NPC DAMAGE

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by .Bjergvang, Dec 1, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .Bjergvang

.Bjergvang Forum Greenhorn

Players paid real money in order to purchase the reinforced Ribs in order to obtain better protection from NPC dammage. The current change that reversed this protection, is not really accptebla. Noticed Arky approved of this, but I am certain that he is in minorioty. Based upon his reasoning as outlined below, I totally disagree him

This is not a joke, it is a necessary change, and I agree with the change.

Now, let me start by saying that I understand your frustration, and for a lot of the player base everything was fine, the NPCs were still hitting you quite hard, and were a challenge.

However, there were starting to become more and more boats, in which had over 100% Damage Prevention. Why is that important? Well, when you had over 100% Damage Prevention, all NPCs would "Miss" you, meaning you take 0 damage. All Guild Island Towers would "Miss" you also.

That was never intended. For instance, the Harrowstorm used to hit players 120,000 a shot when it first came out, 0 damage is quite a bit different than that. The Guild Islands, the players who took and paid for them had 0 benefits, and the islands couldn't protect themselves from attackers. Not to mention what would happen when you level your ribs? your gems? new items? It'd be a waste, it would be pointless in progressing your damage prevention any further as "Missed" is as low as you can go.

So how does this change fix that? Well, as we all know, your Cannon Damage is reduced by your targets Damage Prevention, this works the same for NPCs. So seeing as NPCs only had the starting 100% Cannon Damage, as soon as the player had 100% Damage Prevention the player would take no Damage. By adding, what I believe they have done, 20% Cannon Damage, this means that players need to reach 120% Damage Prevention at the moment (unachievable) to get "Missed" again.

Now, all Damage Prevention giving items, do still affect the amount of damage you receive, they will decrease the amount of damage you receive, just not by a game-breaking amount.

-Arky​

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  2. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

Arky is entitled to his opinion m8 like everyone else. I actually quite agree with some of Arky's reasoning over the 'missed' shots. Just not the way these underhand devious changes have been imposed by the inept management of this company. No reference to the moderators intended whatsoever, as can clearly be seen from my past posts, unfortunately even the poor moderators do not receive the backup that they deserve from this ignorant company.

However, my main bugbear and what sticks in my throat again is the inappropriate way that this company has just ignorantly 'railroaded' another change into gameplay, without listening to the thoughts and feedback, or giving customers the full opportunity to make any representations beforehand. Please see my feedback in the general feedback section.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    .Bjergvang likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.