Pearl Price

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Destruction, May 26, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Good afternoon again,

This is my third thread today and I promise it will be the last!

Something that has recently baffled me is the price of the pearls, and how they have never scaled with the game.

Back when the game was 105 Cannons, no skills, no castles, 55 Lbs, the price of pearls was £130 for 750,000 (2,250,000 on Mega Happy Hour). With premium, rebate and islands, this would work out as more than enough to get a ship to full cannons, which was the maximum standard at the time.

As time has progressed, the pearls have become less valuable. To get 2.25m pearls back in those days it was a lot of hard work. Scrolls were hard, events were slower due to only hitting ~6k damage. Now you can make that as pure profit from not even a full day on events. Pearls are much faster to get, worth less as you go through ammo faster, and you need around 30m total to max your ship with relevant skills and castles. I do not understand why the price is not £180 for them, rather than dropping this down majorly to maybe £60? I am not sure how that scales with purchasable pearl alternatives such as Bonus Maps, and I personally do not buy, nor do I need to buy, pearls, but I do not know anybody who buys pearls now, even new players who are instantly thrown off by the price of pearls.

I don't want people to think this is some plea for a cheaper game, and as I said before, I do not buy pearls as I can get them easily from events, but it does baffle me that pearls cost £180 for what can be made in a day, whereas the same price on Voodoo Cannons could get you close to a full set of Level 1.

Many thanks,

~Des

iReapzz(POP) likes this.
  2. michaelwells

michaelwells Forum Ambassador

3. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

4. -Trinity-

-Trinity- Forum Greenhorn

+1

iReapzz(POP) likes this.
  5. _RATTY_.

_RATTY_. Exceptional Talent

+1

iReapzz(POP) likes this.
  6. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

All sorts of +1's coming though.... :)

iReapzz(POP) likes this.
  7. stargirl5

stargirl5 Forum Apprentice

+1 :)

iReapzz(POP) likes this.
  8. ~JB~

~JB~ Forum Apprentice

Agreed, the pearl cost has fallen so out of balance its unreal.

iReapzz(POP) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.