How does someone hit 200k?

Discussion in 'Help' started by Bawdyn, Feb 18, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

It happened so fast that I didn't see the exact numbers, but I've now been sunk in two shots from fully repaired and I'm at almost 400k VP/HP combined (not even counting the damage prevention and dodge that I have). The shot looked like a fireball. Is there new ammo or is this another cheat?

Pagan_Spirit likes this.
  2. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

Currently, the Marauder Event is active. While this Event is active the Scrap ammo does extra damage, so those who have access to this ammo can hit upwards of 200,000 if they have a good setup.

More information on the Marauder Event can be found in the
    The Marauder’s Days Event FAQ.

There is no new addition to ammunitions as of late.

Has this resolved your query?

Swift

3. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I guess it must have been the Scrap ammo, the ship didn't have the marauder item. The FAQ doesn't say how much better that normal the event bonus is, does anyone know how many times harder it hits during this event?

4. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

My understanding is that it is double damage.

Has this now resolved your query?

Swift

5. USS_Defender(CAG-01)

USS_Defender(CAG-01) Exceptional Talent

If you are hit with Dragon Fire, Voodoo Bomb and Contact Mine, or any combination, in rapid succession and with the addition of Event Ammo your may get sunk in 1 or 2 salvos.

6. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Is there something other than it being the event that is needed to get the double damage? I just tried using the scrap ammo and got no extra damage. I hit more than Explosive ammo by just the 85/75 difference in the ammo's normal difference. I looked at the FAQ you linked above and it just says that there is extra for Scrap ammo and that you need a certain BP to be able to buy it. I don't have that many BP, but I do have scrap ammo left over from when we could craft it out of pistols, swords and shields.

EDIT: Or is it only extra damage against another player? I tested it on an NCP.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  7. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Maybe it was a mine or bomb as I saw what looked like a fireball shot at me. I've never noticed that graphic before. Although it seems like they are rare/expensive items, so I wonder why someone would use either of them against a single random ship minding its own business.

8. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

You may be getting confused between Scrap ammunition and Shrapnel ammunition. Shrapnel is the same as it as ever been and has 85 damage which increases to 95 damage when upgraded. Scrap ammunition is the ammunition unlocked for reaching Rank 15 in Battle Points (93,750) and can be purchased from the Black Market at any time once you reach this at a price of 600 Pearls for 1000 Scrap Ammunition.

It is possible for stronger players to hit upwards of 200k when using this ammo so this is what would have happened. They may not have the Marauder's Item but the ammo still does double damage this event without it.

The ammo is not exactly doubled, I am not sure of the exact mechanics but i hope @A-R-K-Y would be able to answer that in more depth.

I hope this helps

~Des

MAMMOTH^JACK likes this.
  9. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

In my best estimates Scrap Ammo provides the following bonuses during a Marauder Event:
    Battle Points: 150%
    Cannon Damage: 100%
    Elite Ammunition Bonus: 100%​

Effectively that means that the ammo is doing double damage (not including your normal Cannon Damage % increases), and the bonus you receive from your cannons are also doing double damage.

Which in reality is just shy of doubling your entire damage. A player who hits 110k+ should be able to hit over 200k using Scrap Ammo (not Shrap).

-Arky

10. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

As this has been fully answered this thread will now be closed.

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.