No limit on sinks to get BPs?

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Planters_Peanut, Oct 5, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Planters_Peanut

Planters_Peanut Junior Expert

2017-10-05 11:07:57
    You sank **T3R0R**'s ship. ID # 229168

I sink this boat on global 6 so far 82 times within a 24 hour period and easily expect that number to rise. Presently we only get BP on the first two sinks. Can you please remove that cap so we can BP for each sink like it used to be years ago whether it be 82, 182, 1082 and up?

It would sure make us feel better for the ammo, pammo and time used to sink them. The player can eventually check their logs and see that their boat got hammered and boarded too.

HMS-Harp likes this.
  2. Ryste

Ryste Someday Author

Please god no.

Removing the cap makes it even more difficult to be a small ship (including recruting more new Seafight players) and benefit the strong players (including the cheaters).

Noone deserve to be chain sunk (what's called in english?) by the same player over and over again just for the battlepoints just because you're an easy target.

Lil`Wolf likes this.
  3. HMS-Harp

HMS-Harp Forum Apprentice

Great idea! Until BP/Seafight takes care of this bot epidemic where they have taken over the game we can get BP's and sink them non-stop. A long time ago when bots were not that common our guild would take shifts to just sink another guild's bots all the time and not saying it can possibly happen now since BP has lost control of the game but it would sure help.

Defense for smaller or any boat getting chained and your actually behind your key board? Switch maps, negotiate with the sinker or their guild, or log off for a while.

4. Ɗяєɗɗєɗ

Ɗяєɗɗєɗ Padavan

I actually like this one however how would you prevent pushing? People sinking their own ship over and over again for battle points?

5. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

This could be made so that after being sunk twice no more Battle points are awarded if and only if the (manned) ship changes to another map. This would mean (unmanned) auto's would give BP continually whilst they remain in the same map.

That way a 'auto' could be chained for Battle Points as long as it remains in the same map, any players would be exempted (like now) after two sinks providing they have changed map. Then if anyone foolishly wants to stay in the same map they would have no reason to complain if they get chained. It could otherwise clearly help as an indicative pointer along with other data, in helping to identify beyond reasonable doubt as to who is running programmes!

That opens up another problem - very good point!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    Planters_Peanut likes this.
  6. Planters_Peanut

As far as I can remember when I played in the 2010 to 2013 range for years with my old big boat we would get unlimited BP for sinks.

I'm already well over 100 sinks on that boat above and it will continue to climb. Another player in chat told me he got 50 consecutive sinks off of it. If we are going to be inconvenienced and burdened by spending our precious resources to sink and board it which overall is a loss why not at least get BPs for each sink. It would sure help. Otherwise it just continues to hurt the morale of the game players..

Pushing? I have no idea unless someone else can address this but I am more concerned about getting BPs for each and every sink.

7. =308Marksman=

=308Marksman= Regular

Aint happening we only get BP's for 2 sinks because of people abusing the system.

Weaker boats were being chain sunk and if you think the number of Big boats in the lower maps is bad now
    it was way way worse before the 2 sink limit.

4.1. Pushing

Pushing is strictly forbidden in all our games. Pushing is the interaction of two or more game accounts with the goal of providing at least one of these accounts with any type of advantage. Pushing applies to accounts belonging to one user as well as to multiple players. Support reserves the right to decide whether or not the interactions between two accounts can be constituted as pushing.

I dont quite agree with the vocabulary thats chosen here. Think about it for a second or 2 till it clicks.

The way its currently written, Their own game is against its own rules.

8. Planters_Peanut

You know? The way it is now we the players that act in good faith and play honestly lose. If BP/Seafight actually ENFORCED their own rules we would not be in this predicament. Maybe we are playing the wrong game.

9. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Personally, I am against allowing unlimited BP. I think a few things need to be implemented first, no BP gained from those guilds who are listed as an Ally (allow island guild relation). I think BP needs to be reset at the same time every day, be it noon or midnight instead of the current 24 hours after the last sink. I think we need more interesting, honest ways we can get BP. The limit should be increased, to say 5, but not unlimited.

Taken from: https://board-en.seafight.com/threa...onditions-from-01-11-2016.167131/#post-497594

Pushing/Boosting/Multiaccounts

To be able to push in Seafight, the player needs either to actively install software specifically designed for pushing, or create many multi accounts to use them as a target and to shoot them down in order to receive e.g. experience or battle points without PvP fighting. That means that the player will get an advantage in perspective to other players who are playing fairly to obtain their in-game items. Players using this method are subject to tracking and sanctioning.
    Examples:
    - A player uses a third-party software which allows him to sail around automatically and collect glitters or shoot NPCs and monsters (Bot-Using).
    - A player uses a third-party software, which allows him to navigate many ships, which are moving and acting exactly in the same way as the main ship.
    - A player creates many multi accounts and places all of his ships to one map, in order to board them and get loot or to shoot them down with his main ship, which brings lot of experience, battle or other points and advantages. Therefore, the intention of creating multi accounts serves only to push the main account and not to use them as real game accounts.

What is NOT considered pushing in [GAME]:

• More than one account in the same household;
    • Healing a guild member, friends or any other accounts that are registered on the same IP-address or Email address during fights against other players.
    • Interaction of several accounts of the same player, if none of them use unauthorized methods/scripts/software to progress in the game and get advantage for one single ship.
    It is very important for us that you understand that these situations are allowed and will under no circumstances be tracked and/or punished.

Why those situations are not considered as pushing?

In Seafight, even playing with multiple accounts, you cannot generate significant advantage to the main account if you do not use a third-party software. You cannot send gifts like items, cannons, buffs, etc. to another account, which would mean that to supply the main account consistently, the player needs to be actively playing on all accounts. For that reason, pushing in Seafight is only characterized when a third party script or software is used to make this boosting possible or when mutli accounts are only created to use them as a
    target for a main account.

-Arky

10. =308Marksman=

=308Marksman= Regular

Now thats just too freakin funny..... Seriously Arky,I am over here laughin my ass off.

Reason being is, this is another classic example on how SF needs to get there shit together.

I took my rule quote from the main forum page under the section where it says " House Rules "

Only Arky. would weed thru umpteen pages of "Official Announcements" to ensure the
    correct info was posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.