New server with PvE gameplay!

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Seren, Jun 29, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

What do you feel about this new server

1. I like it

2. I want a server with PvE only

3. I don’t like it at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SazerKING

SazerKING Junior Expert

I don´t see why you need to create a new server for this, why don´t you make this option available for all players regardless of the server they choose to play on. It seems simple, you are allowed to change if you want to play in PVE or PVP mode but like with changing the name of your boat, you can only change your pve/pvp mode once a month or 3moths. Can it really be that hard ???

Lil`Wolf likes this.
  2. They don't need a new server to do this. Can make a badge for you to put on to let play PVE and take off to play PVP, they can do it to any server seems like just a way to try and milk more money from some here.

Lil`Wolf and Eternal-Servant like this.
  3. Eternal-Servant

Eternal-Servant Forum Apprentice

i like too but when players build their ships they can join on pvp also. I agree with this

Lil`Wolf likes this.
  4. Eternal-Servant

Eternal-Servant Forum Apprentice

that's right

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Lil`Wolf likes this.
  5. No_Mercy

No_Mercy Junior Expert

Before you make a new server I think you need to make a few server merges fill up the dying servers with players

6. **OUTBACK**

**OUTBACK** Forum Connoisseur

To be fair, I believe that would destroy all the current servers because everyone coud just pick PvE and you will have nobody to fight with.
    Fighting is still (for me) the reason why I am playing this game. Build your ship to fight against the others. On a PvE server I do not think there will be any reason to build your ship that much because what will you have to achieve? Except being like ''Oh I'm first on EXP, First on boarding rank'' I don't think there is anything what you coud do.

Better in that case then make one or two more PvE maps where this players can play like the old 1 maps

As my conclusion is: a PvE server would not fit with the game since it's made to be build your ship and fight against other players. On a PvE server this would not be the case.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Lil`Wolf and -Blood♥ like this.
  7. SazerKING

SazerKING Junior Expert

Everyone could change to PVE mode, but if you can´t change back to PVP for a long time it would be boring, regardless of which the point Im trying to make is why bother trying to create a new server with this option in the first place. If they want to change the gameplay they would need to remodel the entire game if implemented sucessfully.

BP should restructure the cost of castles,skills expansion slots etc because you shouldn´t have to farm for years to catch up. The price to reach 70skills is atm over 35mil pearls, why people have a demand for a pve server is because atm they have no chance against stronger players. An alternative to a pve server would be a pearl booster for new players for maybe 3months so they can faster advance in the game because currently it would be impossible to catch up in the game without playing 24-7, botting or spending a lot of $.

Lil`Wolf and *nderic* like this.
  8. ThunderStruck!!

ThunderStruck!! Forum Apprentice

Yes make a pve server, what a great idea, then you can rename the game "Seafarm, the pay to play game!"

9. =308Marksman=

=308Marksman= Regular

I feel that I am in the "Once Bitten,Twice shy" category. And I know I am not the only one.

By the time everything is/was said and done and all the tweaks and adjustments were made to
    my account for what ever the excuse of the day was, I still feel what I got and what I paid for are still 2 separate things.

I have no interest in starting over. Either on a new server or an existing one.

Lady.Wolf, Lil`Wolf and Loki1621 like this.
  10. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

The issue I have with this particular suggestion, and the issue I had with the 1 Maps being PvE full stop, truly ask yourself, how helpful are the 1 Maps when set to PvE?

The worst paying NPCs are located in them maps - not good enough for players to build up.
    Events are not in them maps - not good for players who would like to build up.
    The Chests and Glitters (especially now there is only 1 level 1 map) are extremely limited with not a good time/reward factor - again, not good for players who would like to build up.

In my opinion, the 1 Maps being PvE used to be good years ago, but now, it provides little to no actual benefit, even the first 20 levels being set to PvE wouldnt be a huge benefit.

This new server with this new system however, they would be able to access all of the PvE content that they desire, actual good paying NPCs, access to Raids where normally the big players would sink them out, able to shoot Event Ships without being sunk. Then when they feel like some fun, or they are strong enough to fight, they have the option to do just that.

I am strongly against this.

The reason would be that as you can see from this poll, currently it is about half and half, some players want this, some don't (its about similar on most other language forums too). Lets not force this choice onto current players and risk losing half of the game population at the start. Give players the opportunity to go and test the new system, start afresh on this new server if they so choose, see what its like, see what the SF Team does with the setup like this.

Also, give the SF Team a chance to use this new server as a "Test Server" so to speak, make their changes on gameplay, goals, etc, see how players react; do they continue to play after a period of time has passed? Do they regret starting on that server? Do they enjoy their time spent on that server? Is PvP still a regular thing?

If the answer to them questions seems positive, then and only then I would suggest having a vote on a per server basis if they would like to adopt the new system, but that would be far far far into the future in my opinion.

As I said in my first post, the fact is this game appears to be on a downward trend in terms of player count. Unless something is done, which will have to be a drastic change, potentially this, then Seafight will not be able to retain new players. Some players have expressed concern about their current server, again, I am not worried. Most players will not want to start again in truth, so the current servers will not get underpopulated that much more than what they are. What this will do though, as I have said, is be a potential game saver, and I for one think it should be given a chance.

