New server with PvE gameplay!

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Seren, Jun 29, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

What do you feel about this new server

1. I like it

2. I want a server with PvE only

3. I don’t like it at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

New server with PvE gameplay!

Ahoy Pirates,

The team is thinking about providing a new server. But before we go into detailed planning, we would like to ask you about the following idea: The new server could be a PvE server with the opportunity to choose if you want to label your ship with a “PvP” flag. This would show that you are willing to play PvP with all those who are also flagged as “PvP” ships.

If you don’t like huge battles and instead you like to sail around doing quests and collect items, just stay in PvE mode with your ship.

Please let us know what you think of this idea.

Your Seafight team

Rabbid likes this.
  2. abah2

abah2 Active Author

Does changing over to a new server mean we'll lose our ship's equipment, gems, pets, castles, skills, etc. and have to start all over with a new ship? Once we declare as either PvE or PvP, can we switch back and forth? Finally, can we switch back to our first server without incurring a penalty? Thanks..

3. Graverattack

Graverattack Padavan

good question

4. JohnRackham

JohnRackham Guest

Ahoy,

Right, it would be new server.
    It´s just an idea:
    So nothing has been decided yet. What would you like?

5. Øschl☢Vs☢кєbab[TĦX]

Øschl☢Vs☢кєbab[TĦX] Forum Inhabitant

Hello its a good idea :D just dont reset our bp or ranks etc ;)... Ty

6. JohnRackham

JohnRackham Guest

Ok, once again, it would be a complete new server, so new accounts (without any BP, ranks etc).

7. Psycho

Psycho Forum Greenhorn

1000x no! At times it is already hard to find fights, this would only move more people away. Also this game is just flat out not designed around PVE. Someone comes up and steals last shot from you? Sink them. Raid is too populated sink people out. Someone is talking trash to you in chat? Sink them until they cannot do anything but sit in the safehaven. One other thing that is fun is if someone is beating you in a ranking, go sink them a bunch of times so they cannot progress in the rankings.

To add onto this, I think the leagues and event rankings being combined across multiple mega servers is wrong. If someone is competing with me for a ranking, I should be able to go sink them.

If you do implement this, dont call that server Seafight, call it Seafarm or Seasnuggle. Also if it gets implemented do not combine league or any other rankings with the other servers!

8. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Hey,

So right off the bat I am going to say I voted: "I like it". However, I do have some concerns.

Firstly, I enjoy the PvP of this game, I am not one of those players who like to do Quests each and every day, Events, etc. However, there is a huge huge amount of players who really do just enjoy the PvE of this game, they do not like to fight or do not like to be sunk. This server would be brilliant for them, allowing them to play the game how they like without being forced into PvP.

New Players. Now we all know how hard it is for new players in this game, being constantly sunk, unable to build up, forced into fights, etc. By creating a server which allows them to choose if they would like to engage in PvP or PvE content, you are helping to eliminate this problem. They will no longer be chain sunk over and over, they can compete in events, and if they choose then they could engage in some PvP and see what it is like.

One thing which I think would be 100% needed, would be the ability to change from a PvE player to a PvP player and vice versa on a regular basis. Forcing a player into a particular play style on this new server is unfair and may not suit their needs at each point in time. Giving them the ability to change is by far the best option. However, there does need to be some sort of cooldown implemented with this to avoid situations where a player would sink another and then immediately switch to PvE. This could be done with two types of cooldowns, last pvp encounter (e.g. 10 minutes, this prevents the situation above), and the second being since last change (PvP -> PvE or PvE -> PvP).

Should islands exist on this server then firstly only players with the PvP flag should be able to attack islands. Monroe Robinson hiring fleets, this would also need to only be doable by players with a PvP flag so players have the chance to sink them and protect their island. Wether Islands should be in the server or not I am not sure, they are mainly a PvP feature, however they do provide good bonuses for PvE players.

I am absolutely certain that the League and Event Rankings should be 100% independent of different types of servers. That meaning that two servers of this type can be linked together, but not a new server and an old style server. This is because it is completely unfair for the players on the normal server, they have to fight their enemies etc while advancing in Rank, and on the PvE server they would not have to deal with that.

One issue is Bots. Bots are on all servers currently so it is highly likely that there will be bots on this new server too. However, I do not believe that is a good reason to deny this type of server to the players who want it. As mentioned in my previous paragraph, as long as this server is not competing with the normal servers it shall be fine. With that said something should still be done on removing/preventing bots altogether.

I agree with Psycho who posted above with one thing; this game is heavily focused on PvP opportunities at the moment, including the examples he/she gave. So with that in mind, the goal of this new server would need to be different. A lot of players currently try to improve their ship so they can fight the best they can, on this new server that would not be quite as motivating I would imagine. So new goals, ranks, etc would need to be put in place for players to aim towards (I don't just mean keep upgrading their boat) and to keep the server entertaining. What these would look like, I personally do not know.

Something I am excited to see is because we would have two types of servers, I would love for content to be created for both types. The PvE server would have more PvE content, whereas the PvP server could have more PvP content, this could be as simple as Quests on the PvE server being NPC related and quests on the normal server a mix of PvE and PvP quest. The normal servers could have a PvP Event like Marauder Days, and the PvE server a PvE event like the Pirate Lords event to win a few skins. This is one of the main positives for me, you would be able to tailor content depending on players likes. There is a reason why a lot of games separate their PvE and PvP, and that's because they are hard to mash together with the result being liked by both sides.

