Keep Cabin Boys for purchase with Pearls.

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by The*Defiant, Jun 5, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Just like you had it before: under "Tavern/Pirates". If you have bought the 25% discount, you benefit from it. Making them only for purchase with Crowns (and then only on "Special Occasions") is a terrible idea. How are new players supposed to get them? Oh yeah...I know...with a cash purchase of a "Crown package" during "Special Mega Happy Hours". How many times must it be said: Greed is killing this game! I am betting the new forthcoming Skill Tree will make us buy more Skills to get BACK what we already have RIGHT NOW! <---(remember the fiasco with our Castles)?

2. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

The whole cabin boys thing is a real fiasco. They make is sound like they are doing us a favor, then they price them out of reach of almost all of the players. I'm level 21, but its still hard enough to do that daily quest for crowns (even with having cabin boys) that it takes me long enough that I maybe do it once a week as I can't commit that much time to a quest and actually play the game as well. Anyone level 20 or less has no access to them at all for crowns. Hitting the lower level commonwealth ships to board them for crowns takes a ridiculous amount of time to even get enough for one day of cabin boys.

And I can't wait to see that getting back the reload speed on a new skill tree will take 3 years of crystal collecting to get them. :(

3. frankthetank1974

frankthetank1974 Board Analyst

rember there been deleted due to lag … unless you pay for them ?? what happened to the lag ….im sure you all twigged straight away ,its just more lies to turn you up side down and fleece your pockets …
    no flare or imagination just sell rob remove sell cycle ,,, they just cant grasp there customers are not idiot`s ..or are they :oops::rolleyes:

4. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

I simply don't understand the removal of cabin boys.

If they were removing them because of "lag" or because it was holding them back from adding new content then why didn't they just leave them for sale under pirates for 10,000 Pearls until the update with new content is ready to be released?

Now you got cabin boys for sale for 1,000 Crowns per day, anyone under level 21 is not going to be getting them.

30,000 Crowns for 30 Days, like what? It use to be under 20k pearls for 28 days. Plus they put them in buccaneer's market before anyone knew they were being added to jolly roger events so people bought packages just to get them. lmao great way to make money, I guess... :s

lol I don't understand.

5. Satan_Himself

Satan_Himself Forum Baron

6. Corsair_Bill

Corsair_Bill Forum Connoisseur

even if you are lv 21, only way to hunt for crowns, at least for me anyway, is to use p-ammo, which is an expensive hunt . . no matter how you slice it

Lady.Wolf, bodean and The*Defiant like this.
  7. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

In another thread I estimated that it took me ~30k pearls to do the level 21 daily quest. That earns ~5700 crowns if you both board and sink all 20 ships. So, for 30k pearls I can get 5.7 days of Cabin Boys that used to cost 10k pearls for 14 days. So that means that it costs ~5.3k pearls/day compared to ~700 pearls/day before. That's a 700+% increase, not including the several hours it takes me to do that quest. Ridiculous!!

8. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I have the 25% discount and I used to could get them for 7,000 pearls for 14 days. Now everything is in crowns. I can only surmise that BP is determined to try to force everyone to the upper levels. But I think even those players will end up having to buy the crown payment packages. It seems that we just cannot win.

Lady.Wolf likes this.
  9. timarpaul1

timarpaul1 Forum Pro

bring them back whit perls

Lady.Wolf likes this.
  10. Event sells them 70 shards for a day=easy to get

11. KIBIRA$

KIBIRA$ Forum Apprentice

i agree bring back cabin boys.everything going already paid.you can put it in black market or somethere with crowns or pearls like was

Lady.Wolf likes this.
  12. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Easy how? Other than the ones I've got from the daily reward and the codes, I haven't received any yet from shooting the Falling Stars. I haven't even seen a Hammer of Justice let alone a Slashing Sickle. Others have posted winning 2 shards for shooting a Hammer. at 50 mill a piece, that's a lot of shooting to get to 70 shards that way. Is there some other way you are getting easy shards?

Lady.Wolf likes this.
  13. Codo

Codo Forum Apprentice

Yes just do it

Last edited by moderator: Jun 16, 2018
  14. greybrick

greybrick Forum Apprentice

Cabin boys should be available for pearls or crowns. 70 shards??? Gimme a break.

Rabbid and Lady.Wolf like this.
  15. timarpaul1

timarpaul1 Forum Pro

perls

Lady.Wolf likes this.
  16. Lady.Wolf

Lady.Wolf Active Author

I'm sorry..this doesn't make any sense...We had cabin boys for anyone to purchase under Pirates. Then they take them away cuz of lag. And they're updating the skill tree???? But now, they're for sale for a ridiculous amount of Shards..does this mean that there never were the cause of lag? just total greed? Glad I stopped playing, the event is stupid, it's the worst I can remember in 7 yrs.

Rabbid and The*Defiant like this.
  17. It was never stated as lag being the cause of removal, but the factor of some players having a massively fast reload after the firestorms were adjusted. With 3 quests daily giving 210 shards total, you automatically profit 150 and the exchange rate to radiant isn't bad so you can still afford polish muzzle+repair buff for a day. Until we see how the event changes for the last part but with all the codes given out as compensation people should easily have shards to buy cabin boys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.