New Badges

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Destruction, Feb 16, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Would you like to see these ranks imlemented?

1. Yes

78.6%
  2. No

21.4%
  1. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Good afternoon all,

I would like to share an idea with you all and see what your feedback is.

Seafight is a game that follows a relatively straight forward idea. You build up your account and then use what you have built to battle other players and emerge victorious. This is all very well for the vast majority of players but it is important to remember that with over 40 million registered accounts, not everybody has the same game style.

There are many aspects to this game which have developed over the years that players can focus on, which can be demonstrated by how many ranks there are in the leaderboards. Players can focus on fighting more and pushing their BP and PvP ranks up or lean more towards the PvE element of the game and spend their time playing events and scrolls, boosting their PvE Hit Points rank in the process. Players could even choose the Repair route, spending money on Life Preservers and pearls on Repair Cannons to give their teammates the best support in a fight.

My suggestion here surrounds rewarding players for more than just Battle Points and EP/ELP, but for what they enjoy doing. Players currently have two badges they can display on their ship being their Pirate Rank which is not optional, and then an selection on the right they can choose from such as Battle Points or Years of Piracy.

Although the left-hand badge focuses heavily on a players EP and ELP, the only badge on the right that players can actually push towards increasing is the Battle Points. This is good for many players as fighting is a paramount aspect of the game, however for players that still play actively but focus more on the passive route (@Grand-mariner™ here's looking at you buddy! ;)) they don't get any badges to really show off.

My suggestion is to introduce more Rank Badges, similar to Battle Points ranks, but for rankings that are currently ignored such as PvP and PvE damage, Repaired Hit Points, Boardings, Admiral Points, and Killed Monsters just to name a few.

These would work the same way as Battle Points. Players would be able to reach certain thresholds for each ranking and be awarded with the corresponding badge for the right hand side of their ship when they reach it, as well as a small reward. I think the rewards should vary depending on the rank too. For example, a scroll ranking would be dominated by botters and would just feed the botters even more rewards. With Battle Points you reach stages that give you a permanent advantage such as new figureheads, access to new ammunition, and boosters. Rewarding these to scroll rankings I think would be foolish, but to add them into PvP, Repair and Monster rankings maybe would be more beneficial. It would promote the lesser botted areas of the game and with the Monsters it would encourage players to focus on an area that they often try to put off.

I think this idea would bring a lot more diversity to the game. I have heard some brief details of a rumoured Trophy System within the game that perhaps may fill this role, but until we hear more about it we should not assume thusly.

I had a few ideas of bonuses players could receive that would compare with the Agwe Battle Booster for example as a permanent bonus such as:
    • Increasing Harpoon Damage by 5% after killing 1,000 Monsters
    • Increasing the Maximum Heal Cap by 10% after repairing a total of 100,000,000 Hitpoints on Players.
    • Increase Crew slots by 10 after boarding 500 players.
    These would naturally need reviewing but they're just to give some insight to the sort of ideas.

The other thought was to have the rankings similar to the Pirate Rank function. The highest ranked players would receive a corresponding badge. 1st would have a golden badge designed to the theme of that ranking followed by silver for 2nd and bronze for 3rd. This could for example be a set of crossed swords for Boardings, or a potion for Repaired Hit Points, however I think the previous method of rewards and badges at certain stages, exactly how Battle Points is done, would be the most appropriate.

I appreciate this would take a lot of work so I am definitely expecting a load of comments about how BigPoint should be focussing their time on fixing bugs and bots but hey ho!

Let me know what you think,

~Des

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  2. timarpaul1

timarpaul1 Forum Pro

and a badge for old ones:)) whit a crutch

3. frankthetank1974

frankthetank1974 Board Analyst

they get a oap badge :rolleyes:;);) or is that a bus pass :p

4. jokar_uae

jokar_uae Someday Author

no, also, what is imlemented?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    Destruction likes this.
  5. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

I would rather have a Blue Peter badge. They meant a lot more, had more benefit and were awarded through honest deeds. I am also certain they will be around for a lot longer than any pretentious Seafight badge.;)

[​IMG]

For anyone who remembers what they were. If not, Google is your friend!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  6. HMS-Harp

HMS-Harp Forum Apprentice

Blue Peter badge looks good to me. Honest deeds/Honest players competing the right way and not via bots and exploits otherwise any victory is hollow.

Walleye and Grand-mariner™ like this.
  7. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

The badge for old ones I think is shown well enough in the Year ranking (Which I assume you will have as 10 years now), as well as the lower ID. Personally I don't think there needs to be another badge to show how long players have had their accounts.

Sigh, I proof read the entire body but didn't think to check that... GG

A Blue Peter badge would be nice indeed. Regarding your comment about being earned through honest deeds, although true, reflects that these suggested ranks would be pushed.

I have tried to focus on ranks that would no be typically pushed such as EP or any commonly botted aspect including all scrolls. Admittedly at the end of the day there will always be some way to bot any ranking no matter how inefficient it may be but my intentions were to reward players for ranks that can feasibly be reached through legitimate play. One example of this would be Repair Hit Points. Players cannot repair the majority of NPCs now (Or any at all I think...?) leaving only players and towers. Both of these require facing off against real-life players in fights. Technically this could be pushed through allies shooting down and repairing towers but I don't see this as being reliable as you're left very exposed.

Thanks,

~Des

jokar_uae likes this.
  8. frankthetank1974

can be fixed ....3 ships 1 repping 1 ship shooting down 1 been shot ,,, just like some did with the pvp hit points rank ....one more off the list:rolleyes: or dare I say 1 shooting towers 1 repping them 1 repping towers :rolleyes::rolleyes: two off the list ...
    I can see were your coming from but they can and will cheat any rank the only answer sort or long term is to just get rid of all theses ranks until a time were cheat free ones can be implemented ;)

9. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Hi,

It's no secret that any rank can be botted or "pushed" one way or another. With towers your method would work but it would be so long. If you shoot an allied tower that tower will hit you back every time you are close until restart, regardless of whether you go underlight, log out, leave the guild or anything. This just means that if they did want to do this with somebody shooting down a tower for another player to repair then they would get shot by the tower and constantly have to repair. Also, this would be long and require an absolute ton of ammo for next to no benefit... The PvP one though I do get, and there's not really a way around it unfortunately apart from the fact it takes up a load of ammo to increase a rank that gives you nothing.

Fun Maths Time!!
    On Repaired Hit Points I am currently 3rd. I have full Level 2 Life Preservers and can therefore repair a tower for a maximum of 130k. If the tower is low enough health I can do that with 1 Cannonball. To reach first position, repairing 130k per shot, it would take me 106,630 shots. This is the equivalent of 81 hours of non-stop repairing to climb from 3rd to 1st (or 345 Hours for players repairing the maximum free amount of 30800), so I don't think the odd 10-20m here and there from pushing will really have an effect on the overall ranks. I think the high ranked players would be the ones on the defending side of an island attack constantly repairing teammates and towers.

~Des

P.S. If it wasn't obvious yet, I really like repping people...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  10. frankthetank1974

one more .. cough cough ranking remind us how the top 3 got it over night :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::eek:

11. CSS_Shenandoah

CSS_Shenandoah Forum Apprentice

I think you should get a blue falcon badge for chaining.