Guild War Event

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by A-R-K-Y, May 9, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you like this idea? (Please explain why in a post regardless of your answer)

1. Yes - I like this

2. Maybe - With some changes

3. No - I don't like it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Guild War Event

Hey,

So in Seafight we have a lot of PvE Events, and the two PvP Events (Marauders and Death Arena) are not really that good, don't give good rewards, and just are not fun or involve much teamwork at all.

My idea, is to create a simple PvP Event which will give decent rewards, reward everyone who takes part, inspires guild group activities, and is fun.

Guilds are a big part of this game, and I believe that there needs to be more features to encourage the playing together, helping each other, and the forming of strong guilds. I am sure Seafight is thinking of new ways to help make a Guild more useful in the current day game.

I would like it if this event is one where the FAQ is placed in the forum once, where everyone can see it, then the event randomly starts throughout the year (not too far inbetween though, it should be at least once a month). That way the start of the Event is not announced,the end date can of course be seen in the Event Ticker. This shall make it a lot more fair I believe.

Event Timeframe:
    • 3 Days

The idea:
    • A Guild Event Ranking where the total Event Points earned by Sinking Players are added together with everyone else in your Guild to increase your Guild Rank. Higher the Guild Rank the better the rewards!

Details:
    • A Guild Ranking combining the Total Event Points gained throughout the time frame by all members of the guild.
    • The more Event Points gained, the higher the Guilds ranking, the better the reward.
    • All eligible players in a guild will get the same reward based on their guilds ranking position.
    • You can only gain Event Points twice off of each player each day.
    • Event Points shall be calculated as follows:
      • A combination of BP and Level. The points gained from Level and BP are added together.
      • Sinking players who are in a guild at the start of, or during, with the 'Alliance' Guild Relation which allows them not to be shot by Islands on either side (You set their guild Ally, or they set your guild Ally) will give 0 Event Points, similarly to players of your own Guild.
      • Sinking a player the same Level or Higher = 10 points, for each level below yours this shall decrease by 1 point.
      • Battlepoints works the same way as Level, however due to the large progression between BP Ranks in the high levels this shall decrease by 0.5 points per level, rounded down. Sinking a Player with the same BP Rank or Higher = 10 points, each level below shall decrease by 0.5 points rounded down.
      • Only Event Points gained by sinking ships with over 12,000 BP (Rank 8+) shall count towards the Event Ranking.
    • To be eligible to get a reward from the event you need:
      • Be in a Guild.
      • Gained at least 1 Event Point during the event.
      • The player needed to be in the guild at the start of the event, any players joined after the start of event shall get no reward.
    • No guild can be added or removed from the 'Alliance' Guild Relation during the Event.

In order to try keep this fair, I tried to suggest some key points:
    • Combination of BP and Level
      • I suggest a combination of BP and Level because of the unfairness of BP alone or Level alone.
      • High BP Players get very low BP from anyone below their Rank, also low BP Players get a big advantage here.
      • Extra BP can be gained from BP Gems, so that is why you receive points based off of rank and not just being given the amount of BP you earn towards the ranking.
      • Level is decent because it allows High Level players to sink other High Level players and get a good amount of Event Points.
      • The huge Level 15 boats which stay mini raid just for pearls of course will get 10 points from everyone Level 15+. However, as most players shall be wanting to sink players of the same or higher Level, I believe it shall be hard for a Level 15 to find a Level 30 to sink.
      • By using a combination, I believe even a high level high BP player will be able to make a decent amount of Event Points if they are hitting strong, high level boats. Similarly this also means that low level players and low level ranks, if they can sink the higher ranked/leveled boats get the maximum points - rarely going to happen I believe.
    • Only BP Over 12,000 Counts for the BP Event Points.
      • This is to stop the creation of new accounts to push the ranking, and the sinking of small boats even more by Big Players who are not a high BP Rank.
    • Guilds with the 'Alliance Relation' (Islands shall not shoot at them) on either side (You set their guild Ally, or they set your guild Ally) shall give 0 Points.
      • This is fairly obvious that you should not get Event Points from your own Ally's in my opinion.
        • I would like it so that the Guild State is saved at the Announcement of the Event, before it even starts so players do not have time to change this and allow easier pushing.
    • Player needs to be in the guild at the start of the event.
      • This was introduced to stop players from leaving the guild, letting their friends sink them, then joining the guild again to get the reward.
      • This was also introduced as to stop players of 'Alliance Relation' guilds leaving, letting everyone sink them before joining their guild again to get their reward.
    • No guild can be added or removed from the 'Alliance' Guild Relation during the Event.
      • This was done to obviously stop guilds from just setting another guild as enemy or, another friendly relation during the event.

