Support New server merge

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Ɗяєɗɗєɗ, Apr 26, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ɗяєɗɗєɗ

Ɗяєɗɗєɗ Padavan

Okay so i have been thinking about the current server status, German and UK and my question is,

Can we merge UK server with america and merge Germany with Germany? it would make more sense to me due to the language barrier and overall a more active server.

who else would like to see this happen?

2. *KRUCHY*

*KRUCHY* Forum Duke

Hey ,

it has been said numerous times on chat and other source of information that there will be no merge , everything stays like it is right now

3. battle

battle Someday Author

no thanks

4. neiden

neiden Forum Greenhorn

I hate the merge's overall... but yes that would be good to the UK.
    Makes no sence to be among germans where we do not speak the same language and we even need people who know to translate to others germans... Seafight ain't an English course... its a game so yeah I agree with that idea.

5. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

All servers should be set up by different language, English, for example primarily, USA, England, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and so on, Spanish would incorporate many countries around the globe, Europe being comprised of many countries, would have there own because most can speak several languages there. Although it would be left up to the player which server to join. Just a thought.

6. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

I have said this a few times when asked about this subject:

I was a big supporter for the Server Merge, I wanted the Large Option 1 Merge. I thought it would be fun. The American Server did the Option 1 Merge, it is fun, it also suffers with really bad Lag since (hopefully fixed by todays Server Migration).

Now, I say I was wrong. Looking back, I feel like it 'killed' the game faster. Most Servers (with the exception of a few) are now at the same size, or smaller than when they started because of the lack of being able to farm, the lag, the more botters/cheats, the technical problems.

We now also find ourselves in a strange situation. You have some servers which are massive, like the American Server, then you have other Servers which are tiny. That causes problems for SF to balance events and features. This event for example, some people on the England 1 Server are up to 35mill Burning Ice Ammo because they have been able to Earn enough pearls to buy that. You can not earn no where near as much on the American Server within the same time frame.

We are also in the situation that it feels like some Servers need Merging again to keep the game fun. Well I propose a different situation.

Those from way back when will remember the Jackpot Battle. Those from even further back will remember the Old Jackpot Battle. In this JPB what would happen would be every account which entered the JPB would be sent to 1 map, to fight every other player, regardless of Server, the last person standing would take the money. That is basically what I think would be better for this game now.

Let me be clear, not the money, not just 1 map. I propose that SF makes a series of 'Battle Maps' where maybe there is a few really good NPCs which payout really well (to attract players), and every player from every server can join these maps, fight and have fun. If they don't like getting sunk then they do not have to join that map, and can continue playing on their server like normal. As servers get smaller, decrease the amount of maps so the effect is lessened.

As I said, they used to have this feature back in like 2007, I don't see why they would not be able to do something like this now.

-Arky

7. ᏕȊƝ⚡️ƁᎪᎠ

ᏕȊƝ⚡️ƁᎪᎠ Junior Expert

i agree. we merged with SPAIN now Spain+ / Scandinavian1. and thats not good.. so why in hell should uk and us or other english speaking get better merges???

8. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

I have mixed feelings about this. There's no debating that many of the Server Merges seemed to be an odd combination. I personally do not understand why the 4 German Servers were not merged into 1, and the UK was not merged into Global Europe or American servers. I am sure BigPoint has their reasons for this but they are unknown to me and anybody else I spoke to. That being said, I do enjoy the current merge, I have met a lot of great people and allies, and the German servers have brought around some enemies who can actually fight, so there is more of a challenge now, and I really like that.

The problem with merging now is that we have all seen that the game now is about as active as it was before the merge. So many players quit the game, and its predominantly those who really enjoy fighting that remain. I can't help but feel another merge would just do the same. However, ARKY's idea I really like. I feel like at the beginning it would be guilds or alliances from 1 server joining together, and slowly over time those alliances would start to incorporate guilds from other servers, and every now and then players that you only see in that map will all be joining into TS with you to take over the Battle Maps, bringing what I hope to be some huge fights, a lot of fun, and a lot of Battle Points, without committing every player to it all the time like the merge did.

Thanks,

~Des

A-R-K-Y likes this.
  9. Corsair_Bill

Corsair_Bill Forum Connoisseur

I don't believe that another server merge would benefit anyone, player or programmer alike, and I'm not posting in order to flame the idea either, as Arky and others may remember way back before the big merge, I was against it then as well . . I've been thru merges on other games, and such a move is only a temporary solution. If BP wants players to return to the game, and new players to join, then BP must alter some of the ways Seafight is run Not to mention how players interact with one another.
    From what I've seen, BP needs to focus on reducing lag where possible and either remove the players who bot, or contact the programmers who created the bots and hire them to work for BP, these two things are what I believe are the biggest problems with the game.

Just my opinion, some may like it, some won't

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Destruction and Loki1621 like this.
  10. michaelwells

michaelwells Forum Ambassador

Fix everything that is malfunctioning, for better game play. Let's leave server merges alone.

Corsair_Bill likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.