Next Content Patch Focus

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Jumbo76, Jun 1, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jumbo76

Jumbo76 Someday Author

It's always nice to see new content coming to the game, the new levels, npcs and what not. I have always been highly confused why you guys have not taken the time to address the problems with new players. How many possible players do we lose each day because you guys refuse to add any new content for new players?

For instance you added drakir hrell in 13,14,15 and you have players from the 26-40 levels down in the 13 maps where new players should be making pearls. Why do bigger players get pearls from NPC's in maps 25+ levels lower than their level? It always confuses me the amount of times I see new players trying to farm a few pearls and they can't because you have level 40 players taking last shot on drakir.

So for my suggestion, add some content for new players to farm. For every veteran player that quits, no new players stay to replace them resulting in empty seas.

This has been a problem for such a long time and I would like to see you guys at least try to help new players.

Just a quick example, I was helping a new player the other day who bought one of the packs for cannons and he quit already because of how frustrating it is to try and build a boat. You are losing so many potential customers.

There is no reason why a level 25+ should be in lower maps farming pearls.

Add some new content for new players, and stop the new player crisis. :)

HITMEN36. likes this.
  2. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

thank you for the suggestion. I will be sure to pass this on to the design team.

Tex

3. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I agree with the OP that high level ships shouldn't be in the lower maps competing for resources with the lower level ships.

Part of reason for this problem is that there are no places to farm for pearls above 15. At least I haven't seen a ship with enough pearls/HP (that doesn't sink you before you can sink it) to bother with yet at my current level. So, I come down to get pearls.

Similar with gold. The easiest ships to get gold from are Brutal Envoy, so unless you are shooting the level 21+ daily quest, you have to go even lower for gold.

With the old maps and ships the sources of gold and pearls were more dispersed. Now they are concentrated, which means that those maps get ships from all levels in them competing for those resources. And the little guy loses.

*KRUCHY* likes this.
  4. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

Players with lvl 26+ should not get any pearls from NPC's below 20 maps, as they can just go inside Commonwealth raid map for lvl 26+, if they want to farm pearls.

Rabbid likes this.
  5. *KRUCHY*

*KRUCHY* Forum Duke

Hey @Sea-Sea ,

have you ever been in big raid ( 26+ ) ?? Have you seeen amount of players that can be found there ? Hmmm...

6. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

This is what should be done.

Level 26+ Get new drakir with 2,000,000 HP
    Anyone over level 26 should get gold from drakir hrell in 13,14,15.

Simple fix.

There should be no reason that high level boats get pearls low maps.

I would consider this even for event NPCs. This would give new players a real good reason to keep playing.

And don't tell me that high level players have nowhere to farm pearls. I bet most of us don't even remember what it's like to be a new player. We gotta stop being greedy and let the little guys build to keep the seas full.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  7. *KRUCHY*

*KRUCHY* Forum Duke

Hey !

back in the day when i started we had to shot Flying Dutchmans ( ~400 000 HP ! ) to get 250 pearls , there was no draki hrells or anything like that.
    Why do you lot complain i dont get that at all. Right now it is way easier for newcomers to actually acomplish something in this game.
    Need few examples ? Here we go!

1. Login bonus ( + milestone - with pay you cannons sometimes / booty bags ) is way better than it used to be ( before it was 200 pearls + 1 crystal )

2. Pirate tests , back in old days you had to work rly hard in order to move up right now it is just formality

3. Skill tree is more optimised compared to the old one ( right now you can actually get something that may help you out faster than before )

8. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

Just to further some thought in this idea:

Level is not an indicator of strength - it is very feasible that a player can be a high level but not be strong enough to shoot NPCs in the higher maps.

Also, how would you combat the players who would remain a low level deliberately to farm these NPCs? The same issue we had with the Amaterasu Raid for a very long time.

Swift

*KRUCHY* likes this.
  9. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

Yeah but you forget that we can one shot new guys now, we weren't hitting 170k with pearl ammo. We now hit the same amount with gold ammo that we did with pearl ammo.

I am a level 34 but I am going to admit that we shouldn't be in the low maps in the first place. We don't even try to give the new players some space to build anymore. The difference between a max ship now and a new ship is massively different than in 07' - 14~.

Yeah it's nice to have drakir to shoot as a high level player, easy pearls. But nobody has ever cared about keeping new players, only themselves. This is why we have had so many server merges and dead servers again.

I don't understand why high level players want to be in low maps all the time anyway stealing from small ships.

10. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

I would combat maxed ships that stay low level with an EP threshold. Make it like 750,000,000 EP. Once you pass that you no longer get pearls from low levels.

~Just a thought.

11. *KRUCHY*

*KRUCHY* Forum Duke

Hey @Swift ,

100 % agree with what you just said

12. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

As Swift stated EP and lvl do not mean that a boat is strong. I have seen accounts that are high level but need help killing the NPCs up in those maps. Why they level up without being a strong account I do not know. But just like many low players, some high levels do not spend money but play for free thus necessitating their being in maps with NPCs that they can kill. KRUNCHY is also correct in stating that it is much easier for new players to level up and collect pearls. Now crowns are another matter. You can not farm crowns till you are level 25-26 and can do the daily quests to receive a few thousand a day. Content added like most games is aimed at end game players to keep them playing. The almost constant event cycle and NPCs do make it some what easy for new players to farm pearls, but like many things in life, the easier you make it the easier they want it to be.

Tex

Rabbid likes this.
  13. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

It is interesting why some players choose to level up to high levels with help of guild members without having the strength to do it themselves.

I would agree with what you guys are saying about players that are high level and are weak boats. I think the problem is simply putting the main pearl npcs in 3 maps in low levels. I think spreading it out would of made more sense. Like one in 13, 23 and 31 or something like maybe adding them to more maps.

Sure it may look like it's easier for smaller players to farm pearls but do you ever go down to those maps and watch the bigger boats wait for small ships to get drakir to 1 shot than they take it? And the small ships can do nothing. I think bringing rewards back to damage based would actually fix a lot of the problems.

It's pretty toxic to see that behavior from high level players and the way the rewards are set. I understand where some of the weaker players are coming from. The rewards are set up for high level boats to steal from helpless newbs.

Bawdyn likes this.
  14. Jumbo76

Jumbo76 Someday Author

I always find it weird how the seafight community oppose any help for new players. The grind in this game is absolutely atrocious and now unlike old seafight, you can sink all new boats with 2 shots. I play quite a few game and the seafight community is the only one that wants small players to get trolled by high level accounts. 21-40 maps for what? The main pearl npcs are in 13-15. I just don't understand the design. It almost seems utterly crazy that any high level boat would oppose pearl NPC for higher level so lower levels don't have to have their pearls stolen every time they try to shoot a NPC. Mind numbing actually.

Well I just thought I'd throw this idea out there, I feel for all the little guys trying to play this game right now. Unless you are on PVE server. I guess that is the best place to go because a good portion of the community wants you to suffer every time you log on the water. My apologies. :p

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  15. bodean

bodean Forum Pro

i just would like to say that new players should play and test out PVE servers first. they don't have to spend money or drowning all the time. it allows players to figure out the game and all the new implementations that have have been added since the old days. yes. it is called Seafight and if you are in PVE or PVP server you are still fighting either NPC's or other players or both. i have learned alot in the PVE servers which i can use in PVP. so as far as helping new players, suggest PVE server first, that will help add new players.

Rabbid likes this.
  16. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

This is a very sound suggestion. I had to start a PVE account just to catch up on the new content after taking a break from the game. I had been a forum Admin previously and had an excellent handle on all game content, but in coming back I am still learning things everyday. Starting on a PVE server would allow them to learn the many tricks of the trade so to speak and the nice thing is you only have to PVP when you want to.

Tex

bodean likes this.
  17. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

That
    Great suggestion. I think the most valuable thing any new or returning player can do is go to the PVE server even for a week or two and learn everything you can about whats changed. Soak it all up.

Then what I would do if you plan to move to a PvP server is this.

Take 100$

Buy enough crystals for reload in skills (5000)
    Buy a cannon pack (Really needed for profit)
    Buy the discount 25%
    BUy enough ammo to get the reloader castle to 4 or 5 and some cannon slots
    Get a gem bag or 2 for some decent cannon damage and defense

Level to 20 or so and get all the vooodoo cannons and 3 priest, use every voucher code you can and don't waste pearls on needless things

From there you should be making around 500-800 pearls off each drakir~ I just started another baby boat 3 weeks ago with this method and already made well over 3,000,000 pearls and I only play 2-3 hours a day on that account. Sometimes I'll spend 5 or 6 but if you are dedicated you will make a lot of pearls with this method.

If you don't want to spend money it will be a massive struggle to get over the hump. a bit of cash will take you a long way.

Hope this helps any new player reading this, just my suggestion.

TEX~BULL and bodean like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.