Need help building ship

Discussion in 'Help' started by Sкуℓιηєя, Jun 10, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sкуℓιηєя

Sкуℓιηєя Junior Expert

So I've been on a 7 year hiatus and have recently come back to seafight to notice a lot has changed and am looking for some guides to help me Decide what to focus on first to get my ship to a somewhat decent standard.
    I've been given a nice lump sum of pearls from what i assume was compensation for losing my pearl decks and have some saved up from before then anyway,

I have 168k Pearls Which I know wont go far but I want to be cost effective with them

My Ship Stats -
    205 Cannon Slots
    50 Expansion Slots
    1 Voodoo Cannon
    40 Level 3 60-Pounders
    2 Level 1 60-Pounders
    1 Level 3 55-Pounder
    1 Level 3 50-Pounder
    5 Level 2 50-Pounders
    153 Level 1 50 Poounders
    2 Admiral Cannons

I've got the Minimum skills Required in the Basic Skill Tree 4 - 1 - 1
    My Only other skills are in Ogun http://prntscr.com/jt5x1b However i'm thinking I should have went for NPC Gold with these because going for harpoon speed and npc damage shouldn't be my main priority right now

My Castles are looking very bare, this concept is pretty new to me
    http://prntscr.com/jt5yoo (Module is reload speed level 2)
    I have no modules in my Voodoo Castle right now just the level 1 slot

I have no idea what the trophy room is but i've done some googling and it looks like me getting any of the trophies is a few levels away anyway

I've heard farming Sun pirates maps is good for pearls but I have no information on the NPC's on this map so I dont even know if i'd be able to take them on

I've been given 2 gem packs as well and am also wondering what are the best gems to use as well currently i have +80k HP gem and -30% Repair Speed with 2 open attack slots and a special slot, I have a few attack gems however am waiting to get a +Cannon Damage gem and don't know if i should go for Hit Probability or something different for my second attack slot

I think thats everything but not sure, I don't want to spend too much really to get competitive but who ever does

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  2. bytza

bytza Forum Apprentice

First thing to do is to get to level 15 and stop there. you will get 60's level 3 and 25k pearls for each pirate test.
    If you wanna farm with hollows the best thing to go are admiral cannons i guess, they give more dmg on hollows. There is a package in the shop for 8 £ i think that give 50 admirals cannons and 100k burning ice ammo. Another way to get the admiral cannons would be thru league hall. You will get 50 admiral cannons for 6 competitor coins. IF you are top 10 in your league you will get 6 coins per month. so in about 4 months you will have the admirals you need for free. If you advance in another league you will get different cannons from what i saw( Jellyfish league gives admirals, Seahorse gives 60's from what i saw dunno the rest).
    For castles just save up pearls untill there will be castles days and you will get 25% off. From what i saw in the official announcements castle days are every 2 months, next one should be at the end of this month (around 26-28 if i am not wrong.)
    And yes the best way to farm pearls is Sun raid map, going above level 15 won't give you access anymore on this map tho.
    There are 2 types of NPC in here, normal (Sunburst-200k hp hits about 1,5k gives 250-300 pearls) and the boss(after 200 sunbursts have been sunk it appears, dunno HP or the pearls it gives, but usually you won't be able to shoot it as certain guilds or group of people will sink you to get it just for them.)
    Another way to get fast pearls is drakir hrell (13-15 maps 500k hp gives 1,5-2k pearls and it hits for about 35-40k), you will need to use pearl ammo to sink it by yourself and usually you will have to repair afterwards XD.
    This is all i have for now, if you have anymore questions just go ahead.

3. Pagan_Spirit

Pagan_Spirit Forum Inhabitant

oh dear oh dear - thats gonna be a battle! :D

my best advice would be to look thru this (new pirate Tutorials) forum and pick out the info you need.

> my advice is to go up in levels as far as possible, due to the quests above level ... sumthing 15 giving out free voodoo cannons which, seeing all those old junk cannons u have right now, you will definitely need (anything under lvl3 60s is pretty much useless - I´d go so far as suggesting to use the Admirals instead of them to gain more ELP.

> @ pearls: Sun Pirate map; forget it. I really wanted that design and stayed on lvl 15 for a few years trying to get enough sinks - that map is loaded with strong auto-players -> forget it > get strong cannons > go for Drakir Hrell (some post in this forum suggests likewise).

