Gems

Discussion in 'Help' started by DeathWasHere, Oct 28, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeathWasHere

DeathWasHere Active Author

Ayeee pirates !!!
    I just changed my pet gem from 5% to 15% hit probability, yet my shot didn't increase on dmg... How is that possible?

2. -Dragonsabre-

-Dragonsabre- Someday Author

probably your hit probability already beyond 100%. You go to check your hit probability % and minus 10% see whether the % is near to 100% or beyond 100%.
    Hit probability max is 100%, beyond 100% would not affect the damages.

3. DeathWasHere

Ohhh I see, so even the polished muzzle is worthless... I've 135% hit prob right now
    Well, thanks a lot :)

4. hejssa5

hejssa5 Forum Apprentice

i will affect it if its above 100 %, if the enemy ship has dodge chance it negates the dodge chance.

5. Eternal-Servant

Eternal-Servant Forum Apprentice

if u have it lvl 8 on castle u dont need gem for hit probalilty u made it 100% only with castle,

6. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Forum Apprentice

So if hit probability has no affect in gems would it be better to have critical damage for ship, and damage prevention and dodge chance for pet?

7. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Hit probability counteracts your targets dodge chance.

Although having over 100% Hit Probability does not effect your damage, remember that your targets dodge chance lowers this.

For instance, Players, have a lot of dodge chance, in fact can be as much as about 60%. If you only had 100% Hit probability, this would be lowered to 40% when you take into account your targets dodge chance, meaning you are only doing 40% of your damage.

Also remember, that NPCs in the Commonwealth Maps, and most event NPCs have dodge chance as well.

So for these two reasons, this is why you see players, myself included with over 150% Hit Probability.

-Arky

8. DeathWasHere

Thanks a lot ARKY, always here to illuminate us :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.