Suggestion Open water bonus maps

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Ɗяєɗɗєɗ, Jul 15, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Who would like Open water bonus maps?

1. +1

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. -1

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ɗяєɗɗєɗ

Ɗяєɗɗєɗ Padavan

This idea was first seen in Discord from
    EN_Mod_ICON™-Today at 11:23 AM

"Going to be controversial. I'd like to see more players on the seas. Seeing as players are unsociable and bury them self in the bonus maps. I'd like to see how implementing bonus maps into the normal sea chart would change the dynamics of the game and the league. The majority of the NPC's are already on the sea chart and would stop players staying in 1 maps"

Now i would like to build on this idea by suggesting that we change how bonus maps are played.

Rather than having a private bonus map where you can conduct your activity without any player seeing you or disturbing you i think the waves should be converted to quests. I will use a Virgo map as an example.

Quest 1 (Wave 1)
    Destroy 1 Los Renegade.
    Quest 2 (Wave 2)
    Destroy 5 Los Renegade.
    Quest 3 (Wave 3)
    Destroy 1 Tortuga gang and 1 Los Renegade.
    Quest 4 (Wave 4)
    Destroy 5 Tortuga gang.
    Quest 5 (Wave 5)
    Destroy 1 Sinclair's men, 1 Tortuga gang and 1 Los Renegade.
    Quest 6 (Wave 6)
    Destroy 5 Sinclair's men.
    Quest 7 (Wave 7)
    Destroy 1 Rat pack and 1 Sinclair's men.
    Quest 8 (Wave 8)
    Destroy 5 Rat packs.
    Quest 9 (Wave 9)
    Destroy 1 Flying Dutchman, 1 Rat pack and 1 Sinclair's men.
    Quest 10 (Wave 10)
    Destroy 5 Flying Dutchman.

Rewards
    10 Mojo
    150 Harpoons
    2.000 Armor Plates
    3.500 Black Powder
    10.000 Pearls
    1.500.000 Gold
    300.000 Elite Points
    400.000 Experience Points (EP)

50% Chance, 5% Extra Damage (7 Days)
    50% Chance, 12.250 Extra Hitpoints (7 Days)
    By having open water bonus maps we utilise the NPC we have forgotten about and it also stops ships hiding away in a bonus map. It will also encourage players to level up to do higher tier bonus maps because of the NPC being in higher maps.

If a player wants to hide away let them hide away in safe haven.

Related comments

silvernet-Today at 12:00 PM
    It's a nice idea, mainly because of the forgotten npc
    but keep in mind that this will stop 0 bots

๖ۣۜDaddy-Today at 12:01 PM
    It will slow bots down and we can stop them by sinking them
    Imagine trying to find and sink 5 dutchmen for your end reward with other players doing the same quest.​

*Please keep in mind this will only be for Virgo, Capri, Sagittarius and Cancer bonus maps*

- Blitzen

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  2. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

It is an interesting idea, however, to my knowledge the bonus maps have been an "escape" for many players to break away from the everyday routine of actual playing/fighting/questing/testing. I enjoy doing scrolls in my own time frame and others seek this benefit most advantageous when actually fighting PvP. While it's true that the lower maps npc have been left behind by players leveling up, they are left behind for the newer players just joining or for older players starting a baby/chat boat. In essence what you are asking for what we 20 and above are having to accomplish now by finding and boarding and sinking "X" amount of "renowns and warriors" ships to gain crowns for advancement to the next level, I do find this very frustrating to say the least but for newer players in the lower maps they would need some type of immunity because the bonus maps are punishing enough for weaker boats let alone having to deal with the damage from npc but from other players as well.

3. michaelwells

michaelwells Forum Ambassador

I like it. It would be a fun alternative to getting into a Scroll. As long as the Scroll requirements per wave were reasonable.

4. Corsair_Bill

Corsair_Bill Forum Connoisseur

I sorta like the idea, would have to ask if it would be a repeatable doohicky or not, but at the same time would not be too cool if someone runs across another player from a warring faction, one of the main benefits of having a scroll, you can avoid such players and still collect items unavailable from the trader or auction

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.