> @ castles: check the corresponding threads on this forum ...I think I started one which turned out really helpful.

-- would be interesting to know how much EP and and ELP you have gathered, so as to lead you on what to focus on.

4. Sкуℓιηєя

Sкуℓιηєя Junior Expert

Yeah one thing i have noticed since getting back is there are a lot more players botting than there used to be
    I have 2.5mill EP and 1.3mill ELP

Glad to know that the castles i've got so far were a good choice but from the skills guide i saw, they recommended doing what i've been doing - going for ogun but I don't see how this would be more beneficial for the start instead of NPC Gold? +30% profit seems like it would be a lot better

I found a the castles guide which has been useful in learning about each of the modules and prices it'll cost me to get them on castle day but still unsure what would be best for me to get with the small amount of pearls I have

Thank you both you've been super helpful so far

Something I also forgot to ask about again is it worth sinking pearls in Cannon Slots? and what would be better cannon slots or castle - Should I wait until I have gotten rid of all my 50's until I buy weapon slots?

[Merged]

Last edited by moderator: Jun 11, 2018
  5. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I'm not sure this was mentioned, but when they reset the quests/tests a few months back, it meant that everyone could redo all of them including the tests (which are much easier than they used to be). I recommend going back and start with the level 1 quests and work your way up through all of them. The tests have cannons as part of their reward (lvl 3 60's in the lower levels, Voodoo later on). While taking a test for a level below your current level won't move you up a level, it will give you the rest of the rewards. Do this and you will get to the point quickly where you won't need any of your old 50's or 55's, so don't bother upgrading them now. Even the 60's you get might not be worth upgrading as once you start getting Voodoo cannons, you won't need the 60's much either.

Also, be sure to log on the sea every day. This is where the daily rewards have moved to. There are two 'threads' of them. One is a monthly set that if you login every day of the month you get all of them, then each month they reset whether you got them all or not. These rewards tend to not be huge, but generally get better the further into the set you go. The second is given out each time you have logged in for for the 5th (later 7th, then 10th, etc) time. These are not reset, if it takes you a month to login 5 times, then it still gives you that reward, then starts again with a new set of rewards. These rewards tend to be a lot bigger than the monthly ones and can include cannons.

Be it weapon slots or castles or skills, these should be moved up together. They all get more expensive than their previous one. At some point some will be so expensive that it will take a lot of time/pearls to get the next one. If you focus one one over the other, then you'll get less 'bang for the buck' at some point. That said, if you do as I mentioned above and do all of the old levels quests and tests, you will replace those 50's in no time.

[Merged]

6. Pagan_Spirit

nb: all of the following are my opinions... I might even err on some of them or be miraculously biased.

To be quite honest, with your stats, I'm not sure if SF is still the right game for you - unless you want to pump in some real money or if you have a lot of time to play.
    > I recently tried to start from scratch on a different server and, mildly said, it was painstakingly tedious (largley because the incentives offered for new players are taken over by bots).

If you do want to continue, first off you will want to level up - for the reason Bawdyn mentioned: the quests will give (good) cannon rewards - these are vital - shooting with only 60s will bring u next to nowhere pearl-wise /advancement-wise.
    To level, you will need EP, here you got various choices:
    1). do the quests, epecially the daily ones: https://board-en.seafight.com/threads/daily-quests-levels-1-20.171927/
    2). randomly shoot stuff (get money, buy loads of hollows (Gold Ammunition: 20 dmg), you will need them)

-> You might want to invest in as many Admiral Cannons as you can hold / will be able to hold (300 is a good mark to achieve)
    --> To do thus, you will need to gather ELP for League Ranking (you'll be in the Jellyfish League)
    ---> You'll want to reach places 101-1000 and recieve 2x Competitor's coins (..to buy more Admirals)

To get ELP:
    1). Shoot with pearl ammo (for which you need pearls -_- )
    2). Shoot with your Admiral Cannons (and anything else that makes dmg.. note to switch your cannons around when u want to shoot with pearl ammo for more damage - it's a bother, but worth it in the long run)

-> At this stage it would be good to mention ELP boosters:
    a. dont switch to a fancy design! use an Elite ship, as it give u a small boost (just recently figured that out...)
    https://board-en.seafight.com/threads/elite-ships-elp.173104/
    b. Figurehead Ran (buy it from the Market Cove for like... 100 gold)
    c. I think the Tiger Eye ship gem should come in that Booty Bag you got.. if not.. well.. at least you got that tiny boost from a & b (better than nothing!)