I am aware of the following:
    • Guilds could just not set their Ally as the 'Alliance' Guild Relation.
      • While this is true, that means that they will lose the effect of the Guild Relation, can not share islands during this event. I also hope that more features and benefits shall eventually be added to this Guild Relation, so in the future it shall be something every guild shall want to set on their Allys.

Event Point Calculation Examples:
    • Level
      • You are Level 20, sink a Level 20 (or higher) = 10 points
      • You are Level 20, sink a Level 18 = 8 points
      • You are Level 20, sink a Level 13 = 3 points
      • You are Level 20, sink a Level 10 (or lower) = 0 points
    • BattlePoints
      • You are BP Rank 18, sink a player with BP Rank 18 (or higher) = 10 points.
      • You are BP Rank 18, sink a player with BP Rank 17 or 16 = 9 points.
      • You are BP Rank 18, sink a player with BP Rank 9 or 8 = 5 points.
      • You are BP Rank 18, sink a player with BP Rank 7 (or lower) = 0 points.
    • Level + BattlePoints
      • You are Level 20 and BP Rank 18, sink a player level 13 and BP rank 14 = 3 points + 8 points = 11 points.
      • You are Level 20 and BP Rank 18, sink a player level 15 and BP rank 22 = 5 points + 10 points = 15 points.
      • You are Level 20 and BP Rank 18, sink a player level 30 and BP rank 22 = 10 points + 10 points = 20 points.
      • You are Level 20 and BP Rank 18, sink a player level 2 and BP rank 5 = 0 points + 0 points = 0 points.
      • You are Level 30 and BP Rank 22, sink a player level 26 and BP rank 15 = 6 points + 6 points = 12 points
      • You are Level 30 and BP Rank 22, sink a player level 18 and BP rank 17 = 0 points + 7 points = 7 points
      • You are Level 4 and BP Rank 3, sink a player level 7 and BP rank 8 = 10 points + 10 points = 20 points

Event Rewards:
    This area I have not thought that much about, as it does not matter what is placed here, BP will always evaluate and design their own rewards.
    With that said, I am of a strong belief that each and every guild who gains 1 Event Point or more should get something.
    The winning Guild I believe should get a Unique 'Guild War Badge' which they can equip, this is only on their account until the next Guild War - at which point it is removed and the next Winning Guild gets the Badge.
    I believe that buffs would be a good reward, for example the top 5 guilds could get a Damage Boost; Rank 1 = 5% Cannon Damage, Rank 2 = 4%... Rank 5 = 1%. Along with items. This Buff would change each time there is a new Guild War (Repair Speed, Ship Speed, HP Increase, Discount, etc), and only lasts until the new Guild War starts.

I know that currently there are a lot of bugs in the game, and that Server Lag is a major issue. However, with an Event like this, it will not be an immediate implementation; they would need to have meetings about it, design it, do a lot of setup work, test it, test it more, redesign bits that are not working etc. We will be talking months at least. The issue of the Server Lag is a big issue, however should be fixed long before they start coding something like this if they were to go through with it.

Please leave your comments and suggestions to improve this idea below :)

Thank for reading!
    -Arky

2. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

I love this idea ARKY! In my opinion the point calculation is well balanced, and I like the point that low level players who build up in mini raid will struggle to get rank points as the majority of high level and high BP players that they could get the maximum off, will most likely be in the high maps.

