Quest givers and partial immunity at safe haven borders

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by USSChallenger1, Mar 7, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

The thought of this thread to give some suggestions on how to maybe improve the current situation of finding and accepting quests from the quest givers and the amount of time it takes to access the safe havens since the new updates to the game.

All safe havens need to have all the quest givers and those persons found on the sea chart, to accept and redeem the quests. This would eliminate a lot of confusion for the player and I'm speaking of personal experience, I have to collect 5 treasure chests and then redeem the quest to Barnacle Ballard, guess what, I found him in three location until I found the right map/guy to redeem my quest.
    If you start a quest in a safe haven for your level, then you should finish in that safe haven and not have to sail endlessly to find some character in another map such as AJAX or whomever else you run into.

Presently, there is a 15 second timer to enter the safe haven, this needs to be improved by adding partial immunity to those wishing to enter the safe haven, that have not been attacked by another player or NPC, meaning, if I sail from 20 maps to the safe haven border and await entrance into the safe haven and I was not attacked prior to this action then I would be given immunity from being attacked by other players or NPC, this is currently the way it is to gain entry into the bonus maps or utilizing certain buffs such as teleports or other items.

I don't know, maybe this is a good idea for some and others will say not.

Lil`Wolf and Corsair_Bill like this.
  2. Corsair_Bill

Corsair_Bill Forum Connoisseur

I like the idea on partial immunity, hope it gets approved

Lil`Wolf likes this.
  3. Destruction2

Destruction2 Forum Apprentice

Hi Challenger,

Really like the idea of having all of the quest givers in every Safe Haven. I think its just confusing, hassling and annoying so your method would really help make that easier so players can spend more time completing the quests and less time working out where they can start them.

The partial immunity... Interesting concept. I too found it really annoying when trying to hop into 17/1 Safe Haven and you'd see a Syanite or Boreas on its way, and for those last seconds you're praying it doesn't get in range in time but it always does. I would however find it really annoying if I was hunting down a player and then couldn't shoot him because he was getting into Safe Haven, so your point of "if you haven't been attacked" would come into play here I guess. Good idea :)

Lil`Wolf likes this.
  4. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

I would also like to add that if BP didn't do the quest givers in the safe haven then they ought to at least include where to sail to within the sea chart of the person to redeem the quest.

Lil`Wolf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.