How to make sf better again

Discussion in 'Help' started by billybob5859, Jun 15, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Should voodo, doomhammer, firestorm cannons should be purchasable for pearls?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2018.
  1. Yes

64.3%
  2. No

35.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billybob5859

billybob5859 Forum Greenhorn

I have been playing this game 8 years of my life and all i can say is this game is pretty much a p2w game. I have been playing this game for 8 years grinding but i progress slower than everyone who payed money to get a better cannon to do big damage and progress faster but also the they would enjoy pvp.
    For 8 years the cannons i have so far is the 60 pounder cannons who is decent but not great. Those new cannons that were added like the firestorm,voodoo,doomhammer and etc... they have a bigger advantage. The only way to get them is to basically pay. Like i said i been playing this game for 8 years and i have NONE of those cannons.
    People who have those cannons are constantly farming newbie players who just started playing this game in 2/1 map zone and calling them self a skill player. This isn't fair.
    It be great if they allow those cannons like firestorm,voodoo,doomhammer to be purchasable through the market for 10k pearls instead of having to pay real $. This is a huge disadvantage for a free to play games.
    I am going to stop playing this game now because i basically wasted 8 years of my life because i enjoyed this game back in the old days where vp din't exist and those p2w cannons.
    This game have so much potential but bpBigPoint is super greedy by only allowing users to pay to get a better cannons and not obtainable for user who played this game for so many years.

There is so much better f2p game out there that rewarding and doesn't require $$ to be great.
    for example Navyfield great f2p games that doesn't require $$ to buy a naval vessal guns and also it is rewarding i haven't yet spend any money and i enjoyed the game more than sf. It is very competative and requires more skills rather than point and shoot.

Anyway thank you guys for reading this i hope bigpoint will read this open there mind about changing this game to be great again.

Nacho™ likes this.
  2. _RATTY_.

_RATTY_. Exceptional Talent

Hello m8. I dont know if u play that much and if u noticed there are lots of events from wich u can win firestorms and voodoo cannons from rankings , black market or quests! There is new quest in 2 map safe haven and quest giver in 1.4 map that give u 5 voodoo cannons. I know players who pay nothing in this game and wich are full firestorms and voodoos from events and quests! All u need is time 2 play!

3. Ridgerunner57

Ridgerunner57 Forum Apprentice

Some of this is true. However, if you do not have the big money boats with all the bling bought with CC's, You cannot make the rankings, cannot compete with other players in arenas, cannot buy the ammo to shoot the event ships without the CC. Cannot buy the skills and the necessary castles to get the speed to even get to the event ships. Without any doubt this has become a pay to play game. I think I'll stop since this has become a discussion thread. Sorry about that.

Loki1621 likes this.
  4. Ɗяєɗɗєɗ

Ɗяєɗɗєɗ Padavan

Should voodo, doomhammer, firestorm cannons should be purchasable for pearls?

No. You can earn Voodoo cannons and Firestorm cannons from playing events. When you have enough of these cannons you can exchange them into Doom hammers. So you can already buy them with pearls in a way but having them at a fixed price for pearls is a big NO from me.

As much as you moan and groan the paying members keep this game running.

- Blitzen

5. -redak-

-redak- Active Author

I totally agree with Dredded, even if I sit in the same situation as billybob...

If you really want to, you can get the best cannons for free.. But it takes a lot of time and hard work..

-redak-

6. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

I too agree with Dredded and redak. Although many of us agree that BigPoint is a little extreme with their pricing and that they got themselves into this mess where they need to charge more, you need to remember too that BigPoint are a business. They need to make money. Most players I know now just buy the occasional packs when they come out as theyre good value in comparison, some buy cannon packs and most buy Bokors. Because of previous events and updates, players don't need to buy pearls and burning ice ammo, and gems can be made from chest hunting (kings), boarding the VCMA Harrowstorm (emperors) and from buying or winning event skins and taking the gems. I have a player in my guild who buys almost nothing on this game. Almost all from farming events and playing scrolls he has full lv2-3 voodoos, lv18-19 gems and full Firestorms. Yes, he puts a lot of time in, but all he buys is 30 Bokors a month. I do understand that this is an extremely rare case of how far somebody can get without farming, but it shows it can be done.

On the other hand, time management is a big disadvantage to players who want to play for free and work during the week. Only having an hour or 2 a night is often not even a enough to keep scroll HP, trainers, queens legacy etc. Adding in having to farm hard for event rankings to get these cannons is a really big ask, so I came up with what I think to be a fair proposal.

Voodoo Cannons Level 0 to be purchasable with Crowns (2000 Per Cannon)

This idea I feel would benefit free to play players without making it unfair for those who have bought their way here. Doomhammers are the best fighting cannons and so those who have bought their Doomhammers will have no increased competition from this as it would not effect how easy it is to get Doomhammers. I think the price here is fair as it will take a long time to build up the cannons. I felt that pearls was a bad idea because players really fluctuate as to how many pearls they have, and I know players with 50k and players with 100m pearls. Crowns I feel are a more stable currency, worth more, and much harder for "botters" to feasibly grind. It also requires being Level 21+ tomake the most of them meaning that the "Big fish in a small pond" players will not be able to benefit unless they level up. Below is a table showing how much it would cost through this method, in crowns, to get full cannons. Sorry it is misaligned but I'm afraid I simply cannot be bothered to fix it... gg!

