Suggestion Periodical events poll

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Satan_Himself, Jul 13, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Should they do this?

1. OH YES!

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. No.

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satan_Himself

Satan_Himself Forum Baron

Hello to all! I was thinking that the game is quite boring right now because there is nothing to fight for as there are no event ships and my alliance owns the server. I came to the conclusion that we could have some events and we could get to pick them by voting for them in forums.

The idea of voting for events would be something like this: every few months or weeks, like the castle days, open a thread with a list of events so we can vote for them and the most popular gets started for some time (like 15 days).

Why would Bigpoint do something like this? Add (or mix with the event) damage days and bucaneers bounty market payment packages so this is profitable for the company too.

Example:

• Armada of the dead
    • Path of the beast
    • Event 1 + Damage days for burning ice ammo
    • Chinese new year (same event with different name to fit the date)
    • Damage days for random ammo + Event 2
    This way we can have fun and Bigpoint can make money without boring us with "events" like Tigerfins everywhere, Romeo & Juliet's Facepalm or Bored to Death fights Arena.

2. Ɗяєɗɗєɗ

Ɗяєɗɗєɗ Padavan

I like the idea of being able to vote for a event :) +1

3. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

I would say yes but to a certain degree, here's my thought and I have written this idea up this before, make the events according to what level you are...1-6, 7-14, 15-21, 22-26, 27-30, this way every player can play the event according to their averaged strengths and levels. Perhaps tie in events to a small degree to a quest or test depending on your level.

4. carcalete1

carcalete1 Junior Expert

Hmm, MAYBE balance the server? Make more enemies, break the alliance by kicking some guilds, make server more dynamic?

Mega Europe 5 is not boring at all, if you're on the right side. ;) haha

(I personally like events only, as there are more ships aka BP to farm, nothing else)

5. Satan_Himself

Satan_Himself Forum Baron

Sadly, that is not on me. Enemies are all hiding in scrolls or low maps hitting noobs. Mega America is really boring. SFA has half of the server in. The other half are small ships and a few enemies. I would love to see some action and see a few guilds go away.

6. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

A solid idea here, except I would suggest the level boundries as:

1-5 (Noobie Protection)
    6-15 (Baby Raid)
    16-20 (Behemoth raid, all have no Commonwealth Officers)
    21-25 (Behemoth raid but with Commonwealth Officers)
    26-30 (Commonwealth Raid)

I know the raid maps aren't really relevant to the events but these are normally the level segments for previous events, just because each player in the level range has the exact same access to items and maps, apart from any level maps they haven't reached yet (e.g. Lv12 player cant reach 15/1)

Apart from that I like the idea!

7. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

By doing that you are encouraging players to stay a certain level so that they do not have to compete with as many players on events and make easier/better rewards. It is quite well known that I think all players should level up as that is one of the aims of the game, and it should be encouraged that players do that (which the SF Team has started to do).

I would also say that a players Level does not determine the strength they are; I know many level 15 boats which can sink a very large majority of 21+ Level boats. I know some Level 5 boats who can do the same. It is this reason that I strongly disagree with separation by level. The only exception I believe in at this current time, is to make it so that event NPCs are not aggressive to level 5 or below players; as these are by enlarge small/new players, which at events just get chain sunk by the NPCs.

I feel that in order for the game to move forward, for everyone, in my opinion they need to implement a gear score of sorts where you are placed into an event band by how good your ship is. This would then work for raids, quests, etc etc. It would take a while to setup and to balance effectively, but once set up only then they could correctly design content suitable for all players at all levels.

-Arky

Corsair_Bill likes this.
  8. michaelwells

michaelwells Forum Ambassador

Count me in. +1.

9. Corsair_Bill

Corsair_Bill Forum Connoisseur

I like ARKY's thought +1 :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.