Forum Games

Discussion in 'Official Forum Games' started by Seren, Mar 5, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

Forum Games

Ahoy pirates,

Please let us know your feedback and suggestions about the forum games.

Please be sure to follow all forum rules and off topic comments as well as complaints will be removed.

Your Seafight Team

when-beta-open123 likes this.
  2. Seren

We realise that in many games players will copy the answers of other players - Hey! that's the way it goes. When there are a multiple prizes, all valid and correct entries will be collected and winners will be drawn at random, 'out of a hat' - this is the fairest way.

This was game was made for players to enjoy, and to see if they could work out the puzzle. For those of them that just wanted to copy and paste answers then unfortunately that is a shame but it will happen.

3. AzaZeL

AzaZeL Junior Expert

I've made the first post at the mothers day game,everybody copied it,and my post has also been deleted,I want to know why? This is very very very unfair. I've spend 30min for nothing.

USS_Defender(CAG-01) likes this.
  4. Seren

All posts are deleted as soon as possible, so that it gives others to actually take part in the game and not just copy and paste.

If you check it does say about copying in the rules and it does not matter if you were first or last to post all winners will be put together and names drawn at random.

5. G-dude

G-dude Regular

If one person posts and has every answer correct then it should not be assumed that the subsequent posts are simply copies.

As for the Forum games, why not create a 'Private' section in the forum similar to the Chat Section. This would allow everyone to participate in the game by posting their answers in a new thread without it being seen by other players.

USS_Defender(CAG-01) likes this.
  6. Seren

This has been suggested however this does not work with certain games. We are considering making the section Moderated, this means all posts have to be approved before they are seen by others. This could mean that once the game has come to the end time, all posts will then be approved and others would then see, what other players have place. We are waiting to hear if this would be a workable feature.

7. _Unknown_

_Unknown_ Someday Author

Tad bit confused about this mother's day game. Do I need to write the seafight bible page I find the image on or do I need to be specific as to what that specific item is? Because it seems to be difficult to specify what gem it may be in one of the images.

8. Seren

You need to name the items that the part of the picture has been taken. For Example : Booty Bag

9. Seren

The latest forum game "All Mixed Up" is now closed, winners chosen and prizes issued.

What do you think of this type of game? Do you feel random winners are fair? Did you like seeing the results being drawn?

Any ideas on the next game?

10. _RATTY_.

_RATTY_. Exceptional Talent

yep i enjoy the game .. is gd to give some of us the possibility to win something from time to time ... would have been nice to have more winners tho .. hehehe .. keep up the gd work

11. Dragon_

Dragon_ Forum Greenhorn

When I have seen about that " random " rule, I thought the ones who gave the first right answers done it( copy paste... ) , because first I wasnt able to see.

But after you made it public and I seen it, I dont find it fair at all , look at #1 #2 and #3's times , and style of typing it , does it look like they copy and paste it ?

I didnt like and didnt find it fair at all.

You should of found much better way for fix it ( when its nothing to fix , its very certain who won it , #1 #2 #3 )

Have a nice day...

12. KAHNVICT

KAHNVICT Forum Mogul

the game was not too bad could but have been a little harder...
    random winner are great...
    LOVED seeing the results "drawn"...

(even though I did not win) :(

13. michaelwells

michaelwells Forum Ambassador

Hey, Seren. Really enjoyed the game.

I don't think submissions should be posted/seen. This allows for other players to copy and submit the same answers. Submissions should be emailed to a separate address.

I think the random winner drawing method from the correct submissions should be changed. All correct submissions should receive a reward.

At the end of the contest, the correct answers should be posted under a thread in the forum. A list of the winners forum names should be posted, as well, without server id and boat names, etc., being posted.

The frequency of the forum games should increased, and coincide with the national holidays of sea Fight's participating countries. (Not to exceed 1 contest per month; "round robined" over time, so each country gets to have a game). Gauge the game difficulty so that people from all countries can still participate, without having to have background knowledge of that country's history, mores, or topography.

Next forum game should occur on St. Patricks Day. Make it 1 week - 10 days long. Create an Irish themed Event, and tie it to a forum game. The answers to the game would be found within the "specifics" of the Event.

14. USS_Defender(CAG-01)

USS_Defender(CAG-01) Exceptional Talent

Okay. Who won, and what did they win, and how many times have they won before? Like is it in the Forum Event announcements or is it in some risky link ? Why not let all know?

15. G-dude

G-dude Regular

Go to the Thread where the forum game took place. You can see the results on the 4th page.

16. Seren

All can see, the reward this is on the opening page of the the forum game, the winners list is on the last closing post. As to how many times have they won before, you would have to review all forum games to find this out. This would not matter as each game is won on its own merit and not whether a player had won a forum game before.

17. justdie

justdie Advanced

lol i just mad

Last edited by moderator: Apr 11, 2017
  18. piggymalone

piggymalone Forum Greenhorn

Crikey, been a while since i here......what ever happened to the A-B-C game???? :)

19. blindluck

blindluck Forum Pro

Been playing 3 years and no very little about games held in that time,
    So perhaps they are not advertised or promoted enough,
    Id play them,or at least try,love a challenge.

20. blindluck

blindluck Forum Pro

im curious Defefender.
    have u every had thing positive to say regarding seafight,a game you play so much,
    If you dont like the games ,,Dont play them,,simple as that.

Last edited by moderator: Apr 11, 2017