need help with cannons

Discussion in 'Help' started by ntc1010, Sep 18, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntc1010

ntc1010 Forum Apprentice

I have 321 cannon slots.
    I got 200 doomhammers level 1,10 doomhammers level 0,the rest being filled with voodoo cannons level 0.I'm planning to get 50 painbringers level 0 and 150 devastators level 1.Which cannons should I use and should I upgrade some of my doomhammers?

2. -pysa-*

-pysa-* Junior Expert

use the dooms and pain, uppgrad devester and use voodoo as reserve cannons

3. ntc1010

ntc1010 Forum Apprentice

but don't painbringers only work if they are the only ones equipped?

4. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

You are mostly correct here they are more effective the more you have, in the case you have described the 50 painbringers will be weaker in both damage and dps than lv1 dooms/devs so unless you plan on getting more I would not bother.

As for what you should run in your setup, I'd go with:

-150 dev lv1s
    -171 doom lv1s

And then upgrade the dooms to lv2 as much as you can

This is all based on the base value for these cannons, your results can and will vary depending on the rest of your build

EDIT: My info on painbringers is incorrect I'll recalculate and get back to you.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  5. ntc1010

ntc1010 Forum Apprentice

it only took 3 months and a half to get a reply haha :p
    my current setup is 180 devs level 3,180 dooms level 4 and the rest being painbringers level2

6. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

Wow damn didn't even notice but I think I can help you out haha, read your post and realised I was calculating painbringers all wrong, they're actually pretty damn strong, if you can post as much info as possible about the rest of your setup, so like total cannons, castles, skills, literally anything that has an impact on damage as well as the cannons you have available (even include voodoo/firestorms) I can tell you what the absolute optimal cannons to equip are.

I'll tell you now painbringers are a nightmare to account for, finding the ratio of them to other cannons is practically impossible without some sort of automation which I have finally been able to figure out but man it's not pretty :p

7. ntc1010

ntc1010 Forum Apprentice

163 devs level 3, 214 dooms level 4, 49 painbringers level 1 currently on my ship.Not gonna list the rest of them because these are my main ones.However, I have 40 painbringers level 1 and 19 level 0 cannons sitting around in my storage.The next chance I get I'm gonna upgrade them to level 2 so I can fit more.Or do you reckon it would be better to swap 40 devs for 40 painbringers??
    Castles are full(have all of the most used ones)
    Skills are 7/7/6 currently working on maxim the damage tree(only need 25 more points in range).

8. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

Right, without knowing your specific gems it's difficult to get a truly accurate result however at a best estimate you'd be best off;

For best Damage per hit: Replacing as many devs as possible with lv1 pains, i.e 123 devs lv3, 214 dooms lv4, 89 pain lv1.

For best Damage Per Second(DPS): Same as above but use your spare Lv0 Pains too, will be slighty less efficient on ammo but superior for PvP fights. 104 Dev Lv3, 214 Doom Lv4, 19 Pain Lv0, 89 Pain Lv1

If you want to upgrade cannons, upgrading your lv0 pains will give you the most bang for your buck, then go for devs 3>4, pains 1>2 is an expensive upgrade and barely adds much to either damage or DPS.

Take this with a a grain of salt as again I don't know your exact setup. Crit chance, damage and ammo type can greatly effect how useful each cannon type is.

If you want any more things factored in let me know and I'll get around to it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.