repairing while being shot

Discussion in 'Help' started by -masterjedi-, Oct 29, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -masterjedi-

-masterjedi- Junior Expert

have read the the previous posts on this issue and let me say im glad that other players have raised the questions regarding this issue. so my questions are the following. can someone please post the math and what buffs are required to do this and dont tell me amulets this is happening without the use of those. as an example how someone can rep between cannon fire from a live player and or npc fire.and im trying to understand the explanation on how this can happen are you saying that a player shooting in a live combat situation stops shooting hits the repair button and then shoots back without missing any time?even when shooting an npc this seems unrealistic. i dont wanna press my luck with the forum mods but cmon people the other players that posted on this issue are correct something is not right.

2. sertatumsingi

sertatumsingi Junior Expert

im kind of a noob, lvl 21 with a few dooms and firestorms, but i can kill a nightmare boat with hollows without losing any hp by spamming repair after i shoot and then pressing shoot and spamming repair again. I dont know where all this fuss is coming from

3. -masterjedi-

so you can do this while fighting live players also?

4. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

the original post refereed to a Npc not a live player ( shooting a Marauder ) and that is how I answered it.

5. -masterjedi-

please address the live player question. im not trying to beat you up tex but i can tell you for a fact im seeing this in a pvp situation.

6. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

If you believe that a player is cheating then please feel free to report them to support. I answered a question concerning a player hitting an npc not a live player. I can give you the math but you can find the same information I am privy to in the Seafight Bible. Even with the math you can argue that there is no way to spam the rep key fast enough. This is a no win argument from my side because I can not personally duplicate it to and show you. I have been informed that it can be done and that is what I passed on to you. Having played this game for many many years (original account started in 2008) I have seen things done by non cheating players that I had a hard time believing but just had to take on faith.

7. Satan_Himself

Satan_Himself Forum Baron

What I can add is that it is possible to spam repair while fighting regardless of target type. This has been part of the mechanics since I can remember. Thes kind of things are part of the playability of the game and IMO should not be touched.

8. -masterjedi-

so just to be clear you can repair faster than a live player can shoot in ALL cases?

9. -masterjedi-

i dont have time to report the amount of ships ive seen with this. Tex maybe you or support can provide a video of 2 equal ships fighting and both repairing in between shots?

10. Satan_Himself

Satan_Himself Forum Baron

Only with max repair buffs including hourglass if I remember correctly. Unless you have that with silver hammer you should not find inmmortal ships.

11. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

your fellow player is saying that he seen it and it is possible. I am sorry but we can not provide video as that is not what we do. we can debate this till the end of time but I believe you will not be satisfied by any thing we provide. If you don't mind I am going back to playing as this discussion has run it's course in my opinion.

Tex

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  12. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

update:
    you can thank Swift for this one as he took the time to set it up for you:

Spamming rep/attack buttons

And here's the numbers:
    Repair Value:
    Level 5 Carpenter: +2400
    Maintenance Crew Level 8 Castle: +500
    Defensive Skill Quick Fix 50/50: +40.3%
    Premium: +100%
    Azurite Ship Gem Level 26: 52%
    Repair Speed:
    Carpentry Expertise Castle Level 8: -40%
    Masterwork Tools Buff: -25%
    Azurite Ship Gem Level 26: -13%
    Hour Glass: -20%

found here:

max repair
    Tex

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  13. USS_Defender(CAG-01)

USS_Defender(CAG-01) Exceptional Talent

Of course it is possible. Now the questions become how long at what cost does it become possible to achieve these numbers? What are the probabilities of these be attained without trading off the displayed amazing offensive and defensive skills?. And really, do you think we do not know that the Hour Glass is usable about once in a gaming session. One best have a ton of money and play for a whole lot longer than a year or two to attain the Stats given. Now just how long would you reckon a straight up player for over 6 years would take and who has spent about 30k usd to get these specs?

14. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

The stats listed above are the maximum at this current time, tomorrow this shall be further increased with the introduction of Cabin Boys.

However, one does not need to have these stats to be able to repair while being shot, these were simply used as it shows the biggest repair, you can maintain being fully repaired while NPCs hit you quite easily if you are set up correctly with much lower stats. You also have the ability to repair while being shot regardless of your stats, you will simply not repair as much.

You also ask about damage/defence compromises, well the Carpenter, Maintenance Crew Castle, Defensive Skill, Premium, Masterwork Tools and the Hourglass can all be equipped without having any effect on your Damage or Defence. The only one which can lower your defence is the Azurite Ship Gem, which will replace a defensive gem.

Any further questions?

Swift

15. CSS_Shenandoah

CSS_Shenandoah Forum Apprentice

Tex, I was shooting this player, in addition to the NPC! It was pointless. Just as pointless to return fire on the many ships that chain me daily.

16. -TALENTO.GR.-

-TALENTO.GR.- Someday Author

IF you have 10 fingers 2 hands you can fight reppspamm jump map and use items . its not science its MICRO MANAGMENT. if u cant to it then others can! if u have low APM then the worse player u are. in 2k18 there are keyboards,mouse, better hardware and ofc young players that are able to handle video gaming better than others with worse stuff!

17. -masterjedi-

gimme a break i can tell by the reactions from some people that i hit a nerve.its not realistic to think you can stop and start the rep button and fire buttons non stop during a live fight.again i wanna see a video of 2 equal boats doing this.

18. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

I have been doing it with the event npc's most of today and i am not even maxed on anything. As I stated before no matter what we show you will choose not to believe it so I am closing this thread. Do not start another on the same topic or I will close that as well. You asked for proof and were provided it.

Tex

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.