How is my Cannon Damage Stat possible?

Discussion in 'Help' started by The*Defiant, Jul 18, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

2. .Kenze.

.Kenze. Old Hand

3. Ɗяєɗɗєɗ

Ɗяєɗɗєɗ Padavan

Double damage on shell shock.

4. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Well - double would just be 200%.

5. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

It is double damage with Shell Shock. It doesn't just double the total value. It only doubles the value of the ammo itself. Let me give you an example:

Gem - 20% Cannon Damage
    Castle - 7% Cannons Damage
    Lv4 Doomhammers - +150 Pearl Damage (I think?)
    Shell Shock - 75 Damage

So, I know there are more boosters here but im just keeping it simple. I am pretty sure the solid damage values are added together before being multiplied.

Regular Damage:
    = (75+150)+(20+7)%
    = (225)+(27)%
    = 225*1.27
    = 285 Damage Value

Double Damage Days
    = ((2*75)+150)+(20*7)%
    = (300)+(27%)
    = 300*1.27
    = 381 Damage Value

Now. These calculations are wrong but I'm bored at work so looking at forums and therefore not checking water, and these values are much higher than you'd expect, but it gives a little bit of insight into why its not double the total damage, and how it is calculated.

I hope this helps, and I'm sure @A-R-K-Y will see this and fill in the gaps.

Thanks,

~Des

The*Defiant likes this.
  6. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

I have indeed seen this, so here is my explanation.

Whats calculated in this Cannon Damage Stat is the Ammo Damage Value * Cannon Damage %'s (Cunning and Colossal Cannon Damage, Gunpowder Flask, Cannon Damage Gem for Ship and Pet, Event Bonus).

I assume you have Shell Shock ammo equipped in the printscreen, which has a base damage of 75.
    In order for you to have 291.75 damage, that means you must have a Cannon Damage % Increase totalling 289%, 75 * 389% (Extra 100% as you have to include the starting 75 also) = 291.75

This Event currently provides 250% Cannon Damage when using ShellShock, which means that you are getting 39% Cannon Damage from your Scroll Damages, Gunpowder Flask and the Cannon Damage Gem.

I am guessing you have Cunning Cannon Boost (5%), Colossal Cannon Boost (7%,) 7/7 Gunpowder Flask (7%) and a Level 20 Cannon Damage Ship Gem (20%).

If I am correct that means on your account currently it would look like this:
    Cannon Damage Stat
    = AmmoValue * (100% + Event Boost + Cunning Cannon Boost + Colossal Cannon Boost + Gunpowder Flask + Cannon Damage Ship Gem + Cannon Damage Pet Gem)
    = 75 * (100% + 250% + 5% + 7% + 7% + 20% + 0%)
    = 75 * (389%)
    = 291.75​
    So the value you are seeing is correct.

-Arky

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  7. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

To paraphrase Batman: The Dark Knight Rises: "He's the hero the forum needs."

8. frankthetank1974

frankthetank1974 Board Analyst

:eek::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

9. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

My Cannon Damage Ship gem is 18% and not 20%. But at least that explains it very close to the total value I show. My thanks to both Destruction and especially Arky! Much appreciated!:)

10. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Hmm, and you have 7/7 in the Castle? I wonder where it is you are getting the extra 2% from then... I will have to have a look into this stat again and try see if there is an extra % coming from somewhere.

-Arky

11. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

Possibly has the Seahorse League Bonus +2% Cannon damage?

12. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Very true! I never even thought of the Cannon Damage applied by the League! He is in the Barracuda League, so should be receiving a 3% Cannon Damage Boost. So I am guessing your Castle is 6/7 Defiant?

-Arky

13. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

Yes, with it being a temporary buff it can be quite easily overlooked.

14. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Yes...Gunpowder Flask Castle is at 7/7 and I am in the Barracuda League.

15. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Ah okay :) Anyway, the stat is correct :p

Although, personally I would not pay too much attention to that stat, as it does not include PvP Damage Skill, doesn't include damage you get from the cannons, from afterburn, from the extra damage on ammo.. :)

-Arky

The*Defiant likes this.
  16. Nice team work. ;)

As this has been answered

~Closed~

The*Defiant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.