I was going to say that it would be possible for a large guild with no islands to set their actual allies as enemies long-term but then again they will not be able to use those islands of their allies, and also if they were set an enemy as ally to stop that enemy guild getting points then they too would get no points from that enemy, so it seems to balance it well.

I hope this is reviewed and actions made :)

A-R-K-Y likes this.
  3. _RATTY_.

_RATTY_. Exceptional Talent

I love the idea .. Involving all team members smaller and bigger is nice to see ... Like it was long time ago when guild members was helping eachother with lvl tests.. Or making gold for decks and elite items... Wd arky.. I wonder how much time took you to think all this:) lol

BlindBullet and A-R-K-Y like this.
  4. Michelle6

Michelle6 Forum Greenhorn

i hope to see this pvp event in 5-6 mounth

A-R-K-Y likes this.
  5. beatdovne

beatdovne Forum Greenhorn

Hi A-R-K-Y this idea is really good if there is no problem I will translate this to turkish and share at TR forum. This is a great idea everyone should see it

6. battle

battle Someday Author

they will just sink each other and many baby boats as you fine well know ....

7. beatdovne

As you can see if you are level 20 and you sink level 10 or lower a player u will get NOTHING, thats a example but its really good.

A-R-K-Y likes this.
  8. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Thank you for the reply!

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I hope, as I am sure most others hope as well, that Seafight will continue to improve and expand the Alliance Guild Relation, giving guilds more benefits from having others set as an Ally. As this happens, of course that would mean that it would get less and less worth having an Ally Guild set as anything other than an Ally.
    Thanks for your reply Ratty!

Thats what I want in this game again. I want more game play which encourages people to be in guilds and work together with their guild. I think that with the system it is fair, the big large players would have no need to go and sink the small boats as they would get very little if any points from them, and the small boats can sink people around their own strength and get just as many points as a big player sinking people around their strength. Then of course combine that with the whole guild getting the reward as long as you earned 1 point, that truly means that small players would have the opportunity of winning a lot of good items/rewards from the event, helping them build up and have a better time on the game.

I thought of this two days ago, spent a day thinking about it on and off and then wrote it down for you all to read! :)
    Thanks for reading my post and replying!

I also hope that this event get implemented! I hope we get a lot of 'Yes' Votes and likes on this post then we might see it happen! :)
    Hey beatdovne! Thanks for replying and showing such enthusiasm towards this idea.

If you would like to translate this and post it on the Turkish forum then be my guest. I have no problem with you doing that - although it might take you a while :p
    If it shall get more people to see this idea and recommend it to BP, then maybe, just maybe, we shall see it in the game in the future :)
    Hey battle, thanks for the reply.

Believe me, I understand your concern. I also was worried about this when coming up with this idea. I wanted to put forward a fair idea, which would make it undesirable for pushing / try to limit pushing as much as possible. That is why I added a few ideas which are detailed in the OP which I believe will make it so pushing is not abused.

To stop the creation of baby boats:
    • 12,000 BP is needed on a boat in order to earn Any Event Points.
    • Higher Level and BP Rank the Player the less Event Points they will earn from sinking a small new boat. So even if they made a boat and made over 12,000 BP, if the player is level 28 unless the new boat is level 18 he will get 0 points for the Level. Same with the BP.
    To stop Event Point Sharing:
    • You need to be in a Guild at the Start of the event until the End of the Event to get a reward. This stops players leaving sharing their Points and then joining again. It also means that people will want to be in their main guild to get the best reward possible.. They will not want to help other guilds beat theirs so someone else can get a better reward.
    • Your own guild you get 0 points for sinking. As it should be.
    • Your Alliance Diplomatic Relation Guilds you get 0 points for sinking. These relations are saved at the start of the Unannounced Event so these can not be changed during it to get points. You may have some guilds who will not set their Ally as an Alliance Relation, that can not be helped, but hopefully Bigpoint has plans to improve the Alliance Relation even more so they be disadvantaged even more by not setting them as an Ally (of course currently that only means they could not share their islands).
    • You can not change the Alliance Diplomatic Relation during the Event. That is to stop guilds setting a Guild to Red to get points then change it back.