----> getting full Admirals can be really tedious and take 1 year+ , personally, I'm at 207. But thats the fate of non-payers.

Stuff to shoot, Skills, Castles:
    Read thru the entirity of this thread and check the pictures (especially the link by 'rubenrs')
    **the only part I differ in thought is his castle skill: Gun Deck > Shipright's Schematics
    -> if you get it up to module 6, you'll have an extra sail (more speed) and and extra figurehead (and extra 5% ELP or 5% gold -- depending on what I need I also often switch my 2 figureheads around)

Getting there (xyz):
    - Find yourself a friendly guild (you'll get shot less, maybe recieve gold payouts to buy more hollows, get help to finish quests, meet / chat with awkward ppl., have fun!)
    - only buy castle updates on the discount days (actually every 3 months, last was beginning May)
    - forget about the trophies. not a chance.
    - ........ there was something else but it keeps slipping my mind, I'll add it later probably.

ah. the castles thingy link:
    https://board-en.seafight.com/threads/good-st-lucia-replacement.172496/

^edit to above post: getting ELP, 2). use admirals and shoot hollows

**I remembered! You had asked what to invest in with your pearls; castles or extensions (cannon / more health):
    - Personally, I'd say cannons.
    Even if minimal, you will want more damage which is only possible with more cannons. Get what you can with the pearls you have..... AFTER you get the Castle level 8, module 8 cannon loader, or as far as you can make it. that thing is so important, especially now after the Cabin Boys are gone.

- Health.. is less important. Maybe get some yourself up to the price of 16k. You're a "young" ship that will get sunk one way or another. An extra few thousand HP wont change much.. sadly. But do go to the Market Cove and bid on the Hardwood Beams (takes a while, but they're worth the gold).

- Get yourself a level 3 Voodoo Priest if you havent already --- and a level 2 Boarding Officer (you might need him for the Karkinos (boarding) quest).

- Scrolls: dont try anything but Virgo, you'll die (or it'll take you hours upon hours with that minimal damage u have + dont use elite ammo, otherwise you dont earn the pearls!)

That's it.

[Merged]

7. how would admirals take a year? place top 10 in league and you get 50 a month, thats 6 months for 300 for free. theres also 9.99 packs of 50 addies you can take advantage of to get a head start.

8. Pagan_Spirit

and how do u suggest he'll get those 200 million + ELP needed for Jellyfish place <10?

9. Ga2 jelly fish league, 10th place has 19m; that is very easy if you play everyday.

10. Pagan_Spirit

Ga2?

11. Global America 2

Pagan_Spirit likes this.
  12. piranhahunter

piranhahunter Forum Connoisseur

hmmm i am a free player so maybe i could help a bit
    1.trow your guns away,they sux,quest up till 20,u get some nice 60lbs and voodoo(100 pieces)
    2.Vovoi questline also gives 5/10 vodoo guns,depending on which questline you do
    3.log in bonus gives some good gem bags and guns,devas,firestorm,voodoo
    4.try playing some events were voodoo guns are easily bought like christmas event and the turtle event we had couple days ago
    5.spend pearls to open cannon slots,more guns do more dammage
    6.please find a decent guild otherwise u wil swim with the fishies
    7.pearls u get spend first on reloader,flask,extra gunslots,dammage reduction
    8.dont play events were u wont make profit,for small players like you most event wil be yust a waste of ammo and pearls
    select your events carefully
    9.leage coins should always go to cannons,first some addy and once u have like 200 addy go for the $$$$ guns like voodoo and firestorms
    start doing these things and from there on u go further
    you will see i gave a lot of pointers starting with the cannons,well the cannons are like the main thing in this game,the best guns give the most dammage and the most dammage gives the best pearl rewards
    i did these steps and now all mine 304 guns are like $$$$ cannons and i never spend a single dime,i also got so many guns over time most of my guns are now level 1
    i am not like a strong ship but i can mannage in my own ways lol
    hope this helps and the other pirates above me also have good pointers so i think u have enough info
    best of luck buddy