Level 0Level 1Level 2Level 3Level 4Level 5
    309618'000930'0001'398'0002'100'0003'150'0005'503'000
    339678'0001'020'0001'530'0002'298'0003'450'0006'028'000
    379758'0001'140'0001'710'0002'568'0003'852'0006'728'000
    It is possible through all the daily quests for a Level 25+ player to make 15'000 Crowns per day. This means if a Level 25 player did all his daily quests for 46 days then they could get themselves a full set of Level 0 cannons assuming they have 339 slots (Max cannons with the common Lv1 Sellsword and no league buff). Level 0 Voodoos are decent, but still don't hold up at all to high level players so it is not like 46 days would change the tide of the battle compared to a pay2play player. To get to 339 Level 5 Cannons which would essentially be the best free cannons with this method, again assuming they have the Level 1 Sellsword and no league buff) would amount to 402 Days of doing every daily quest. It would be slightly less than this due to the fact that you get crowns from the NPCs themselves but this would still work out as around 380 days.
    Any player could do this so it is not like the Free2Play have an advantage over the Pay2Play players. Pay2Play players who already have Voodoo Cannons wouldn't need to buy so many and would get to Level 5 faster, and their Level 4 Doomhammers would still outclass them in a 1-1 situation, especially if Level 5 Doomhammers were released.
    You are now looking at over a year to reach full Lv5 Voodoo Cannons which again is unrealistic as it will be expensive to do this daily as well as keeping up HP, Trainers etc etc. By this time there will also be new updates and a year down the line Level 5 Voodoo Cannons will not be as good in comparison to other cannons as they are now but they will still be viable, keeping a fair balance.

I think this would be a good way to bring free to play players back into playing actively without costing BigPoint too much (Probably actually increasing turnover as there would ideally be more active players) and without closing the gap too much between F2P and P2P players.

Let me know what you think about this,

Thanks,

~Des

7. billybob5859

great a event that only high level players will dominate and get more rewards than newbie with 50 , 55 pound cannons lol.

8. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Sorry, is that directed at my suggestion or the current Civil War event?

9. billybob5859

i mean bigpoint will still profit out of it because they're already selling pearls for $$ why cant they just sell those cannons for pearls at a higher price so that way people would actually spend more time in game trying to get more pearls to buy those cannons rather than buying them instantly for 45+ dollar plus

10. billybob5859

There is hardly new players that play seafight. They are losing players everyday. Not many new players would enjoy getting camp by high levels who payed more than 100+ dollar to just pvp in a lower zone map lol that isn't fun.

11. billybob5859

Don't forget 8 years of playing yet someone who is started playing that pays more than 100$ in game cannons would beat me in a 1v1 lol that is the reality.

12. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

You mention people buying pearls but they don't do that, I only know 3 people on the game that actually buy pearls and they are all very very rich individuals. The rest of us get them from Commonwealth Raid map, scrolls, events etc. With your suggestion a player could get full lv5 Voodoo Cannons worth £2610 if you bought them all, for just 17m pearls. To you that may seem like a lot and I understand that but for players that can get in the Commonwealth Raid Map its not too much at all. We have a player in our guild who has a mixture of Lv5 60Lbs and Lv0 Voodoo Cannons, 60 skills and only 8 Lv7 Castles (the others ranging from 0-4) who maxed all his castles and skills in 1 month once he got to Lv26. Players with the size of boat you say you have are simply not expected to get the best cannons available out of nowhere. Charging them for pearls would be a bad idea because the botters would all have the max cannons in a month or 2, which is why I suggested Crowns as an alternative, but to be honest I don't think they should bring them out at all. The size of boat you seem to say you have, you shouldn't be looking at going for the best cannons. Work on your skills and castles, just from farming any raid map you could get your castles and skills (at least the farming ones) maxed out relatively cheaply and then you will understand what I mean completely.

Des

_RATTY_. likes this.
  13. Pahlsen

Pahlsen Forum Apprentice

I read all the comments. Can someone help me where those quests are to get free cannons? Also didn't they mention something about new graphic for Seafight once? The graphic currently used is just bad and should really be upgraded.

14. michaelwells

michaelwells Forum Ambassador

Any Quests with free Cannons will be clearly detailed in the description of the Quest.

15. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

At the current moment in time, the only quests which award Cannons are the Vovoi Quests.

Information on these can be found here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E50xKj94cxBR72xdGB3PpuQLSM5Yb1osOls9XN8ydos/edit#gid=0

-Arky

16. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

How and the world the "CROWNS" idea came up from the original question, "Should voodo, doomhammer, firestorm cannons should be purchasable for pearls? This would be a very big disadvantage to those players not even at that level although they can shoot down the NPC that sail the map waters that produce crowns, but they would spend more in buying ammo and amulets in sinking these ships than it would by purchasing pearls to buy cannons. I frankly don't care to advance beyond 21 because of the cost issues in time and money which I have very little of. This game at the present time is a money pit and nothing that BP can do will make it better or advantageous to every player. I would say yes to buying these cannons for pearls but it would have to be really balanced in terms of cost in real time money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.