pets

Discussion in 'Help' started by alektra, Apr 10, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alektra

alektra Junior Expert

witch stones most of you user for figth pets ?
    dodge hit chance, and probability or ?
    or any suggestions?

2. Mac

Mac Forum Mogul

Hit chance and damage prevention although some prefer dodge chance over damage prev gems, personal choice

alektra likes this.
  3. blindluck

blindluck Forum Pro

maybe look at 2 pet set ups..
    Offense & Defense depends on what u are doing at the time.

alektra likes this.
  4. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Hey

The following are the setups I use.

Fighting: Dodge and Hit Prob
    Scrolls/NPCs without Dodge: Cannon Damage and Crit Hit Prob (it works out better than Crit Dmg for me)
    Repair Cannon Pet: Dodge and Damage Prev
    Capping/Harp: Boarding Bonus and Harpoon Damage

-Arky

5. lonely_without_you

lonely_without_you Someday Author

hi,,you tell dodge and hit prob is beter then damage prevention and hit prob,for fighting.

6. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

I along with everyone else in my guild believe so :)

-Arky

lonely_without_you likes this.
  7. lonely_without_you

lonely_without_you Someday Author

8. blindluck

blindluck Forum Pro

would it be fair to say you would not run a Dodge and damage prevention gem on ship and a dodge and damage on pet also,Defense makes 4 good offense ,why not this set up?

ᏕȊƝ⚡️ƁᎪᎠ likes this.
  9. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

I would always run a Dodge and Damage Prevention on the Ship.

On the Pet, I would use Dodge and Hit Prob. I would not use Dodge and Damage Prevention because although yes you are correct, you will be hit less, your Hit Probability would be severely damaged. Due to how the damage formula favors Hit Probability over Cannon Damage (HitProb effects everything, cannon damage only effects the Cannon Ball Damage), that means that although they would hit you less, you would hit them a lot less...

That is of course if you are going up against someone who has a full dodge setup (most big boats do as it is far more beneficial).

-Arky

4x4x4 and ᏕȊƝ⚡️ƁᎪᎠ like this.
  10. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

I agree with ARKY here. For fighting I have always used damage prevention and dodge on the ship, and dodge chance and hit probability on the pet. Something ARKY didn't mention which is a small point but adds on to this. If you are jumped by an enemy and need to escape or get to a border, having the dodge chance will help you survive that little bit longer to get to that map change, and keep your sails up for longer for speed. It's a small effect but a worthy one nonetheless. Additionally, dodge favours over damage prevention due to the ways the formula calculates the values and based on the popular setups chosen by experienced players. For this reason I use Dodge Chance over Damage Prevention on my repair skin.

I hope this helps

Thanks

~Des

4x4x4 likes this.
  11. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

There is a rare scenario when having both DP and Dodge Gems equipped on your Ship and your Pet can be more beneficial. This is where you are shooting the type of event where a particular NPC can hit you very hard and drain your shields more than is usually comfortable.

Then along comes an enemy guild ship 'chancer' :eek: who is after low rep lucky sinks out of the stack that you are within. Having both Gems set to defence allows you to take more hits whilst you either recover, return fire, or you can move out of range without being sunk off the event too easily.

I find this setup quite good at certain times like when polished muzzles are available too, as this provides extra hit probability linked with the best defensive properties where the enemy may decide to throw Dragonfires first... it can allow you to return them and still win.:p

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    blindluck and *KRUCHY* like this.
  12. blindluck

blindluck Forum Pro

Thanks ARKY, im going to try this,

ᏕȊƝ⚡️ƁᎪᎠ likes this.
  13. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

You are most welcome mate! :)

-Arky

14. Perahu.Kertas

Perahu.Kertas Someday Author

Please give recomen for gem pet and ship all slot for fighting .. thanks :)

15. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Common Setup for Fighting:
    Ship:
    +49 Speed / +50% Battlepoints
    Cannon Damage
    Hit Probability
    Damage Prevention
    Dodge Chance​
    Pet:
    1000 Pearl Damage / +50% Battlepoints
    Hit Probability
    Dodge Chance
    -Arky

ᏕȊƝ⚡️ƁᎪᎠ likes this.
  16. ᏕȊƝ⚡️ƁᎪᎠ

ᏕȊƝ⚡️ƁᎪᎠ Junior Expert

some players like panser for special stone in ship.. +5% panser.. or 5%pvp

i would go as ARKY say here with 50% battlepoints..

17. Perahu.Kertas

18. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Critical Gem is not actually that good for fighting in most cases.. so thats why the most popular common setup does not have a critical gem.

-Arky

19. Perahu.Kertas

ANd i use spesial gems in ship 5%plate armor good ?? Because i dont have 50 dot reduces

20. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Yeah that is okay :)

-Arky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.