I know we do not always get along battle, very very rarely in fact. However, I do also worry about your concern. That is why I tried to incorporate some ideas which would stop that, or at least limit it to a much smaller effect.

I also hope that the Rewards shall be good no matter what Rank your guild ends up. Obviously these should get better with Guild Rank but there is no reason why a guild rank 50 should not win something as well. Its time to offer good rewards for everyone who takes part, encourage Guild Play and encourage some PvP back into this game.

-Arky

_RATTY_. likes this.
  9. beatdovne

10. sponks

sponks Regular

This idea is super good ARKY! Love it :D

A-R-K-Y likes this.
  11. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

12. Riker(NZL)

Riker(NZL) Forum Apprentice

this is a great idear we need more ways to build ships and play game togeather

A-R-K-Y likes this.
  13. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

Dam ARKY is at it again, good job brother, good ideas and hopefully BP will like it too

A-R-K-Y likes this.
  14. cheetah

cheetah Forum Apprentice

i like this, but one problem i have is you say someone need 12k bp to be in the event? im level 15 and have played a while and i only have 5 or 6k.. not a baby boat or new account, but that would mean i wouldnt qualify. i have always found getting bp a big issue for myself, idk how people get so much, so i would be surprised to see people making a new account and reaching 3 or 4k points just for this event

15. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Exactly Riker! Thanks for the reply mate!
    I try Challenger, I try :p Seriously though, thanks for the support! I hope BP like it too and at least think about it!

No mate, I am suggesting that you can only get points off of someone who is 12k or more. Okay in theory, maybe this needs reducing a bit. But how i currently suggest it you can get points even if you have 0 BP.. you just need to sink someone who has more than 12k BP.

Maybe a different sort of system should be involved for those players who are below 12k points :/

-Arky

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  16. michaelwells

michaelwells Forum Ambassador

Hey, Arky

Been crazy busy out here. I'm all sunburnt and mosquito-bitten, lol. :) Wanted to take a look at what ya got. . .

First off, this took a lot of time and effort to put together. I respect that a lot. It is extremely creative. :):):) This is really great work, m8.

I would definitely do this. I think this would be a lot of fun. 3 days is a perfect duration for this. Would love to see this go through.

I do have some questions; bear with me:

1. The combination of Level, BP, etc., for your point system: would this take a lot of time/programming to design? Is it feasible, from a Develolper's aspect? Only asking; not attempting to scrap the idea. If the answer is yes, or even maybe: would you be willing to alter the point system to a simpler configuration?

2. Also concerning points: any adjustments made when Large Guilds battle Small Guilds? More points to a Smaller Guild when defeating a Larger one, as their fewer numbers will likely accumulate less points? (And vice-versa.)

3. Battle ratios: I can also foresee an absolute bloodbath, lol, in certain instances. A 20 vs. 4 scenario might not be a lot of fun for the 4. Any way to even out said (or similar) odds? Perhaps the same number of players from each Guild battling each other (with a +/- ratio of 2 players per side?)

4. Will Guilds be able to hire Fleets for assistance?

5. Would an Arena-type setting work better? (See question below.)

6. How does a lower Level player battle a player who is of a higher Level, should the higher Level player choose not to come down to lower maps? I think all players should have access to battle one another, Guild vs. Guild, regardless of disparate Levels. No players should be allowed to "escape" to a higher Level map.

7. Many players are independent. They might not want to join a Guild just to participate. How about implementing a "Generic" type Guild for these players? Call it "Team Sea Fight". It exists for the duration of the Event, and then "dissolves". This would eliminate any pressure a player might feel to stay in a Guild they only joined to participate in the Event.