-Arky

11. Loki162

Loki162 Padavan

I voted no but will vote yes if it is free to play. That way people can't BUY big monster boats they have to build and earn them so everyone is basicly even

Lil`Wolf likes this.
  12. ♥§ea§♥

♥§ea§♥ Advanced

Good idea but we should be able to transfer our boats from our current servers to this server. No way am i starting over again.

Lil`Wolf and Corsair_Bill like this.
  13. §inker......

§inker...... Someday Author

why not just turn this server into that, it would be tons better

14. =308Marksman=

=308Marksman= Regular

Precisely why we dont need a new server.

If I wanted to be treated as a lab rat I can always sign up for clinical test trials....get paid to do so.

People are sick and tired of the constant manipulations ...whether its in the form of new content,quests,events,maps
    items brought in, items that no longer work, game features that no longer work,dialing back event ship payouts once the event is midway thru.

This game has been open for over 10 plus yrs now...and still nothing has been done about the 2 biggest complaints
    there is. Botts and Lag.

The time for deciding on what direction to go is long past done.

Lady.Wolf and Lil`Wolf like this.
  15. frankthetank1974

frankthetank1974 Board Analyst

there has never been a huge battle for ten years ,due to the fact bigpoint turned this game into a farming farce !:oops: what planted do theses people live on ???:confused:

Rabbid likes this.
  16. Fact if have PVE all bot's will run 24/7 with no fear of being sunk again another reward for exploiters. This will be calle PVE bot server? really what all servers are 90% now so why need a new server for bots?

Lil`Wolf likes this.
  17. No_Mercy

No_Mercy Junior Expert

Okay so you make a Pve server fair enough everyone bots and there’s no pvp what’s the point in building yourself up then you know this server will still have the issue of being dead and lag sort every other server out then think of a new server ms6 is dying why not merge a server with that sort the lag out sort everything thing out with this game then make a new server pointless bringing a new server out with all the issues

Lil`Wolf likes this.
  18. UnderTheHat

UnderTheHat Forum Apprentice

That's the silly idea you could remember. This is just one way you can let the robots run without being sank by others for when the player really wants to play turn on the PVP mode and play.
    It is a fact that older players tend to be less aggressive, for example. Not everyone likes to play the same way. It is also true that the producers of the game value PVP too much, forcing situations that lead to confrontation in the game, which ultimately leads guilds to anti-gambling.
    The reward of evolution in the scale of battle points also does not help, leading to situations of abuse (about weaker players) and lots of cheating.
    A good idea could be to turn the safe harbor into normal PVE game maps. This would allow players to take refuge when they are too attacked without having to stop playing. Of course, the evolution of the game and the daily quests would force everyone to play on the PVP maps as well. But it would be a much better solution than keeping the maps as low as PVE as before. It would allow even the weaker players to progress through the game instead of staying quartered on the lower maps.

19. Corsair_Bill

Corsair_Bill Forum Connoisseur

I've yet to vote, but as it is, I'm leaning towards yes, merely wanting to add a thought and see how it's received . .

I do like the concept of a PVE world, but I also like the occasional pvp, providing I'm battling someone near my own level ship-wise . . I farm pearls mainly to build my boat stronger so I can fight, which seems to be my eternal struggle these days, especially now I'm waiting for the cabin boy debacle is still being drawn out, having a badge that shows I'm mostly farming would be great.
    My biggest concern for switching between PVE and PVP would be the cooldown . . there would need to be a pretty sizable timer on it to make it worthwhile, say a 14 day timer between switching, this would prevent someone from shooting players and switching back to PVE to avoid be sunk out and vice versa. I'd like the idea of keeping it in the regular servers though, since that's where fighting should be, and since all farming goes towards building a boat for fighting, the option should be available for the regular servers as well.

Anyway, that is my take on the idea, some may like while others, not so much . . we mostly farm pearls so we can improve our boats so we can fight, if one wants to help the new players as well as those who can't reach the lofty maps for the big fights, limit the amount of times a player can be chained off the water, make hunting those in the lower maps less appealing to be shot out, monitor the maps with actual real mods on the water to watch for botters and ban them outright (that's one of the biggest complaints on the game these days) . . mini rant done for now, apologies if I skewed the OP a bit.

Lil`Wolf likes this.
  20. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

I really don't care what Bigpoint do unless it's a simplification and more of a welcome return to the older style of gameplay, which is not over-complicated or full of pointless expensive cash for sale items that spoil this game. I have not played or spent any cash since around the time I left feedback, nearly a couple of months back and to be honest have not missed the game as it is currently being run.

I shall continue with this boycott until such time, if at all, that the developers start respecting the wishes of their customers on these forums more and taking serious account of such feedback. Until such time, the daily log in bonus will be the only time I have anything further to do with this game as it currently stands.

There is a great life outside this game, I am enjoying doing a host of other activities especially with the saving from the amount of £ Brexit cash I no longer waste on this so called game. Until this game can attract me otherwise then it's a resounding .....Goodbye!!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Lady.Wolf, Lil`Wolf and =308Marksman= like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.