Good Bye Seafight/Bigpoint!

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Planters_Peanut, Mar 2, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Planters_Peanut

Planters_Peanut Junior Expert

I'll be joining my guildmates and other players who recently walked away from this game. I have numerous time sensitive buffs and boosters in effect and have come to the conclusion whatever is left of a so called game dying game is not worth my time. The bot epidemic, downtime of the game, new maps which are condensed, cruised numerous maps and could find 6 shinies and none of them yielded pearls. There are practically no shinies on the map but I suppose Bigpoint could still call it a free game to play. hahaha.

Reading and taking action with what is desired by your customers? Not Bigpoint.

Testing products to make sure proper preparation has been done with quality control before going live? Not Bigpoint.

Far better customer focused companies out there.

2. avenger911

avenger911 Forum Greenhorn

New update sucks. All PVP and no safe zones. no fun getting sunk every 5 minutes and i am not spending money on this game. I QUIT

3. WHATS-HIS-NAME

WHATS-HIS-NAME Forum Apprentice

Right now it's "dead game walking". I want to be around and see it's last gasping breath as someone cuts it's chest open looking for it's heart.(it doesnt have one)

Lil`Wolf likes this.
  4. †Hell†Cat†

†Hell†Cat† Junior Expert

money money money its so funny its freebie world and i guess you know what i mean by that lool, every night i watch the ongoing race to shiney heaven and take my BP from them without a scratch or at least a hollow to make it look like they are actualy at the computer but alas the admin do nothing but spout promises and bump thier gums about up coming bans and thats all they do.
    There is no suprising as they know before hand its going to happen when will they stop this dribble and do some actual work to try save what was a brilliant game? we all know its going to hell and back the maps are rediculous to say the least who ever thought this out was out of his tiny mind,what about new players where can they go to build up thier ships without being chained by BP hungry noobs? no one thought of that lol guess we that remain are daft enough to stay only because we have all spent hard earned money on the game to get where we are by this i mean clean players lmao and there is not many of us around now to make a difference.:mad::mad::mad::(:confused::p

like_2_win, Lil`Wolf, Rabbid and 4 others like this.
  5. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

The new maps are fine for decent boats to high level boats but the problem is the smaller boats. When smaller boats and new players feel they cannot survive anymore that is when the game will die. When medium-high level boats quit nobody will replace them.

Medium - High level boats, some of the new npcs pay good pearls and is better than old npcs. Map order is terrible though.
    Small boats - newer players - Getting chained in 1 maps by titansmashers and one shotted by players when they leave 1/1.

I'm skeptical about this update, easiest way to kill a game off is make sure new players have 0 chance of surviving.

If BP wanted to make money, destroying the main focus of the game - PvP was not the way to do it. Sell LE pets, designs or other premium content, but don't ruin PvP.

Instead they went down the wrong road and just murderd the PvP in this game. PvP is ass, it's not one bit fun PvPing anymore. The PvP in this game use to be epic fun.

PvP 2007-2014 - Players who are more skilled and have the best strategy will win.
    PvP 2015-2018 - Players who buy more P2W cannons will win.

Long story short, PvP Is ass in 2018 and new players / small boats won't survive.

Guess ill go back to farming some bots for BP, cause ya know it's way better to get these battle points than have actual fun PvP.

Bots vs P2W players, gr8 game I r8 8/8.

6. HMS-Courageous

HMS-Courageous Forum Apprentice

Map change debacle was the last straw. Already found a new game to spend money and my free time on. Seafight is history! Outta here!

7. Lady.Wolf

Lady.Wolf Active Author

As many of you may or may not be aware of =308Marksman= is my husband.
    He stopped playin a few months ago,and has been loosely paying attention to the changes
    in the game as of late.

I asked him what his thoughts were and his comment was "The only thing the changes have
    accomplished was, an acceleration to the cliffs edge".

8. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

Plenty more Lemmings will be heading towards that Cliff Edge shortly!

*LiLVIC615*, Lil`Wolf and Lady.Wolf like this.
  9. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

BP needs to do these 2 things.

1) Make PvP fun again, enough of this P2W garbage PVP.

You need to find a better way to make money besides P2W. Sell payment only Special designs, pets, other perks that don't interfere with the PvP in this game. I have no idea why you didn't do this in the first place, going P2W was the death of this game. You could of had 500x more players buying premium, special designs, pets, ammo, and what not.

Like how many players have we lost because you ruined the PvP? Most players are only here now to BOT or PVE.... You have to make PvP good again. You need to balance PvP and I don't know how, but you have too.

2) Ban bots, cheats. 1 Year first offence, permanent second.