These are things that came to mind while reading. Again, I really like the idea. ;)

Michael

A-R-K-Y likes this.
  17. cheetah

cheetah Forum Apprentice

i think a 20 vs 4 odds would be hilarious fun, its been a longgg time since ive heard of groups bigger then a few actually sticking together, create a force to be reckoned with, another guild would ultimately need to gather their players to stop break it up. i guess that would be fun for the big guilds. perhaps create a tier system? based on level and or guild size?

A-R-K-Y likes this.
  18. michaelwells

michaelwells Forum Ambassador

That just might be a viable solution. But now you have a new problem (if I understand you correctly): only same size Guilds can battle each other. Did I grasp the concept? Sorry, m8, it has been a long week, I feel really tired.

19. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Hey michael, thanks for the reply!

1) Although I obviously can not comment on the amount of time it would take to program such an idea. I do not believe the point system would be the hard part to this event. Most of the features in here are a slight expansion to what we currently already have in the game. I would not believe it would be hard to implement, however Seafight is a very old game with some very old code, and as we well know, changing the slightest thing can cause issues in other parts.

2, 3 & 7) This particular idea, for me, is to not only bring something fun and profitable to the game, but to also bring back the importance of guilds which has been lost in recent years. Currently in the game we have a large amount of guilds with a small amount of active members in (1-30), a lot of players are in their own guild, or unguilded by choice. To me, that should not be a good thing; guilds should be something where a player wants to join with other players, wants to create good friends, receive help and give help. If all them points are met then the game is a lot more enjoyable, meaning more players are likely to keep playing, in my opinion.

Then you have the fact of new players joining the game. Currently, there is very very very few guilds who will hire new players and help them build up. By giving players the incentive to hire this players and help the build up - for the betterment of their own guild during this event, this should help new players who are joining the game.

Thats why I made designed this idea to try push players back into guilds with other players, bring back the importance of being in a guild, and bring back the importance of helping your fellow guild mates. For that reason, I do not believe giving a smaller guild a benefit of any sort is going to accomplish them goals, it would work in the opposite and simply give players a reason to keep playing as they are, singularly or with their few friends without building a guild community or helping new players.

The battle ratios, I see your point it would not be fun for a group of 4 fighting a group of 20, however the 4 does not need to stay and fight them 20. By doing that they are simply giving the 20 a chance for winning up to 3,200 points very easily. Sometimes to win you need to know when not to fight. Also, there is the reasoning that them 4 players should be bringing more of their guild mates to come help if possible, if they cant then get them 20 back later when they are alone or the numbers have turned. If they don't have any more guild mates, well it encourages them again to join a bigger guild OR hire more members.

4) Currently Fleets are only able to take Islands really, once taken or defending the fleets do very low damage on a player (currently). I do not know if Bigpoint has plans to implement a fleet system to hire against players, but unless this is the case I do not really see how a Fleet could help in this situation.

5 & 6) While it is possible that a Lower Level player can sink a Higher Level player, this idea was designed so that players would be fighting ships of a similar Level, and getting the maximum reward for doing so. This was done so that Big Boats would not be able to sink Little Boats over and over, or rather would not give them the incentive to do it. By placing boats in an arena, the Big Boats are not going to care if they only get 1 point or 2 points from a Small Boat.. they are going to sink it and take the point. They are not inconvenienced by it at all as they dont have to go to the low maps - which would waste time and potential points.

I also feel that if a player does jump to a higher map, this will give players yet another reason to level up. Players should be leveling now, especially with how profitable the Commonwealth Raid is, and how there shall be new features coming only available to those who level (e.g. Fleets from 24/1). Of course this would also give the Guild a reason to Help the player level, they want to get that player leveled ASAP so they can earn more points, meaning the Guild gets a better rank and a better reward.

That took a while :p Got another idea as well similar to this I shall write up at some point, would love to hear your thoughts on that when I post it.

-Arky

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    michaelwells likes this.
  20. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Oh lordy lord he's written a book!

A few grammatical errors but a thrilling read nonetheless!~

4.5/5 Stars - The Desmond Gazette

michaelwells likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.