One concern the few people I have spoke to regarding this have raised would be players leaving their current server to go play this new server. This would leave servers which a lot are all considered "dead" by the PvPers in an even worse situation. However, I think it would leave those on every server who do like PvP, and also there is the potential for a Server Merge to place these players together.

Overall, I think this would be a great thing for this game. We are all aware currently of the players leaving and there being very very few new players sticking around. This new type of server could be just the thing which will allow them to build up and stick with the game. Then with the potential for custom content for each server, that will help each type of player do what they want to do with being forced into the other type.

-Arky

9. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

I'd be fine with this. People who don't want to PvP and only care about PVE content can have their own server. I'm not into that but I wouldn't stop PVE players from having a server they can enjoy. ;)

buriedtreasure likes this.
  10. buriedtreasure

buriedtreasure Forum Greenhorn

great idea, it would not move people away, it would keep/give some players that peace and relaxation they want, thinking anyone would abandon there primary account to start fresh is crazy, it just allows more players to play at there own pace, which in long run will lesson the amount of players, starting - playing 1month - and quiting. because they'll get accumsted, and many might then start on the pve servers and be willing to spend a few $$, now that they have a good feel.
    maybe a small subscription fee would be a good idea (5$-10$ for 3months) this might help keep the server from being over poppulated with useless/abandoned accounts.

11. ßOMßER

ßOMßER Junior Expert

Instead of a PVE server, why not have an old school server like many people have suggested over the years. I'm talking when you could range people and it would actually take a little skill, not just who has the biggest ship. If your looking for more players I bet alot of people would come back for that.

Adultide, Lil`Wolf, pieislife and 5 others like this.
  12. Codo

Codo Forum Apprentice

Actually the real problem it's : you need to pay!

The skill exist on this game but money do the 3/4 of a fight...

Why don't do like world of warcraft? You farm in pve you get items and use it on the pvp ? It's Simple... Swap pve,pvp can be good!
    Seafight became un P2W and create a new server don't will give the desire to old players to comeback.
    The old seafight was the best and so more skilled than now.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Lil`Wolf, Lady.Wolf and Loki1621 like this.
  13. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

I've wanted to see this for years. +1000

A Classic Seafight Server.

Hell, I know about 30-40 ppl who would pay a subscription for a classic seafight server. Old school Seafight was so fun you could play all day.
    Current version of seafight is too much P2W, so it makes the PvP boring. The real problem isn't with PVE, it's PVP.

I'd like to see a poll for those who would like a Classic Seafight Server. ;)

Adultide, eric-shun, Lil`Wolf and 3 others like this.
  14. Codo

Codo Forum Apprentice

Yep ;) A server old school can be good :)

Lil`Wolf and Lady.Wolf like this.
  15. munchkin80

munchkin80 Forum Greenhorn

No

16. soaptasteok

soaptasteok Active Author

guys, this will be a good idea because bots will just stay on that server and they wont show up on our normal servers!

This is a good way to get rid of botters give them this and our normal servers will be bot free!

but yeah i agree with psycho it they should have their own league and not mixed with the normal servers

[Merged]

Last edited by moderator: Jun 30, 2018
  17. USS_Defender(CAG-01)

USS_Defender(CAG-01) Exceptional Talent

The proposal lacks specifics and appears to be a compensatory measure for new players, and even veteran players not being able to level up in most aspects of the game. There are several perceivable aspects of this game that attribute to this. The requirements for advancing in rankings are skewed to accommodate a specific group of players, primarily those who shoot for BP and have ships designed specifically for that purpose, through various forms of methodology. Achieving huge amounts of BP is the primary game play premise now. It was not always the way it is now. Instead of a specific server it would benefit the game play if more consideration were given to other aspects of the game for leveling up in the rankings. For example: Currently the advancement in rankings is primarily a function of EP, ELP, and BP, add in Repair Points, Monster Kills, Quests, Etc. and you get a whole new game play that would go far in eliminating the current one of excessive bottom feeding. In addition, a more consistent and equitable approach to Test quest would go far in player retention, it is obvious that some players can advance in an unbelievable short amount of time, considering the requirements in the Seafight Bible and the difficulty in meeting those requirements when playing a reasonable amount time. Reasonable being 2 to 4 hours a session. Lastly, the current environment of Mega Guilds makes it virtually impossible for smaller Guilds or individuals to have a decent game. The Mega Guilds are effectively a collection of smaller guilds under the domination of the major Island holding Guild. When Islands were the sovereign territory of one specific Guild and Guilds were limited in membership the game play was considerably better and considerably more equitable.

Lil`Wolf and Bawdyn like this.
  18. seaconquerer

seaconquerer Forum Greenhorn

I agree with Defender on the points of MEGA GUILD.It completely robs small guilds of any opportunity to grow.I am planning something on it i think i will post it soon here on IDEAL POOL.

19. babe-newport

babe-newport Forum Greenhorn

its a brilliant suggestion totally support arkys views the pvp/pve flag is cool. however as in the old days if the ship is a pve based and flagged ship then the ship wrecks ect which that ship is engageing should be only linked to that player whilst they are attacking it this will prevent a steal situation. naturally if the monster/ship is not shot by that player for a short period then it should automactically be open to other players and the original player recieveing nothing basically like when the game first came out overall i support this idea 100%

20. stargirl5

stargirl5 Forum Apprentice

Bp should not have removed the PVE map in 1/1. Many players have leaved the game because of this!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    UncleBear likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.