game chat. You have to get the relevant teamspeak information from the players who buy their own servers for their guild and alliances

3. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Oh Defender, how we have missed you so.

US Chat is a term used to describe the Global Chat rooms on the American Servers. Note that there are multiple 'US Chats', one for each language you play available on that server. You playing the English version of the game, use the US English Chat.

Currently the SF Team are having issues with the 'US Chats', and they are working to correct them - hopefully today.

As 乂Cℓιcк-Cℓιcк⁼Bσσм† correctly states, TeamSpeak has no affiliation with Bigpoint or Seafight. That is a program, not controlled or endorsed by Bigpoint which players on multiple servers and multiple games (not just games developed by BigPoint) choose to use to communicate rather than using the Chat system provided* in game. Due to this being widely used, TeamSpeak information is allowed to be shared among players with the understanding that what is discussed or typed on TeamSpeak is not and can not be monitored by BigPoint and does not represent the values or views of BigPoint. Just to be clear, there is no third party addon provided which allows TeamSpeak to communicate with the game or Bigpoints servers in any way.

* - When the chat box is functioning as designed.

With that said, I shall state that Seafight has an 'Official Discord Server' which you can find the information for by searching the Official Announcements. This Discord server is maintained by the SF Team, Supporters, Admins and Moderators from the Seafight Community. The Discord Server allows you to connect and type to players who play on any Seafight Server, and any Language.

Enjoy your 'boycott'.

-Arky

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    Lil`Wolf likes this.
  4. Has this answered your query?

5. As there has been no response

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.