Atm this game is a disaster, PvP is just as boring as watching paint dry. And bots, well there is more of them than actual players right now.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  10. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I predicted long ago that this game would be one continuous upward spiral. More hit points, better cannons, better ammo, etc. But I underestimated how far BP would go with that in the name of greed. New players have no chance (zero), and are wise to stop playing Seafight. As for me (almost 9 years), I am grateful that while I did spend a lot of time and money, at least I didn't go all out like some crazy players and get 70 skills, buy everything offered for sale, etc. I'll still play some, but I will greatly limit what I spend. This new update, like virtually all of BP's changes that nobody asked for, is a mess.
    P.S. When I started in July of 2009, there were 13 PvE maps to use to build up your boat. Now? Zero. Does that make any sense?

11. commando#51

commando#51 Forum Greenhorn

man... what a shame for a fun game to play. Constant sinking being a level 1 ship. Really... on the big ships/players have the fun

12. HMS-Valiant

HMS-Valiant Forum Apprentice

Explosive charges are attached to the hull and am scuttling this boat. No longer being played as a sucker in this dying game that is a crying shame. My ship sinks beneath the waves for the final time. Good riddance to Bigpoint and Cheatfight! What a mess!

13. frankthetank1974

frankthetank1974 Board Analyst

every hall of fame ranking is now fake due to cheating look close at gb1`s cough cough !! and the only options are to delete the ranks or leave ...need I say more ... rep rep :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    cheated ranks programs ..numerous ..killed it :oops:

*LiLVIC615*, *Wonder*, Rabbid and 5 others like this.
  14. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

The amount of bots on the water is absolutely absurd.

When a marauder event comes you are not like, yes some great PvP to be had.

It's more like: great a marauder event, more bp and double damage on bots, lovely. Now it will take half the time to sink one and I get a bit of extra BP.

This is where the game is right now, I cannot believe the amount of bots. It's soooooo bad.. They don't even try to hide it anymore, they run straight into islands and bot 24/7...

The PVP is already bad enough because it's so unbalanced. On top of that, everyone is on auto and it's just that much worse.

Only wish you could get a refund, cause i'd be the hell out of here that's for sure.

*LiLVIC615*, Lady.Wolf and Lil`Wolf like this.
  15. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Honestly.

Personally, as I wrote in New Seachart/Maps I don't think they are as bad as it initially looked. Yes, the map layout isn't great and will take some getting used to, but quitting due to that?
    Look at all the positives, better rewards from NPCs, better quest/test rewards. Look at the vouchers we have had in this last week. Let's not be too hasty.

One question I have to all you who are quitting over the map layout, check this thread: Reordering of the World Map
    September the 28th, why wasn't there all this complaining about the layout of the maps (not "we don't want the amount of maps to be lowered") and suggestions wrote in the forum about possible alternatives before now? I only ask this as you are a LOT more likely to get it changed before they've done all the work and implemented it..

-Arky

16. HMS-Indefatigable

HMS-Indefatigable Someday Author

Given that the management and owner have repeatedly demonstrated that they are not a customer focused company and seem to disregard feedback many do not participate in those threads regarding maps or changes to the game. Can't say that I blame them nor walking away from the game for better opportunities out there.

17. =308Marksman=

=308Marksman= Regular

If...(and thats a huge blazing screamin: if ) the changes would have had the intended consequences
    more players would be returning to the game.

Thats not the case now is it?

People either swear by a product or swear at the product.

And I sure been hearing alot of swearing from my wifes corner of the computer room every time
    she logs in.

Shame too cuz she has one of prettiest voices I have ever heard.

18. Graverattack

Graverattack Padavan

since the latest update i could say i quit too, only logged in for the bonus and thats all, soon ill stop doin that too, not worth my time anymore, shame, used to love this game

*LiLVIC615*, Lady.Wolf and Lil`Wolf like this.
  19. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

Well tbh this isn't a game anymore, it's a hobby. You gotta really like the "game" to spend anything over 100$, and some of us have spent thousands over the years.

How many people are going to look at the packages, 99$ US for 48 doomhammer cannons and think that is normal. They would think that it's insanity. They say I can buy a game for PS4, Xbox, PC for that amount. And not to mention, it's not like this game just came out, it's old.

How can you expect to attract new players when 48 cannons costs 99$? You can't.

20. Lil`Wolf

Lil`Wolf Junior Expert

Log in, go out to 1,3 or 4 maps, get sunk by big boats just trying to do quests, sunk,sunk,sunk. They're lying in wait just to sink anyone! Have to pull up map just to get to sh. Map takes too long to load, sunk. Why do the little maps have big boats in it anyway? Range of vision sucks big time! How can a little boat survive? Who created the map? Were they drunk or sumin? It's getting very hard to do anything! Can't even shiney hunt...THERE ARE NONE! But, if you do find one, they sink you!

PS: don't need :level up, use your credit card, sail with a group..don't have one..alliance took every bit of fun outta this game or scam?

*LiLVIC615*, abah2, stargirl5 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.