Need help / advise

Discussion in 'Help' started by Pahlsen, Jun 24, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pahlsen

Pahlsen Forum Apprentice

Hello. First i wanna say sorry for my bad english. I'm from Denmark, but I hope you can understand what I'm saying anyways.

I started playing Seafight 7 nearly 8 years ago. I have never been very active, but recently i wanted to start playing for real so I need a lot of cannons, crystals and pearls.

I need to upgrade almost all my talents (got 16 out of 65) and my castle I have almost never touched. I looked at the prices to buy crystals (100 euro for 10k crystals). I don't know how many crystals i need for 65 talent points, but i guess i need to buy atleast 20k. I need 3,3 million pearls to buy the extra cannon and extensions space + pearls for my castle and then i need 300 cannons and a new ship design. My plan is to buy Bokors chests and hope I win the design when there is one i like. If i have to pay for all that i would need more than 3500 euro. My question is then can i get anything of these for free? I saw a post where someone said you could get free cannons (I'm already doing the daily logins) I'm willing to spend money on this game, but 3500 euro is too much. I know many of you people have build your ship over many years and then 3000 euro is maybe not that much.

My question is can i get anything of these for free? I know i can get glitters and get pearls but people kill me.

Btw. sorry for this post. I know a lot of people make threads like this, but i couldnt find a answer or some of the helpfull threads already made.

My ship:

142k HP
    155k Voodoo HP
    215 cannon space (almost all of them is full 50 pounders lvl 5 and 4)

I'm looking for any advice to improve my ship!

2. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

Pahlsen, there are so many aspects in which you can upgrade your boat and likewise so many postings from several players who have given advise on how to build a great ship, most notably is ARKY, see pirate tutorials section. I would advise not spending any money on this game just yet except for the monthly Chalice of Bokor and the opportunity to buy crystals, there is a $99.00 package for 10k which will bring your talents up very nicely. The first thing to upgrade is your cannon slots found on the sea chart page under ship overview icon followed by ship equipment, values. Next, in the castle slots (FORECASTLE) get the cannon loader to the max level followed by (TOPCASTLE) gunpowder flask to max level. In the (AFTCASTLE) do upgrade the cannon storage and sternpost. Back to the ship equipment you have expansions to upgrade as well these will boost your HP level a little bit however when you have this completed you can upgrade your Castles HP. The top deck, voodoo and the remainder of empty castles you may have can be upgraded at another time when your not busy getting everything else done.
    The cannons you have right now are worthless, this is where the money will have toi be spent if you decide on this, all cannons voodoo, doomhammers, firestorms and devastators are real cash purchases. Wait until they go on sale for great deals. Other than that and what you have already planned on doing, you are off to a great start, Welcome back to the game and enjoy.

Pahlsen likes this.
  3. Pahlsen

Pahlsen Forum Apprentice

Thanks for your reply. I wrote in this thread i can buy cannons with crowns:

https://board-en.seafight.com/threads/how-to-make-sf-better-again.169361/

I guess I'm not strong enough, so i guess i have to spend money on cannons. Do you remember what they cost when they are on sale? I'm planning on going firestorm cannons, but is there anything better/cheaper? Is there any good ways to get pearls from? I got a lot of cancer cards etc. but I'm not strong enough to kill the npcs yet.

4. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

Doing scrolls is always a great way to make some pearls, however, there is also the raid maps and depending on your level you will be able to one or the other. Freedom events (national holidays in different countries are another great way to make some easy pearls. and be sure to log into the daily bonus for some awesome items. You can hit the NPC Calico, Lucia, Kiribati to lure out the Admirals on those and they give some descent pearls.
    Another way to get stronger is to join a guild that will help you build your ship and always there is strength in numbers in that regard. The current event is paying some good pearls and although your strength in cannons is low you will get a small percentage of them but do it anyways, because some pearls is better than none.
    Your cannons are what will make your boat, you must decide initially on what you want to do, farm or fight? If farming is what I do believe you plan on doing right now then get the Admiral cannons because they don't require any upgrades but they are not as powerful as the others, but you should be able to complete the scrolls in shorter time and don not use elite ammo unless it is on events, use hollows on scrolls and most regular map work.
    Personally, I would buy the $19.99 Bokors package monthly for you have a chance at getting the ship design, a chance of getting Devestator cannons, kings legacy, and maybe a booty bag of gems, and a lottery ticket which would be a bonus map, Aquarius, Taurus, or Sag map, plus other goodies. Of course you can spend more if you want, that's up to you. The weekly Mega happy hour for $199.99 will get you 2 million plus pearls to do some upgrading but again that's totally up to you.
    Good luck, happy sailing.

Pahlsen likes this.
  5. Pahlsen

Pahlsen Forum Apprentice

Thanks man that helped a lot. Scrolls is it the cancer map/cards etc?
    Is it best just to use one type of cannons or can i mix firestorm cannons with voodoo cannons etc or does it slow down the reload time since they are not the same.
    Can Bokors give cannons when i turn them in? I know the reward at the end of the month give cannons but can i be luck to get one when i turn them in or is it just cannon balls etc?

6. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

Presently, there are the 4 major bonus maps, Virgo, Capricorn, Sagittarius and Cancer that depending on your level and which cannons you use can be completed in a mere few minutes to a couple hours. The "SPECIAL" bonus maps, Taurus, Aquarius, Leo and Libra aren't to hard to complete but the pearl reward payouts are better, for example, you get 300k pearls for completion and 35k for another. These maps can be bought every month, just be sure to keep an eye out for the trailers on main page and read the official announcements.
    Most people use a variety of cannons because that's all they have where as others use only 1 type for every purpose, for you I would initially keep it simple like using Admirals until a time where you feel comfortable in purchasing the better cannons. The Voodoo, DoomHammers and Firestorm cannons are all upgradeable using existing stocks of the same type cannons and with crystals. This aspect will be very costly in terms of dollars and cents. USE WHAT YOU HAVE but most definitely, phase out those 50 pounders for better cannons.
    Yes, as I have mentioned Bokors will give cannons but I haven't heard that you can turn them in in reference to old type cannons except for selling them off back to the market.
    The reload times are a major concern for most players because this means who ever is faster at getting cannonballs downrange and on target will win the fight over the slower player, look for ARKY's post on this topic which is very helpful.

Time and determination is what will build your boat, and doing the work, scrolls, shiny hunting, doing events, will be more rewarding in the long run for you than actually buying the pearls, crystals to upgrade castles and expansions, Skills you most definitely will have to buy crystals to improve on this aspect of ship building and that's where I would put my money first then onto better cannons, you can make enough pearls to upgrade castles if your determined in doing it this way, IT CAN BE DONE.

Riker(NZL) likes this.
  7. яєι∂σѕ8мαяєѕ

яєι∂σѕ8мαяєѕ Forum Apprentice

Hello, you don't need 3000€ to build your boat unless you wanna be on top of the PvP. But I'd recommend you getting discord, and join some players there where you can get more help. Here is a thread by Seren that has the link to Discord: https://board-en.seafight.com/threads/discord.167955/

Looking forward to meet you there : )

8. Riker(NZL)

Riker(NZL) Forum Apprentice

my 2 cents of advice is if you going to spend money buy doomhammers get the most bang for your money , they do cost the most but will give you better payouts in events when useing pearl ammo , use the pearls u make in events to upgrade the castles which as uss challenger1 above has advised the loader castle on lvl 6 speed will help u earn pearls faster if you shooting for them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.