*KRUCHY*, bodean and Pagan_Spirit like this.
  13. Sкуℓιηєя

Sкуℓιηєя Junior Expert

So after reading this i bought the starter package (50 Admirals and 100k Burning ice ammo) that was a nice boost to damage I bought a couple more gem packs but i only got trash from them +14% Cannon Damage and +8% Hit probability

Right now i'm 30th in the jellyfish league so should get some coins in 3 days when the league ends, I'm in GB as a guild as it was the biggest one and was quick to join however there doesn't seem to be much co-operation within the guild so I solo'd the level 10-11 test which was a nightmare trying to kill 4 1.1million hp ships by myself but I spared a few thousand of the burning ice ammo to speed it up, but I did it and got another 20 voodoo's

The level 3 Voodoo priest is 300k Pearls, Is there an event where he is available in the Cove?
    Same with the commander he's 250k pearls which doesn't seem worth the investment unless it does become available in the cove.

I had a Taurus map spare from ages ago and i finished that and got a nice cancer hull for 14 days +75k hp I also managed to bag myself a voodoo deck from mojos which was a nice surprise haha

So for my pearls I'll buy a few cannon slots now since the next Castle day isn't for another month?

Also wish i'd known about the ELP boost for the basic design because I just equipped all my gems and I dont fancy paying 20k pearls to unequip them all haha

Question - Does ELP get reset each month? - I had a 3Day ELP x2 Bonus so I'm at 2mill ELP now

I've hit a block with the Destroy 4 Shipwrecks Quest (Level 11), I cant find them - If i remember correctly they used to be an Event only thing? If this is the case How am i supposed to get around it or will i be stuck waiting months till a quest with shipwrecks shows up

14. *KRUCHY*

*KRUCHY* Forum Duke

Hey @Sкуℓιηєя ,

dont know if you are aware bro , but ... Competitor coins are given out for all servers not only the one you play on m8. If you go to League rankings you can click in top right corner to display All servers ranking list. This is true ranking , not the one you looking into ^^
    [​IMG]

Thats good ^^ we will be able to meet each other on TS haha :D
    No , lvl 3 priest and Commander can only be bought in Tawern -> Pirates , however there is an option to lower the price , to do that there are three option's. 1. Buy buy discount / rabate pack ( -25 % off ) 2. Premium membership ( -5% off ) 3. Guild islands ( up to -10% off )
    So if you have all of these listed above you end up payin 40% less.

But personally ... if i were you I wouldn't pay much attention to my VP at all , same with Commander ( hes worth to have on some events or when you are lvl 21+ but thats it )

No , rankings reset but ELP that you gained stays on your ship.
    Destroy ? I rather say you need to collect them :)
    I do belive you talk about a quest from 11-SH with you took from Sigurd Lundgren, and it is to collect Shipwrecks m8.
    Shipwreck is an glitter in a shape of sunken ship.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  15. Sкуℓιηєя

Sкуℓιηєя Junior Expert

Ahhhh that makes a lot more sense haha im 1038 in overall league ranking so i'll try jump the extra few ranks if i can and i can't believe i didn't realise it was talking about the glitter not the Monster NPC haha thanks! I think thats everything I need to know for now :D got a lot of work ahead of me haha
    Thank you all for your help

16. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

My apologises for not being clearer in that thread, by Elite Ship giving 10% ELP I mean't any Elite Design. So any ship or design which is not purchasable with Gold provides a 10% ELP Bonus.

Swift

17. Pagan_Spirit

awww. :(
    well thanks for the clearup. I totally misunderstood that.

18. Pagan_Spirit

- I take it you're in the England 1 server?
    > I'm also GB, so now at least I wont overbid u in the Market ;)
    > dont know how many of us use TS, I dont fo one, then again I believe a few others are (also) on chat ban, thus the slow communications
    > GB has good alliances and you will be sunk a lot less.

- Castle Days: not too sure when the next one is, but approximately 1.5 months is a good forecast.

- oh, and if you're ever unsure or stuck on a quest, most answers are to be found in the forum, you just gotta look a bit (especially in the SF Bible).

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.